The Student Room Group

AQA FP1 Further Pure 1 17th May 2013 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Anyone has Aqa MM1b mark scheme for 2013? Would appreciate it, if someone uploaded it.
Original post by mathsRus
Anyone has Aqa MM1b mark scheme for 2013? Would appreciate it, if someone uploaded it.

Don't have a mark scheme but here is a group of YT vids on the answers: https://www.youtube.com/user/mathedup/search?query=m1+jan+2013
Reply 262
Original post by mathsRus

AQA MM1B Jan 2013 question paper and mark scheme attached
Reply 263
FP1 paper anyone?
How did you guys do in this exam? I somehow got 100 UMS... was not expecting it at all.
Original post by sohailkm96
How did you guys do in this exam? I somehow got 100 UMS... was not expecting it at all.

Congratulations on the full UMS!

I only got 92 UMS! :smile: I am really happy.

I hope AQA continues to create maths papers at this difficulty!
Original post by Sayonara
Congratulations on the full UMS!

I only got 92 UMS! :smile: I am really happy.

I hope AQA continues to create maths papers at this difficulty!

Nice one! I thought it was a really hard paper, really interesting as well, made me think for a lot after the paper, just annoyed I didn't think that in the actual paper but I still got full UMS so I'm really happy about it!

When I saw the grade boundaries I was relieved as I thought I got higher than 55 so I thought I got an A... jut didn't think I'd get full UMS XD

How did your other exams go?
Nice one! I thought it was a really hard paper, really interesting as well, made me think for a lot after the paper, just annoyed I didn't think that in the actual paper but I still got full UMS so I'm really happy about it!

When I saw the grade boundaries I was relieved as I thought I got higher than 55 so I thought I got an A... jut didn't think I'd get full UMS XD

How did your other exams go?

97 UMS for MM1B and MS1B. :smile:

I wonder how everyone did in the FP1 exam since the grade boundaries are so low.

Unfortunately, very bright people in my Further Maths class didn't achieve an A in FP1.
Original post by Sayonara
97 UMS for MM1B and MS1B. :smile:

I wonder how everyone did in the FP1 exam since the grade boundaries are so low.

Unfortunately, very bright people in my Further Maths class didn't achieve an A in FP1.

Very nice! I don't know what happened with my M1 I thought I did really well but apparently I made a couple of mistakes ~ 87 UMS in M1 and I did S1 in january and got 77 UMS (hate stats).

Yeah one of the cleverest people I know in my class got 60 Ums in Fp1, however there are 2 other people I suspect may have an A but I haven't talked to them yet...

I really wanna order my paper to see how I managed to get this XD
Reply 269

Same, I came out of the exam nearly in tears - it was the first time I had experienced a maths exam where I was working right up to the last minute. Usually I have plenty of time to check :P Amazingly 4 of us in our class of six got full UMS. Probably due to the boundaries being so low. Well done :biggrin:
Original post by Europa192
Same, I came out of the exam nearly in tears - it was the first time I had experienced a maths exam where I was working right up to the last minute. Usually I have plenty of time to check :P Amazingly 4 of us in our class of six got full UMS. Probably due to the boundaries being so low. Well done :biggrin:

Yeah when i came out of the exam I was like, "I went through hell and I survived..."

Niiiice, I only know what 4 people in my class of 8 got, 3 of them got Us and 1 got a C, need to find out if anyone else got an A or even full UMS. were you one of them who got full UMS? if so well done!

Yeahh it's 67 raw marks for an A, although I didn't think I had that much I thought I had around low 60s..
Reply 271
Yeah when i came out of the exam I was like, "I went through hell and I survived..."

Niiiice, I only know what 4 people in my class of 8 got, 3 of them got Us and 1 got a C, need to find out if anyone else got an A or even full UMS. were you one of them who got full UMS? if so well done!

Yeahh it's 67 raw marks for an A, although I didn't think I had that much I thought I had around low 60s..

Yeah I got full UMS :biggrin: Wasn't expecting that at all. Ah right, so the boundaries weren't that low then, you could only drop eight marks. :P

I got 100UMS as well, despite me not knowing how to do any of it at all and finding the exam really hard. I'm very thankful for low grade boundaries and the fact that I fluked the trig question.

I'm nowhere near the best in my FM class either, so I'm expecting that at least 2 other people got full UMS in my class.
Original post by Europa192
Yeah I got full UMS :biggrin: Wasn't expecting that at all. Ah right, so the boundaries weren't that low then, you could only drop eight marks. :P

Yeah neither was I, my other friend said that if he got 100 UMS in this exam and 0 Ums in all his others he'd be happy.. I was like ohh... well XD (he got a U btw) It's kind of low though, I mean you needed 55/75 for an A which should normally be a lowish B... I'm really glad the grade boundaries were low though, considering the past grade boundaries were around 64-67 for an A normally.

Original post by CJG21
I got 100UMS as well, despite me not knowing how to do any of it at all and finding the exam really hard. I'm very thankful for low grade boundaries and the fact that I fluked the trig question.

I'm nowhere near the best in my FM class either, so I'm expecting that at least 2 other people got full UMS in my class.

I think I fluked that question with the trig as well, i realised how to do it after the exam though. I know I did terrible on certain parts, such as that question about consecutive integers (didnt realise i wrote the answer down). But I just didn't think I got 100 UMS XD

Yeah I doubt Im near the best in my FM class I thought 3 other people might get As in FP1 at least, found out 1 just got a C and don't know about the others.
I got 100 ums in mm1b and ms1b, and 90 ums in fp1 - which I'm pleased with as I hadn't got an A in any of my past papers for fp1 (but had only done 4 past papers :rolleyes:)
Reply 275
I got full UMS and raw marks....made no mistake.....I thank God for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 276
I got 95 UMS and that's because I made a seriously stupid mistake. however I liked the paper. I like the type of maths papers that actually make you think and not simply regurgitate methods you learnt before. Hats off to AQA. Going to UCL now :smile:
Original post by don_ayo

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you find out your raw marks?
Reply 278
Original post by CJG21
How did you find out your raw marks?

I asked to see it; my school got it cos some students wanted a remark, so they also got d raw marks
Original post by don_ayo

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL you moist yute, thank me for letting you copy my paper ;P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending