Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded. watch

ReputationRep:
    It just eludes me why any person or organisation would want to do this.
    How can they say anything about the race, religion or political opinions of anyone they killed?

I guess a lot of people grow up being brainwashed into believing that the whole west it at war with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    If we assume this is a terrorist attack then by killing people/setting off bombs you both show that you (and your cause) are serious and in turn bring more attention to your cause.

How do you propose we put and end to it?
    I meant putting an end to it in a rhetorically, where it needs to happen but there seems to be no answer with all this politics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DK_Tipp)
    -Fear
    -Mass Panic
    -Economic disruption
    -A retaliation that can be used as propaganda to recruit to their cause

What do you mean by "putting an end to it"?
    I meant putting an end to it in a rhetorically, where it needs to happen but there seems to be no answer with all this politics

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'll see in my lifetime terrorists attacking with nuclear weapons. It's another fear-mongering myth spreaded by governments to frighten the public. Nuclear weapons are these lovely little toys that require minimal handling and any person can maintain and then use it. I'd imagine, considering how much the secrecy is over nuclear facility sites in Iran, North Korea, India and Pakistan, Israel and other nuclear-ready countries, that it is alot more complicated than we make it out to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellecttric)
    Attachment 209313

What does everyone think of this? Personally think it's coincidental and wishful thinking to guess it's linked but you never know...?
    That's quite creepy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skilled)
    Horrifying!, what the hell do these terrorists gain by killing so many innocent people, we need to put an end to this
    They gain support for their cause from a selection of ill educated muppets. Look at the support PIRA used to get.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1366062123731.png
Views: 2747
Size:  39.1 KB

Just wow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    That's pretty obvious surely? Their aim was to cause as much damage to the US/UK as possible. Hijacking planes and running them into the WTC cost america literally hundreds of billions of dollars. Its got to be the most successful declaration of war of all time.

Hitting a subway system similarly causes a big economic impact.

Bombing a marathon just kills people and nothing else. Why would you do that?
    America did WTC. Both of the towers have been proven to had explosives in them. You can see from the footage yourself on Youtube w.e, the first tower had a sudden burst of smoke a fraction of a second before the plane hit. This was planned.

And if that's not enough that this was all an inside job, look up tower 7. Another WTC building which apparently coincidentally collapsed on the same day, but no planes hit. This was hidden from the media.

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 209313

What does everyone think of this? Personally think it's coincidental and wishful thinking to guess it's linked but you never know...?
    I agree with you, that person may have been linked or it's just a coincidence

ReputationRep:
    Explosions happen in the Middle East and Africa multiple times per day, and in Europe at least twice per month - but when America is hit it's front page news?

My sympathies to the wounded but this is not on a scale worthy of international news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    I don't think I'll see in my lifetime terrorists attacking with nuclear weapons. It's another fear-mongering myth spreaded by governments to frighten the public. Nuclear weapons are these lovely little toys that require minimal handling and any person can maintain and then use it. I'd imagine, considering how much the secrecy is over nuclear facility sites in Iran, North Korea, India and Pakistan, Israel and other nuclear-ready countries, that it is alot more complicated than we make it out to be.

Id agree to a certain pint, but dirty bombs are a more credible threat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skilled)
    There will always be causes. And sadly, always nutters willing to go to horrific extremes to make their voices heard.

The best revenge is to live well. If we live in fear terrorism has won.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfy^)

Just wow...
    Such Bullsh*t

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bushido Brown)
    The pictures are irrelevant to be honest...
    Of course they are relevant! There wasn't even an appology for that strike!

I'm not condoning the terrorists actions here, but I find these Drone strikes disgusting. And if this attack was created to draw attention to the children dying in Afghanistan which is certainly not common knowledge - it's sort of a quater justifiable. People have done worse to draw attention to humanitarian crimes before.

And so you can understand the full extent of this, apparently 200 children alone have died from these type of strikes.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone took into consideration the possibility of a North Korean attack in Boston?

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 209313

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
    That's quite creepy.
    It could be a number of things:

1. Someone living in the apartment building who has gone to the roof to watch the marathon.

2. Someone in the apartment building going to see the scene of chaos.

3. A police/police sniper (they normally have those officers on site)

etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouse01)
    America did WTC. Both of the towers have been proven to had explosives in them. You can see from the footage yourself on Youtube w.e, the first tower had a sudden burst of smoke a fraction of a second before the plane hit. This was planned.

And if that's not enough that this was all an inside job, look up tower 7. Another WTC building which apparently coincidentally collapsed on the same day, but no planes hit. This was hidden from the media.

Are you wearing a tin foil hat you loon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
    Explosions happen in the Middle East and Africa multiple times per day, and in Europe at least twice per month - but when America is hit it's front page news?

My sympathies to the wounded but this is not on a scale worthy of international news.
    Except Massachusetts isn't an area impacted by war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfy^)

Just wow...
    No education, No words, No manners, No common sense, No dignity, No Empathy Westboro Baptist Church^{tm}

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaylorGang_4)
    Has anyone took into consideration the possibility of a North Korean attack in Boston?
    If it was NK, it'd be much bigger - especially as it would be their first attack on US soil. Even Al Quada/Taliban could do better than what is essentially a small-scale attack.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2013
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.