Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emblac)
    Hi, I'm Embla (from Sweden) and I will be studying Psychology and live in Willow Court! so excited, can't wait until sept!
    Nice! I'm from Sweden too and will be studying psychology as well, but live in Polwarth House!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TodayForTomorrow)
    Hi guyyyys!

I'm Katy, 20, and starting an economics degree in september...not staying in halls though, which is a bit of a downer, i dont know many first years who dont stay in halls....any economics friends on here?
    I'm Greta, will be 20 this summer, starting economics and finance degree in September
    not staying in halls too...and I'm afraid that I don't find any friends because of that

Are we the only ones with economics here??

ReputationRep:
    Studying journalism and staying in AKD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If your looking for more information on the freshers week heres the link for the facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/stirlingfreshers2013?fref=ts

ReputationRep:
    Just curious, how have Scottish students been offered accommodation already? Thought you could only apply when you have got your results! I'm from England, can't wait to go to Stirling, looks amazing but I have to wait to apply for the accommodation. Hope I don't get left too expensive accommodation because I'm on a harsh budget! Any other people from England? or Studying accounting? Will I get a lot of hate for being English aha?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaciora)
    I'm Greta, will be 20 this summer, starting economics and finance degree in September
    not staying in halls too...and I'm afraid that I don't find any friends because of that

Join loads of Societies and you'll be little miss popular :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan_95)
    Just curious, how have Scottish students been offered accommodation already? Thought you could only apply when you have got your results! I'm from England, can't wait to go to Stirling, looks amazing but I have to wait to apply for the accommodation. Hope I don't get left too expensive accommodation because I'm on a harsh budget! Any other people from England? or Studying accounting? Will I get a lot of hate for being English aha?
    Hey! They've been offered accommodation if they have unconditionals only, if you are still waiting for results like most are and have to meet a certain condition to get in then they will have to wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am doing accounting at uni, and Scottish students can be offered unconditional places if we already have the grades to get into uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becxi)
    I am doing accounting at uni, and Scottish students can be offered unconditional places if we already have the grades to get into uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alright! Hope I'm not left with Geddes Court aha. Looks like a prison!

ReputationRep:
    Alright! Hope I'm not left with Geddes Court aha. Looks like a prison!
    It was apparently modelled on a women's prison. But don't worry if that's what you're left with - I just had the best year of my life in Geddes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    It was apparently modelled on a women's prison. But don't worry if that's what you're left with - I just had the best year of my life in Geddes!
    Just curious, was you their when the chlamydia outbreak happened?

ReputationRep:
    Just curious, was you their when the chlamydia outbreak happened?
    No, that was several years ago, and it was crabs not chlamydia haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    No, that was several years ago, and it was crabs not chlamydia haha.
    Lol ok, what is better AKD or Geddes?

ReputationRep:
    Lol ok, what is better AKD or Geddes?
    Both are good, and if you haven't applied yet, will be the only halls you will have a chance of getting (ASH will all be gone by August results).

Geddes is just that bit wilder, and more fun, so I'd have to say it's better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    Both are good, and if you haven't applied yet, will be the only halls you will have a chance of getting (ASH will all be gone by August results).

Geddes is just that bit wilder, and more fun, so I'd have to say it's better.
    Its soooo annoying, I get my results 16th August which is a week after the Scottish! Will I have a chance of getting into AKD?

ReputationRep:
    Its soooo annoying, I get my results 16th August which is a week after the Scottish! Will I have a chance of getting into AKD?
    Yes, I'd imagine you'd stand a chance, but honestly don't sweat it: Geddes is class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    Yes, I'd imagine you'd stand a chance, but honestly don't sweat it: Geddes is class.
    Bet their is a lot of munters in Geddes though!

ReputationRep:
    Bet their is a lot of munters in Geddes though!
    A fair few, but plenty of worldies as well though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    A fair few, but plenty of worldies as well though!
    I got told that a third of the intake of students are English, is that Bull?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaciora)

i'm law now changed last week...might still pick up an economics module if i've got the space though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.