Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

2013 Bahrain Grand Prix thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    I can never crack Monaco, I just find it too squeezed and cramped. I look at the track in the game and some corners are definitely more narrow than in real life as the drivers are able to take such better lines. That track is quite glitchy on PS3 as well, frame rate all over the place at times.

Malaysia is a great track, really technical in its braking :yep: If you just mess up on corner though the rhythm totally messes up for the entire lap.
    F1 2012 is a lot better than the previous one. Although, in F1 2011, Monaco was a lot easier to race in than F1 2012. Monaco in F1 2012 is a lot more bumpy.

Do you use a steering wheel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sufistic)
    F1 2012 is a lot better than the previous one. Although, in F1 2011, Monaco was a lot easier to race in than F1 2012. Monaco in F1 2012 is a lot more bumpy.

Do you use a steering wheel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah right, I decided not to get 2012 after trying it out...too much understeer in the cars and they're on rails even with traction control fully off.

I use a wheel at home :yep: but controller at uni (most of the year).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1Addict)

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/04/2...-nordschleife/

:woo: Hoping that he pushes more than Heidfeld did in the BMW Sauber.. I'm not going to get my hopes up though. If they did an onboard video of the lap (regardless of the lap time) it would be simply amazing.
    So excited about this. Would love to see him get the record with lots ans lots of accompanying video.

I just want them to give him free rein to go for it and not slow down for photos every lap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    So excited about this. Would love to see him get the record with lots ans lots of accompanying video.

I just want them to give him free rein to go for it and not slow down for photos every lap.
    As long as he's allowed to set a full lap time that is somewhat representative of what an F1 car would be capable of, I couldn't care less how many times he stops for photos on other laps!

What would be awesome if they did the eye-level camera thing too - like they did with Di Grassi. :sogood: It would take serious balls to drive an F1 car around the Nordschleife with one eye, but if I had to bet on one driver doing it, Schumi would definitely be a good bet!

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, I decided not to get 2012 after trying it out...too much understeer in the cars and they're on rails even with traction control fully off.

I use a wheel at home :yep: but controller at uni (most of the year).
    I keep getting tempted by 2012 every time I see any race series going round COTA...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I keep getting tempted by 2012 every time I see any race series going round COTA...
    So true! It's kind of unacceptable that I don't know my way around a current F1 track, but I figured it's too late to get it now might as well wait for 2013 in a few months.

ReputationRep:
    So true! It's kind of unacceptable that I don't know my way around a current F1 track, but I figured it's too late to get it now might as well wait for 2013 in a few months.
    Yeah, that was my thinking too. It's still £20+ for 2012 in CEX...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Yeah, that was my thinking too. It's still £20+ for 2012 in CEX...
    Exactly. It's a shame it wasn't too my liking as I have had all the F1 games on pre-order. I wonder what 2013 is going to be like in terms of handling. Every year they say it's a very realistic simulation of the real thing yet it keeps changing :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. It's a shame it wasn't too my liking as I have had all the F1 games on pre-order. I wonder what 2013 is going to be like in terms of handling. Every year they say it's a very realistic simulation of the real thing yet it keeps changing :laugh:
    Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the demo. Apparently codies fixed a few of the handling issues with updates later after release.

I do enjoy how Codies try convince us that they've nailed it each time! :lol: If I'm being honest, I don't really rate the physics in F1 games. Well. Maybe not physics so much, but the forcefeedback. It's poor at best compared to Forza 4. I'd love Turn 10 to get hold of the F1 licence!

ReputationRep:
    new thread is up.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2344061

Yep, New thread time.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.