Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lottielonglegs87)
    Hi everyone, my name's Lottie I'm a mature student,

I've applied for O T this year.... only to two uni's....Southampton & Bournemouth.
    I got a no from SH but have not heard a PEEP from Bournemouth!! I did apply of course before the deadline!!

It's driving me mad, just wondered if anyone was in the same boat at all?

x
    I applied to both and got rejected from both. Bournemouth I heard nothing until about end of March time. I did phone up about a week before asking when am I likely to hear and they did say everyone will hear something soon! I'd phone if I were you?!

Also, has anyone else been rejected from ALL of their choices and now in extra?! Or am I the only unfortunate one haha!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sarah,

I'm sorry to hear that, are you going to apply next year?

I'm not massively hopeful for Bournemouth as I'd of thought they would of done all their interviews by now.
    I know it sounds incredibly negative but just trying to be realistic as well.
    Will give them a ring on Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    I've put an application in for brunel through extra and will be applying to anywhere with places through extra then clearing if brunel also reject me. Otherwise yes will apply again next year as a very last resort (somewhere will take me this year!!!!).

Don't give up hope yet for Bournemouth I've heard sometimes when you're on a maybe pile they decide right at the end of when ucas asks them to reply by (which is may 8th, so this Thursday coming). I'd also have thought all interviews would be done by now also, however as a mature student perhaps you have enough experience to be able to get an offer without interview? Hope you get a positive answer on Tuesday when you phone remember there is extra and clearing if you are able to relocate for uni though

ReputationRep:
    I find it hard to offer you positive news. I've had an interview and received an offer from Bournemouth.
    I also received a straight-out rejection from Southampton...
    I wish you the best of luck and empathise with how you must be feeling

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm taking the approach of what will be will be atm. I will of course be gutted if it's a straight out no, but perhaps there is a reason I haven't got in this time.
    Thanks for the advice etc though, will keep you posted & wishing you both the best of luck with everything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahm92)
    I've put an application in for brunel through extra and will be applying to anywhere with places through extra then clearing if brunel also reject me. Otherwise yes will apply again next year as a very last resort (somewhere will take me this year!!!!)
    Hey

Im pretty sure brunel will take u... a few people tht got places have actually dropped brunel for their first choices .. so there is definitely a place!!!

goodluck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was in Bournemouths last interview,so i was told. I didnt make it i have got Bristol though and am going to see how it goes there as they seemed lovely. I had my hopes on Bournemouth as i love the place and my gf lives there x

ReputationRep:
    Facebook group for occupational therapy 2014 applicants

https://www.facebook.com/groups/505377992865351/

ReputationRep:
    Anyone a confirmed offer for BSc Occupational Therapy 2014 London South Bank Uni? Can't wait to start!!

ReputationRep:
    Do you need to have a B in maths GCSE to study occupational therapy at Liverpool Uni, or do they consider a C in maths?

ReputationRep:
    So i've just had an exam that went terribly wrong! This has led me to believe I will not get into the uni that I want. I was just wondering if anyone knew any unis that have previously or will be offering occupational therapy through clearing.
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissFiifi)
    So i've just had an exam that went terribly wrong! This has led me to believe I will not get into the uni that I want. I was just wondering if anyone knew any unis that have previously or will be offering occupational therapy through clearing.
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am in a similar position as you! I applied for Bsc psychology and got alll 5 offers. However, recently I have been researching about OT and i really want to do it at university, it is my dream career!! I am therefore hoping that at least a couple of unis will offer OT through clearing - Southampton would be the dream uni! I am also worried that i don't have any work experience in that field but will try to get it during the summer. Do you think that will impact my application? Also i was thinking about emailing some unis about clearing not sure if its a good idea but i have nothing to loose really :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akastudent)
    I am in a similar position as you! I applied for Bsc psychology and got alll 5 offers. However, recently I have been researching about OT and i really want to do it at university, it is my dream career!! I am therefore hoping that at least a couple of unis will offer OT through clearing - Southampton would be the dream uni! I am also worried that i don't have any work experience in that field but will try to get it during the summer. Do you think that will impact my application? Also i was thinking about emailing some unis about clearing not sure if its a good idea but i have nothing to loose really :/
    Hey! Honestly if you're able to get any experience in the field then do so. I had ZERO experience with an OT besides what the internet taught me but i linked everything else I did back to OT. Tbh just email like you've said you have nothing to loose. I may also do the same because I really can't see myself picking any other course through clearing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashmgson*1)
    Anyone a confirmed offer for BSc Occupational Therapy 2014 London South Bank Uni? Can't wait to start!!
    hey i'll be doing ot at lsbu!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    Congratulations to those of you who got offers and are probably packing for university as we speak.
    Sorry to be a pain but I was wondering if you guys were willing to answer some of my questions, I am applying for Occupational Therapy for September 2015 entry at UWE, Southampton, Cardiff, Plymouth and Bournemouth. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these unis and their opinion of them? I was also wondering whether anyone had any advice on applications, interviews (especially) or the Occupational Therapy course in general. I have more questions, but I'll leave it at that for now haha. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you so much and well done to all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouieSax)
    Hey guys
    Congratulations to those of you who got offers and are probably packing for university as we speak.
    Sorry to be a pain but I was wondering if you guys were willing to answer some of my questions, I am applying for Occupational Therapy for September 2015 entry at UWE, Southampton, Cardiff, Plymouth and Bournemouth. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these unis and their opinion of them? I was also wondering whether anyone had any advice on applications, interviews (especially) or the Occupational Therapy course in general. I have more questions, but I'll leave it at that for now haha. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you so much and well done to all
    Hi there, you're applying to the exact same 5 unis I applied to for this year, so I would assume you live somewhere near ish as they were my 5 closest. Unfortunately I did not get into any of those 5 though. I only had interviews at Cardiff and Bristol. Cardiff was my first interview and I really didn't like the feel of the place as it was at the hospital which wasn't all that nice and I didn't feel all that welcomed, however this may have just been nerves making me feel so negative! Bristol I absolutely loved, the grounds were attractive and the staff were all very welcoming and I wouldn't have thought twice about accepting an offer.

