Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ferrari was way off pace today...
    Alonso should have held on against Button and Sutil.

Best drivers today IMO were Perez and Kimi, who gained 6 positions in the last 5 laps and managed to score a point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan94adibi)
    Too early in the season to make a conclusion!
    6 races in now though, you can start to see a pattern...

(Original post by Relaxedexams)
    Ferrari was way off pace today...
    Alonso should have held on against Button and Sutil.

Best drivers today IMO were Perez and Kimi, who gained 6 positions in the last 5 laps and managed to score a point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Perez was great till that crash into Kimi, was stupid and he got what he deserved with not finishing after that, hero to zero race from him. Kimi did well, but Rosberg has to be driver of the day for me, was superb all weekend.

Grosjean must go as well, did nothing all weekend but crash.

ReputationRep:
    Grosjean just has to go, what an absolute shambles of a driver he is. 4 incidents in one race weekend is a joke.

Of course though he won't go, because he, Total and Boullier eat cheese off of each other's chests in this French threesome they have going on there. Time for Gerard Lopez to step in and tell him to gtfo. If Total want a good french driver there's Bianchi.

Poor race for Alonso, don't know what was up with his pace but can't remember the last time he went backwards like that.

Fantastic race from Nico, just a perfect drive really and handled the restarts brilliantly. Had him predicted for the win so thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEMathlete)
    Sergio's being a div- trying to overtake when he should know that he hasn't got the speed to do so.
    What if he causes an incident and then McLaren lose out on the points they so obviously need?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree but button does half moan, team need to sort it out cause your right team could end a GP without any finishers, but I think jenson is frustrated with the car not being able to compete with the other top4 teams and then is just taking that out on sergio a bit, but sergio act like a little fearless puppy.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Ferrari and Lotus ****ed me up this weekend. But still, today was a one off.

ReputationRep:
    Can't tell who's worse?

Grosjean or Maldonado?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunch_Box)
    Can't tell who's worse?

Grosjean or Maldonado?
    The Maldonado crash wasn't his fault

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunch_Box)
    Can't tell who's worse?

Grosjean or Maldonado?
    Grosjean, easily, Maldonado improved a lot toward the end of last year, Grosjean just doesn't learn.

(Original post by humza100)
    The Maldonado crash wasn't his fault
    this^

ReputationRep:
    Driver of the day and weekend has to be Rosberg. Brilliantly driven race. He controlled the pace from the front and didn't caught out by the safety car restarts. I guess one could say his win was Vettel-esque. Its a shame Hamilton couldn't get the 1-2 for Merc though.

The race was great to watch. The racing was close and there were some great overtakes. Perez diving down the inside of Button was awesome. He got too greedy though and paid the price, but thats Monaco for you. You have to know your limits. It was great to see Hamilton driving aggressively behind Webber for a few laps too, almost getting past at Rascasse.

Grosjean. Grosjean, Grosjean, Grosjean. I don't know what to say really. He's got so much pace, but his awareness just isn't at the standard required for F1. Its almost as bad as the idiots racing in F1 games online. Its just silly the amount of incidents he's had this weekend. I'd put him back into GP2/FR 3.5 for a season so he can learn to respect other drivers on the track and replace him with Bianchi for the rest of the season.

Still, onwards to Montreal! These next two weeks are going to fly by though because of exams.. :/ Something to look forward to though!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=QxTgZzR2Tn0

Last 2 laps of Kimi's race!!! EPIC

ReputationRep:
    Kimi on Perez:

"Maybe we should hit him in the face" :rofl: on German TV.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea what happened to Alonso's pace? Why was he so slow? Or was he just being careful? The Massa crash(es) seemed abit strange. Surely something is up with the Ferrari. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr plumby)
    Does anyone have any idea what happened to Alonso's pace? Why was he so slow? Or was he just being careful? The Massa crash(es) seemed abit strange. Surely something is up with the Ferrari. :confused:
    on SSF1 they mentioned something about there being something stuck in part of his car or something I think

