Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

FOOD AND DRINK: The TSR McDonald's Munchie Championship! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Cheeseburger. All in all, probably my most ordered Mcdonalds product - always was the Happy Meal choice as a nipper!

ReputationRep:
    Big breakfast. It's an institution. The cheeseburger is just a hamburger with cheese, or a smaller qp with cheese, or even half a big mac! By no means is it distinguished.

ReputationRep:
    Cheeseburger. I do not trust McD's egg

ReputationRep:
    Cheesburger. I love the breakfast but it's far too fattening and the egg always tastes and feels strange.

ReputationRep:
    CHEESEBURGER WINS!

That's a sad, sad picture of a Cheeseburger, right there. But in reality, that's how ye get 'em!

I don't know why more people didn't vote in favour of Big Breakfast, personally. It's healthier than a McMuffin meal (oddly) and gives you the option of eating with comparative dignity from your regal polystyrene platter with knife and fork. I personally create a scrambled egg and sausage mcmuffin (better than the regular egg "disc") and eat my hash brown with the leftover eggs. I make sure to do this with my sceptre and crown donned, of course.

But hell, this isn't my competition. Well, it is MY competition, but I have no say IN it. So technically it's like having my cake but not eating it. Which is a tormenting thought.

ReputationRep:
    NEW HEAT!

TOFFEE SUNDAE battles the CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKE!

The Toffee Sundae is my absolute favourite McDonald's dessert option. There, laying that out there. While all the other desserts are obsessed with chocolate (with only the Strawberry Sundae and Sugar Ring Doughnut not containing SOME chocolate), the Toffee Sundae has a truly devilish deluge of thick, butterscotch caramel in there to satisfy the sweet freak. Oh, and it's up against something ELSE with chocolate in it.

*cough*.

I try to remain unbiased, of course.

ReputationRep:
    Sundae <3

ReputationRep:
    I never really order either but my favourite milkshakes are homemade or from Shakeaway, so I go for the Sundae!

ReputationRep:
    Milkshake

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chocoalte Milkshake, tis is the ultimate indulgence with my large extra value meal and 20 chicken nuggets at stupid am, toffee is an inferior flavour to the strawberry.

p.s. I think many people on here aren't that familiar with mcdonalds during breakfast hours, which makes sense since most visists are during the daytime. That would explain the complete lack of respect for the big breakfast at a paltry 2.50

ReputationRep:
    Never had either but the Sundae looks nice so I'll go for that.

As a side note, I would have voted for the breakfast over the cheeseburger.

ReputationRep:
    TOFFEE SUNDAE WINS!

Sometimes you'll just get a total toffee psycho who creates your sundae in the method above, where there's like a 1:1 toffee:mister whippy ratio. Diabetes ensues, and is SO WELCOME.

ReputationRep:
    NEW HEAT;

SAUSAGE EGG AND CHEESE BAGEL takes on ICE CREAM CONE WITH 99 FLAKE!

Two interesting facts; first up, the Sausage, Egg and Cheese bagel is the fattiest (though only second-most calorific) singular breakfast item that McDonalds does, and the Ice Cream Cone with 99 flake is still the only non-Cadbury's-made ice cream product endorsed wholly by Cadbury (and beyond that, is still 99p - something I can't say about my ice cream van these days!!)

But beyond that these two couldn't be more different. So it's just about which you love more! VOTE!

ReputationRep:
    If I ate meat, certainly the bagel :') Even though I don't, still the bagel.

ReputationRep:
    99 Flake. Not a fan of bagel bread.

ReputationRep:
    The bagel :sogood:, despite the fact that I love ice cream with a flake on it!

ReputationRep:
    Never understood the bagel. It has a hole in it, why? Im just getting less for my money and it's not doing the best job at holding in a proper filling! Weird texture too. Cone wins

ReputationRep:
    I went to McDonalds for the first time in over a year this morning (because of this thread actually) and had the sausage, egg and cheese bagel and it was really nice, so I'll vote for that. I prefer the texture of the egg in it to the egg they have in the McMuffin.

ReputationRep:
    Would usually prefer a bagel, but this one has meat in it & isn't an option, so my vote goes to the ice cream

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bagel looks nice. Mmm.
    You get my vote.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2013
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.