Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffron-Coyle)
    I'm in stockwell hall flat 24. what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im in Flat 052, Room 001, Gordon Hall, Lancaster complex Hun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaquelleSade)
    I have been accepted for social work, don't know anyone on my course yet :/
    I got accepted for BA Social work too

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when freshers week 2013 starts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abigailxox)
    Does anyone know when freshers week 2013 starts?
    I think its from 15th/16th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaabi1995)
    I got to the Uni, since I applied for early accommodation.. and I wanted to go for the Orientation day thing, but sadly it was full, didn't know I had to register before!!!
    oh :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abubakar261)
    Although, I am not studying history but I heard quite a lot of people are so your not alone :P
    That's good to know I guess I'll see when I get there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donna2)
    That's good to know I guess I'll see when I get there
    sure is!!

ReputationRep:
    campus is so dead today..

Its the calm before the storm - no one is really here..

But tommorow, all hell breaks loose when all of you get here!

Hope your all excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    campus is so dead today..

Its the calm before the storm - no one is really here..

But tommorow, all hell breaks loose when all of you get here!

Hope your all excited!
    not many people are moving in today , I went a week ago to check around and it was empty but tomorrow it will be packed. btw what time do we have to go for registration?

ReputationRep:
    not many people are moving in today , I went a week ago to check around and it was empty but tomorrow it will be packed. btw what time do we have to go for registration?
    I honeslty dont know - but tommorow the whole campus will be filled with buddies, and mentors, and student support people - any of whome will be able to tell you..

In my first year it was 10-6 if I remember correctly, and you just showed up, and had to que for about 45 mins..

ReputationRep:
    I honeslty dont know - but tommorow the whole campus will be filled with buddies, and mentors, and student support people - any of whome will be able to tell you..

In my first year it was 10-6 if I remember correctly, and you just showed up, and had to que for about 45 mins..
    que for 45 mins? thats loong but anyways thanks

edit: btw I am staying at home, so won't be able to ask the mentors lol

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if you can you buy tickets for the freshers week on the registration day? or do you have to buy them online now?

ReputationRep:
    que for 45 mins? thats loong but anyways thanks

edit: btw I am staying at home, so won't be able to ask the mentors lol
    - on freshers week the 'mentor' people, or 'contacts' as I think they are called, will be all over capus - litterally swarming the place.. so just walk up to one and ask, if you have a question

+ 45 mins was a pain, others had to wait a few hours though.. and some no time at all, depends what time of day you go, and which day, as you can register all week (though best get it done early)

does anyone know if you can you buy tickets for the freshers week on the registration day? or do you have to buy them online now?
    You can by them in person - there will always be an allocation of tickets to be sold not-online.. just go to the ticket-office, in the atrium, any day before the events and you will be able to buy them.. (although there may be ques, as these are the (for obvious reasons) most popular and busy events of the year... they also do sell out -- first event is free though, and doesnt need a ticket )

(look on your campus map for the atrium, its on the main-walkway, the big indoor bit, inbetween locos(student pub/bar) and academy (student club) - also next to subway, and it has stairs going up to the hub(actually I think theyve renamed it.. but its another bar) -- the ticket office, is at the back of the atrium, behind the stairs.

ReputationRep:
    - on freshers week the 'mentor' people, or 'contacts' as I think they are called, will be all over capus - litterally swarming the place.. so just walk up to one and ask, if you have a question

+ 45 mins was a pain, others had to wait a few hours though.. and some no time at all, depends what time of day you go, and which day, as you can register all week (though best get it done early)

You can by them in person - there will always be an allocation of tickets to be sold not-online.. just go to the ticket-office, in the atrium, any day before the events and you will be able to buy them.. (although there may be ques, as these are the (for obvious reasons) most popular and busy events of the year... they also do sell out -- first event is free though, and doesnt need a ticket )

(look on your campus map for the atrium, its on the main-walkway, the big indoor bit, inbetween locos(student pub/bar) and academy (student club) - also next to subway, and it has stairs going up to the hub(actually I think theyve renamed it.. but its another bar) -- the ticket office, is at the back of the atrium, behind the stairs.

Which event is the free one? and also, is it worth going to the paid events.

ReputationRep:
    Which event is the free one? and also, is it worth going to the paid events.
    the 'welcome party' on sunday night, is free- and no ticket.

It will be packed though, the busiest youl ever see the club - its the first night of freshers, busiest day of arivals, and its free..

To be honest, if your not buying tickets, go along to that, see if you like them.. and then make up your mind after..

Pesronally I dont really like clubs, so I wouldnt, - but if thats your thing, then yeah I guess its worth it

ReputationRep:
    the 'welcome party' on sunday night, is free- and no ticket.

It will be packed though, the busiest youl ever see the club - its the first night of freshers, busiest day of arivals, and its free..

To be honest, if your not buying tickets, go along to that, see if you like them.. and then make up your mind after..

Pesronally I dont really like clubs, so I wouldnt, - but if thats your thing, then yeah I guess its worth it
    I also don't like partying much unless its worth it or there is a point to it. btw, do you know what else I need to print and take with me to the registration apart from "Provisional registration document"?

ReputationRep:
    I also don't like partying much unless its worth it or there is a point to it. btw, do you know what else I need to print and take with me to the registration apart from "Provisional registration document"?
    have you read through this:

http://www.brunel.ac.uk/courses/ug/a...istration-faqs

- I dont know any more then is on that page, as its 3 years since I did mine, and things may have changed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abigailxox)
    I got accepted for BA Social work too
    Woo, finally found someone on my course haha! You living on campus?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if I will be able to print out the accommodation agreement when I get the uni tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adeleranganathan)
    Does anyone know if I will be able to print out the accommodation agreement when I get the uni tomorrow?
    umm, no. probably not...

To use the printers in the library, you need your student card - and to get that you have to register, which you probably will do after getting your accomodation sorted..

That said, there are other places on campus that may help you - if you really cant do it at home, then go into student services (by the library) or just the accomodation office, and ask them - they will have printers, and if you ask nicely, they may help you out..

Or, other option, if you really need it printed - grab hold of one of the 'contacts' they will be all over the place, and are there to help you - get one of them to take you into the library, and get it printed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.