I'm sorry this doesn't give you a lot of info, I am actually starting at Worcester next week as they accepted me in extra. For me, just getting a place and knowing I am going to be an OT is good enough after being knocked down.

My personal statement wasn't as strong as others or my interviews, I've heard a lot of people getting offers from a number of their 5 choices. The only feedback I was given was that my application/interview was not as strong as others which didn't help me for other applications and interviews. Hopefully others will message you with tips!

Finally, good luck! You can get a place if you put your mind to it, even if it's your 7th or 8th choice! If you ever feel like giving up, don't. I'm sure I was just an unlucky one though, didn't find many others with no offers after their 5 original choices. Best of luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahm92)
    Hi there, you're applying to the exact same 5 unis I applied to for this year, so I would assume you live somewhere near ish as they were my 5 closest. Unfortunately I did not get into any of those 5 though. I only had interviews at Cardiff and Bristol. Cardiff was my first interview and I really didn't like the feel of the place as it was at the hospital which wasn't all that nice and I didn't feel all that welcomed, however this may have just been nerves making me feel so negative! Bristol I absolutely loved, the grounds were attractive and the staff were all very welcoming and I wouldn't have thought twice about accepting an offer.

I'm sorry this doesn't give you a lot of info, I am actually starting at Worcester next week as they accepted me in extra. For me, just getting a place and knowing I am going to be an OT is good enough after being knocked down.

My personal statement wasn't as strong as others or my interviews, I've heard a lot of people getting offers from a number of their 5 choices. The only feedback I was given was that my application/interview was not as strong as others which didn't help me for other applications and interviews. Hopefully others will message you with tips!

Finally, good luck! You can get a place if you put your mind to it, even if it's your 7th or 8th choice! If you ever feel like giving up, don't. I'm sure I was just an unlucky one though, didn't find many others with no offers after their 5 original choices. Best of luck x
    OK thanks you so much, this was an absolute huge help! I really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I applied to UWE and Cardiff amongst others and was fortunate enough to be offered a place at both. I chose UWE and am starting there next week. I loved UWE when I visited for the open day (well worth visiting early as they do a course specific talk with lots of useful information including what they are looking for in students, amongst other things) and the interview day. It's a personal thing, but everything appealed to me - the campus is pretty, the tutors friendly and current students had good things to say.

If you are interested in Cardiff I would suggest getting to an open day. I wasn't able to due to other commitments, and unlike the other 3 uni's I had interviews at, then interview day did not include any course information, any chance to look around the campus or facilities and no chance to talk to current students or tutors. It was interview then leave. I didn't find it very welcoming and just didn't get a good feel there. The one open day I could have attended only had a self-guided tour of the Heath campus (where OT is based) so it didn't seem worth the effort as I wanted to speak to people, not just look at buildings.

Don't rely on what others say though, get to open days as early as you can and get a feel for where you like. All the best

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.