The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blobar
Prettty sure there was 25 numbers in the data set.

there was deffo 25.:smile:
Reply 261
Original post by tumblrgirl
there was deffo 25.:smile:

agreed
Reply 262
what did people get for the very last probability question? did u get a standard form answer?
Reply 263
Original post by Mahinder
and for cumlative graph it was a total of 200

to get median 200/2 = 100 using the graph 100 = 3.5
q1 was 50
q3 was 150
iqr = 100

using grpah 100 =3.5
so u should of got the same median and iqr r the same

Wrong sir, you are calculating for q1 the actual value of the 50th data set and same for q3 so the iqr was like 0.7 or something like that.
Reply 264
Original post by juniorx
This is hard to explain so bear with me. i calculated the probability of getting the combination of part 1 3 times and the 4th probability is not 2 women and man not getting the prizes. Then i think there are 4 ways of arranging it and added this to the proability of the prizes being awarded 4 times. I did this because i think it asked for the probability of more or equal to 3 and it said there were 4 events

Yeah I understood soon after you stated your answer, any ideas how much that question was worth, 3 marks?
Reply 265
Original post by juniorx
This is hard to explain so bear with me. i calculated the probability of getting the combination of part 1 3 times and the 4th probability is not 2 women and man not getting the prizes. Then i think there are 4 ways of arranging it and added this to the proability of the prizes being awarded 4 times. I did this because i think it asked for the probability of more or equal to 3 and it said there were 4 events

if someone else did something like this please try and explain it better than me :colondollar:
Reply 266
Original post by naman
what did people get for the very last probability question? did u get a standard form answer?

Yes it was 5.6425*10^-3
Reply 267
Original post by Blobar
Yeah I understood soon after you stated your answer, any ideas how much that question was worth, 3 marks?

i think it was 4. I'm not sure:s-smilie:
Reply 268
Original post by juniorx
i think it was 4. I'm not sure:s-smilie:

Yikes :P, nvm probably the only one I messed up in then. Although the asking for a reason questions I hate so very much what did you write for should the outlier be counted for the baby one.
Reply 269
yes sorry there was 25 numbers ... so it would be the 19th value for q3 and the 7th number for q1 anyone got the same ?
Reply 270
Original post by Blobar
Yes it was 5.2645*10^-3

5.62. I'm really hoping i put a 6 instead of an 8:frown:
Reply 271
Original post by juniorx
5.62. I'm really hoping i put a 6 instead of an 8:frown:

Yeah it was 5.6 too many numbers to remember :smile:
Reply 272
Original post by Blobar
Yikes :P, nvm probably the only one I messed up in then. Although the asking for a reason questions I hate so very much what did you write for should the outlier be counted for the baby one.

aah yes. I think i might have waffled a bit with that
Reply 273
so if i am wrong in the cumulative iqr part i still get a mark or two for calculating q1 and q3 and writing the formula for iqr ?
Original post by Blobar

i put to count it and waffled a bit, not really sure what i should have put:K:
Reply 275
i think the only place i lost marks is for putting 5.82 instead of 5.62x10^-3 and calculating the first iqr where i didn't add 1 to 25. If so, I'm hoping thats less than 5 marks in total?
Reply 276
so if i am wrong in the cumulative iqr part i still get a mark or two for calculating q1 and q3 and writing the formula for iqr ?

Couldn't say mate, sometimes they give it sometimes they dont. In this case probably not.
Reply 277
Original post by juniorx
i think the only place i lost marks is for putting 5.82 instead of 5.62x10^-3 and calculating the first iqr where i didn't add 1 to 25. If so, I'm hoping thats less than 5 marks in total?

Well last question was 4, dont know how much you'd get penalised for your 2nd error.
Reply 278
yes sorry there was 25 numbers ... so it would be the 19th value for q3 and the 7th number for q1 anyone got the same ?

Erm, I think I put the 6.5th value and the 19.5th value :/
Reply 279
Original post by Jojo_555
Erm, I think I put the 6.5th value and the 19.5th value :/

Yep thats right.

Latest

Trending

Trending