Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Emsss)
    Hi Mr M
    On 3i) I wrote it in this order: 6000x^2 + 960x + 64 instead of '64 + 960x + 6000x^2
    Wil I lose any marks?

And on 4b i) when integrating I wrote -12x^-2 + k. And then put the x^2 on the bottom to make -12/x^2. + k. Will I still get all the marks for this?

So worried
    3i) It asks for the first three terms in ascending powers of x. You seem to have the last three terms in descending powers of x. As they are the same I expect you will get full marks.

4bi) that's fine
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by stevea)
    Hi Mr M,
    For 8cii, I managed to show that, but i did it a long winded way taking logs of 10 and then changing the base to 2 near the end, it was all clear working and managed to get the correct solution though, how many marks would i lose?
    If it was right then you get full marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    2) yes in some cases e.g. question 1 you will lose marks

The question paper says "Give non-exact numerical answers correct to 3 significant figures unless a different degree of accuracy is specified in the question or is clearly appropriate". They don't mind if you are more accurate than this.

9 part 2) drop 1

area) you *might* get a mark
    Thanks a lot, so just to clarify, I got full marks on question 2? AND finally for the 5 mark log question i made the two exponentials equal to each other and logged them, would I gain a mark?
    Sorry to be a pain,
    Many thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TSR29)
    Thanks a lot, so just to clarify, I got full marks on question 2? AND finally for the 5 mark log question i made the two exponentials equal to each other and logged them, would I gain a mark?
    Sorry to be a pain,
    Many thanks
    I don't know why I numbered that 2 but 1 d.p. would have been fine on question 2. Use 3 s.f. in the future.

and finally - yes 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    I don't know why I numbered that 2 but 1 d.p. would have been fine on question 2. Use 3 s.f. in the future.

and finally - yes 1 mark
    OK thanks a lot for your help

ReputationRep:
    So part 4)b)part 1) I got -6x^-4 + c and then used this answer for part 2. Assuming my working out for the second part was correct how many marks would I lose?

For 7 part 2 I found the tangent intergrated the two curves, put the values in and got 1.9. How many marks would I lose?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by dangermouse123)
    So part 4)b)part 1) I got -6x^-4 + c and then used this answer for part 2. Assuming my working out for the second part was correct how many marks would I lose?

For 7 part 2 I found the tangent intergrated the two curves, put the values in and got 1.9. How many marks would I lose?
    Gain no parts on 7ii) and 2 marks on 7iii) I expect

7ii) I don't think that is worth anything - 1 mark at most.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mr m

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries? Any guesses?

ReputationRep:
    For the 6 marker log question I did show my working until I got N was 17 but I was over thinking and carried on from this and wrote some rubbish underneath it involving the number 1800 and a wrote N was 2.6 or something as well. So I wrote the correct solution and the wrong one. I'm guessing marks would be deducted. How many marks you think I got /6 with the information provided above?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did that as well becuasei thought you had to use the 1800 so i used sum to inifnity

For 6(i) I made a very stupid mistake and put the amount at the 30th instance that would be used, rather than the sum of 30 instances.

I put down a and d, however. Would that net me a mark?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The_Blade)
    For the 6 marker log question I did show my working until I got N was 17 but I was over thinking and carried on from this and wrote some rubbish underneath it involving the number 1800 and a wrote N was 2.6 or something as well. So I wrote the correct solution and the wrong one. I'm guessing marks would be deducted. How many marks you think I got /6 with the information provided above?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You might only lose 1 mark if you are lucky.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Expert #7451)
    For 6(i) I made a very stupid mistake and put the amount at the 30th instance that would be used, rather than the sum of 30 instances.

I put down a and d, however. Would that net me a mark?
    yes 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    Hi, how many marks would i lose if i didnt put +k when intergrating?
    And also how many would i drop if i left my answer as 17.2 instead of 17?
    Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by aran0909)
    Hi, how many marks would i lose if i didnt put +k when intergrating?
    And also how many would i drop if i left my answer as 17.2 instead of 17?
    Thanks
    drop 1 and drop 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    drop 1 and drop 1
    would i drop one on each question where i didnt put +k?
    also for 4ii) how many marks would i drop if i put -2?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    For the last question, i wrote an extra solution of 2pi, would i lose a mark? How many marks would i lose for doing the correct working but using the wrong value of x in question 7? (the area between curve and tangent)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by aran0909)
    would i drop one on each question where i didnt put +k?
    also for 4ii) how many marks would i drop if i put -2?
    Thanks
    Probably just lose 1 mark in total for missing + k

Drop 1 mark for -2
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by roar96)
    For the last question, i wrote an extra solution of 2pi, would i lose a mark? How many marks would i lose for doing the correct working but using the wrong value of x in question 7? (the area between curve and tangent)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    drop 1 for the extra solution

what do you mean by "using the wrong value of x"?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.