Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey im starting a BA Hons in Fashion and was wondering who else was staring in september, and also wanted to know if anybody is living in Unite accomoadation Park way Gate?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to be living at Victoria Point?

ReputationRep:
    Applied to MMU too..financial planning, services and management ..coming from Ireland and have never been to Manchester..what's it like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm starting in sept doing English Lit. My boyfriend will be in his second year at MMU we're gunna be living in Victoria Point. Manchester is amazing for going out, all his flatmates go out all the time and one is from Ireland too. Can't wait to get to freshers week! I'll be 20 when I start though so hopefully they'll be other people my age too

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to be doing this course at MMU?
    And are you staying there?

I am - Firmed it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say there'd be loads of people around your age. Do you have any idea what it's like for finding a job? Like would it be really difficult or how would it be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you look hard enough it should be okay, but you can work for the uni being an ambassador though you still get paid. It's just like finding any other job just gotta keep at it and start looking soon as you get there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing fashion and starting in September haven't chosen accommodation though - might be at Oxford court

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Accepted offer for Mechanical Engineering, applied for Cambridge halls Anyone else for engineering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syakub)
    Applied to MMU too..financial planning, services and management ..coming from Ireland and have never been to Manchester..what's it like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I live in manchester and chose to go to university here too.. Says it all. Has a good night life clubs and nice bars in northern quarter and many shops if you like shopping .. How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxElla93xX)
    Hi, I'm starting in sept doing English Lit. My boyfriend will be in his second year at MMU we're gunna be living in Victoria Point. Manchester is amazing for going out, all his flatmates go out all the time and one is from Ireland too. Can't wait to get to freshers week! I'll be 20 when I start though so hopefully they'll be other people my age too
    I think 2 of my friends will be loving in Victoria point they're both studying fashion too.. Yes im excited for freshers although im not sure the date it starts.. And im 21 now so dont worry about being 20 aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syakub)
    I'd say there'd be loads of people around your age. Do you have any idea what it's like for finding a job? Like would it be really difficult or how would it be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im not too sure about jobs in manchester.. I work at tkmaxx in stockport but am thinking of getting a new job in manchester as i dont think it will be worth coming home for every weekend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasminekasoma)
    I'm doing fashion and starting in September haven't chosen accommodation though - might be at Oxford court

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh cool how old are you? Where do you live? Is that accommodation with the uni?

ReputationRep:
    Hi , I am just finishing my first year of biomed. At MMU , it has been really good and really fun and is focused a lot of practicals and coursework, you get to spend a lot of time in labs x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for Public Relations + Digital Comms. 1st choice Cambridge, all three of my friends who're at MMU already said they'd wished they'd gone for Cambridge since it's the most social and has the most happening - just apparantly a bit messy! Can deal with that though, definitely want the whole uni experience. I only plan on doing it once!

ReputationRep:
    Heya .. I'm 21. Live in London. Yeah accommodation in Manchester halls

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Will be 20 here, in september. Studing Mechanical Engineering- Hopefully Cambridge halls

ReputationRep:
    Really looking forward to starting! Would be good to find out if anyone is living in Victoria point though. Up to now I havent heard of anyone!

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for International Fashion Promotion.

First choice Oxford Court, but not too sure what accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going in September to study law and hopefully staying in Cambridge halls

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.