ReputationRep:
    Name:  BLNog5yCIAA70BB.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  38.7 KB

(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLNog5yCIAA70BB.jpg:large for larger version)

Looks like Mercedes and Pirelli could be in some deep doo-doo!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear Mercedes.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I just hope Ladbrokes don't take the 120 quid I won back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJam)

(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLNog5yCIAA70BB.jpg:large for larger version)

Looks like Mercedes and Pirelli could be in some deep doo-doo!
    ****.. This basically hinges on whether or not Pirelli or Merc can provide proof that every team was offered the opportunity to test.. The key word is offered. If Pirelli offered every team to test and only Merc said yes then there shouldn't be any problem.. I think.

"Pirelli have requested that in the past and nobody has supported them. So if those teams are aggrieved then perhaps they should look at that aspect."
    If what Ross Brawn said here is true, then perhaps it may count as Pirelli offering every team..?

The statement by the FIA is a little vague though, as it initally states teams should be offered the opportunity to test, but then goes on to say that such tests are conditional upon every team being given the same opportunity.. This latter part somewhat implies, at least to me anyway, that every team should get to actually test with Pirelli, and that an offer is not enough..

The saga continues.. :holmes:

(Original post by James A)
    I just hope Ladbrokes don't take the 120 quid I won back
    If any punishment is given, Rosberg won't have the win taken away, only Mercedes will be. So your money is safe. If Ladbrokes try to take it back, you probably have reason to stop them. But, I'm not a lawyer, so what do I know?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by F1Addict)
    ****.. This basically hinges on whether or not Pirelli or Merc can provide proof that every team was offered the opportunity to test.. The key word is offered. If Pirelli offered every team to test and only Merc said yes then there shouldn't be any problem.. I think.

"Pirelli have requested that in the past and nobody has supported them. So if those teams are aggrieved then perhaps they should look at that aspect."
    If what Ross Brawn said here is true, then perhaps it may count as Pirelli offering every team..?

The statement by the FIA is a little vague though, as it initally states teams should be offered the opportunity to test, but then goes on to say that such tests are conditional upon every team being given the same opportunity.. This latter part somewhat implies, at least to me anyway, that every team should get to actually test with Pirelli, and that an offer is not enough..

The saga continues.. :holmes:

If any punishment is given, Rosberg won't have the win taken away, only Mercedes will be. So your money is safe. If Ladbrokes try to take it back, you probably have reason to stop them. But, I'm not a lawyer so what do I know?
    The money is in my account so I can withdraw it now, hehehe.

I'll see if I can improve on my winnings and maybe I could put a pot towards the person who scores the most points for next weekend. I'll speak with Motorbiker about it.

Might be 20 quid I'll give away for that and I'm being dead serious. I'll send it via paypal.

Depends if I feel I can improve on my winnings though. Bagged 105 quid from a 30 quid bet :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    The money is in my account so I can withdraw it now, hehehe.

I'll see if I can improve on my winnings and maybe I could put a pot towards the person who scores the most points for next weekend. I'll speak with Motorbiker about it.

Might be 20 quid I'll give away for that and I'm being dead serious. I'll send it via paypal.

Depends if I feel I can improve on my winnings though. Bagged 105 quid from a 30 quid bet :teehee:
    Well, you've 'earned' the money so you should keep it, but if you want to give to someone as a prize then that's very generous of you. If you're allowed to do so, you should probably give it to the overall winner at the end of the season. Its not my money though, so its up to you.

ReputationRep:
    The FIA's message has 2 important points, the first being that all teams should be offered the test, and the second being that in the event of a test taking place it should be done by Pirelli (i.e. with their engineers, and their test drivers) not by Merc's own technicians and their 2 GP drivers. However surely the second point is virtually impossible to impose given that only Merc technicians can get the car going.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.