Turn on thread page Beta

FOOD AND DRINK: The TSR Blast From the Past Championship Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    BIRSDEYE KETCHIPS WIN THE FIGHT!

Chip-croquette hybrids to start with, which is pretty unique... but then to inject them... with a CORE OF KETCHUP?! EPIC!!

Though those of us that remember will recall the utter pain and frustration of wanting to eat them right from the oven. PAINFUL MOLTEN SAUCE DEATH.

ReputationRep:
    NEW HEAT!

NESTLE ALL-STARS versus CADBURY YOWIE!

Two "me-too" products this time, but not shamefully copypastatastic qualities. For example, the Nestle All-Stars MIGHT have been the Nestle version of Mars Celebrations or Cadbury Heroes (with mini Lions, Kitkats and Smartie packs to name but a few), and the Yowie was the Cadbury "Kinder Surprise", with each chocolate Yowie having a mini plastic Yowie beastie within him (...or her...? Is it... pregnant with a babie Yowie?!)

But it's your call, TSR!

ReputationRep:
    I'd go with the Yowie. It was probably rather overpriced, but if I was offered one of the two I would pick the Yowie because I would only like half of the Allstars.

ReputationRep:
    Nestle All Stars! I have a fascination with mini versions of chocolate favourites

ReputationRep:
    The All Stars were just mini versions of bars you can already buy, so I'm going with Yowie

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nestle All Stars

ReputationRep:
    Yowie. I don't see me winning this, but miniatures are the big ones just small, but Yowies are original

ReputationRep:
    From the image I see that the all stars had Lions in them, therefore they can have my vote!

ReputationRep:
    Yowie

ReputationRep:
    Yowie because I'd much rather have celebrations, heroes etc than all stars

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All stars! I likes me a selection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissDavies)
    I'd go with the Yowie. It was probably rather overpriced, but if I was offered one of the two I would pick the Yowie because I would only like half of the Allstars.
    I agree with much of this. I'm voting for the Yowie because I know that I would have liked all of it, whereas with the All-Stars, I think there would have been quite a few in the selection that I would have either disliked or felt indifferent about, as is often the case when I have a whole Celebrations or Heroes box to myself.

ReputationRep:
    CADBURY YOWIE WINS THE FIGHT.

A closer battle this time, but no amount of mini Kit Kats, Lions, Rolos and Smarties could stand up the the monstrous maw of YOWIE POWER!

ReputationRep:
    HERE'S A NEW HEAT!

ONKEN FRUFOO YOGHURTS versus CADBURY FLAKE SNOW!

What a sweet battle!! I love it. Frufoo - who can remember such an amazing treat? A thick, almost super-dense strawberry yoghurt in a doughnut-shaped pot, and in the centre, a cute wee build-up toy? And who can forget the dichotomy, the marriage, of Cadbury Milk Chocolate and a core of Cadbury Dream flake?!

Two treats that are gone forever, but at least have the chance to be our Blast From the Past Champion here on TSR - but which gets the chance?

ReputationRep:
    Flake snow!

Combination of flake and white chocolate? There is not much better :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I'd forgotten about Frufoo yoghurts! But these were so good...although was it just me or did they have a really odd taste to them?? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Flake snow. they were so good!

ReputationRep:
    Flake snow for me! So crumbly and Christmassy

ReputationRep:
    Flake Snow

ReputationRep:
    I did like Frufoo yoghurts, but I just have to vote for Flake Snow. Whenever white chocolate is mentioned in this thread, my facial expression usually becomes like this: :teeth:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.