Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna Louise R)
    Hiya I was at the assessment centre yesterday wondering who you are lol x
    Haha, Claire! Dawn is on here too and a couple of people who attended on different days - which hopefully means we'll know when people have started getting positive replies!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone attending assesment days tomorrow! Fingers crossed for us all...has anyone already attended the second assesment day for the learn together partnership yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerry2001)
    I went to the assessment day in Birmingham on Friday 21st, and they told us we'd hear whether we'd been successful during week commencing 8th July. The assessment day is based around a number of tasks, and they give you a numerical grade for each. Apparently, they tot up the total number, and see where you are, then if you're in the top however many, they take up your references, then they decide whether you're in or not. Phew! A lot of work!

Good luck with your day, and enjoy it!
    Thanks, hope you hear soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose 73)
    They said they would call back when they had some info, but to be honest I am not holding my breath. Its just really annoying, and I have lost a lot of money organising childcare - they told me too late to cancel. 6pm on Friday is really not acceptable. Cannot go on 27th June so goodness knows what is going to happen. I will be complaining very loudly and long if I don't get fair treatment though. Worked really hard for this and if you work you can't just take days off. My boss is steaming as he had agreed me to have day off and now is angry that the cover he arranged is wasted. Am dreading having to ask for another day
    I am in the same position. It's really annoying. The story seems to change every time I speak to Penna. Today they suggested I go to another assessment centre but I really think they should organise something for GM. They did say that they are trying to organise something but I'm not feeling too confident. Really don't know what to do. Have you heard anything at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJKK)
    Hi everyone, never posted before,
    just wanted to say I've received an invite for the next part of assessment from the Yorkshire and Humberside regional partnership.
    VERY nervous, but excited too. Good luck everyone!
    A
    Hello :-)
    Ive also been invited to yorkshire and humberside assessment day! Which region did u apply for? Im dreading role play!!

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earlyyears1)
    Anyone attending Sheffield assessment day 27th June? I have applied to York.
    <br />
    <br />
    Hello, yes ive been invited to this assessment day, i applied for north yorkshire. Where u travelling from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philippa91)
    <br />
    <br />
    Hello, yes ive been invited to this assessment day, i applied for north yorkshire. Where u travelling from?
    Well done! I am travelling from Teesside to Sheffield! Dreading travelling! Where are you travelling from?

ReputationRep:
    QUOTE=seraphim1;43313542]I am in the same position. It's really annoying. The story seems to change every time I speak to Penna. Today they suggested I go to another assessment centre but I really think they should organise something for GM. They did say that they are trying to organise something but I'm not feeling too confident. Really don't know what to do. Have you heard anything at all?[/QUOTE]

I feel exactly the same. They rang me at 4pm yesterday and tried to get me to attend in Chorley which is miles away and NO NOTICE. I have requested that they treat me and anyone else affected, equally to everyone else as is the legal requirment and give me several days notice so that I can organise it.
    What sort of person rings their boss at 4pm and asks for the following day off? I have worked for years in business and I wouldn't be happy if one of my staff did that to me.

ReputationRep:
    I've just had a missed call followed by a text inviting me to a different assessment centre...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by takemethere)
    I've just had a missed call followed by a text inviting me to a different assessment centre...

Have you not been already?

ReputationRep:
    Yep...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was due to go to Salford on Thursday and received an email on Friday to say the venue would be changing. I rang penna on Tuesday to ask if they knew where the new venue would be and was told they didn't. I have had two phone calls today asking me to go to Sheffield on Friday instead? I have no childcare on a Friday as it is not a day which I work, and Sheffield is 3 hours away. I was told Sheffield was the closest one I could go to now and only on that day. Really stressed with it all!! Don't mind driving but it is much too short notice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earlyyears1)
    Well done! I am travelling from Teesside to Sheffield! Dreading travelling! Where are you travelling from?

Im travelling frm scarborough
    See you there :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnaj)
    I was due to go to Salford on Thursday and received an email on Friday to say the venue would be changing. I rang penna on Tuesday to ask if they knew where the new venue would be and was told they didn't. I have had two phone calls today asking me to go to Sheffield on Friday instead? I have no childcare on a Friday as it is not a day which I work, and Sheffield is 3 hours away. I was told Sheffield was the closest one I could go to now and only on that day. Really stressed with it all!! Don't mind driving but it is much too short notice!

Don't accept that - they are doing the same to me and its out of order. You are legally entitlied to be treated the same as other candidates therefore not forced to go to a centre at very short notice (less than other candidates have received). I think Salford have wanted to shift their candidates onto other assessment centres (Why I do not know) as they have now cancelled people from Mon 24 and Thurs 27th.
    As you have children you have a right to have that dependent need 'reasonably accomadated' and asking you to drive to Sheffield with a day or two notice is not reasonable.
    I recruit in my current job and I would never dream of treating interview candidates in this manner. The interviews are not cancelled they are bumping people off them and when you have dependents that is unacceptable behaviour. There are prob people who could change their day quite easily but not easy when dependents are involved.
    Stick to your guns - the law is on your side!

ReputationRep:
    Phew all done....and now the waiting game begins all over again :/ fingers crossed for all those who have done their assesment days! Good luck to those still to go! Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose 73)
    Don't accept that - they are doing the same to me and its out of order. You are legally entitlied to be treated the same as other candidates therefore not forced to go to a centre at very short notice (less than other candidates have received). I think Salford have wanted to shift their candidates onto other assessment centres (Why I do not know) as they have now cancelled people from Mon 24 and Thurs 27th.
    As you have children you have a right to have that dependent need 'reasonably accomadated' and asking you to drive to Sheffield with a day or two notice is not reasonable.
    I recruit in my current job and I would never dream of treating interview candidates in this manner. The interviews are not cancelled they are bumping people off them and when you have dependents that is unacceptable behaviour. There are prob people who could change their day quite easily but not easy when dependents are involved.
    Stick to your guns - the law is on your side!
    Thanks Rose I have done. I am waiting on a phone call for a date and venue they are trying to organise in Manchester for next week xx

ReputationRep:
    All done now! Fingers crossed! Winstone good luck! the day went a little better than I was expecting but as its a points marking not too sure how I would have done. The penna guy said its just the interview/role play/group session that they look at now not any of the previous application. Anyways good luck to anybody with assesment centres left to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAthert)
    All done now! Fingers crossed! Winstone good luck! the day went a little better than I was expecting but as its a points marking not too sure how I would have done. The penna guy said its just the interview/role play/group session that they look at now not any of the previous application. Anyways good luck to anybody with assesment centres left to go
    The local authorities at my assessment centre said the application score counts towards the final score.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Winstonsone)
    Phew all done....and now the waiting game begins all over again :/ fingers crossed for all those who have done their assesment days! Good luck to those still to go! Xx

I am all done now too. Good luck to everyone.

Winstonsone did they tell you how long before you hear from them?
    I applied to WLA and we were told that we find out next month, July.
    Good luck and well done!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzybabe)
    I am all done now too. Good luck to everyone.

Winstonsone did they tell you how long before you hear from them?
    I applied to WLA and we were told that we find out next month, July.
    Good luck and well done!!

Yeah the LTP said we would find out the week beginning the 8th July but the penna representative said it may be the week after...some time around then anyways! Good luck jazzy! X

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.