Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audio123)
    I'm a student.. to be honest I'm not sure.. maybe with the aqp.. yes in private you'd probably be earning 30+ I met an audiologist from amplifon earning 40+ so it's all about how well you sell I guess. Hope that helps
    Hi, do you know if there's a good pension, like there is in teaching?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student23478)
    Is that exam straight after UNI? Or do you have a full year of training then the exam?
    Also have you got a personal statement i could look at please? Need some ideas! Thanks😃

ReputationRep:
    The exam is straight after university after you graduate, not a year extra just a month or two, some companies like Specksavers do pay for the private exam and then train you up.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry I have no idea about pension im afraid

ReputationRep:
    I don't think im allowed to show you all my PS, however which parts e.g. Intro, Conclusion, main body would you need ideas for? I could show you parts if that'd help?

ReputationRep:
    **Sorry guys im new to student room and my replies are all over the place**

ReputationRep:
    **Sorry guys im new to student room and my replies are all over the place**
    Don't worry it's great to have advice from someone in Audiology, as there aren't many out there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    bibliboo No problem, I know Audiology students are quite difficult to find... We seem to hide quite well.

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha all things being well, come next September, I'll know all the secret hiding places!
    And I may expose them on here hee hee.:p:D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Which university do you want to go to? The hiding places are probably placement for us guys.. placement takes over your life as a Audiology student!

ReputationRep:
    Either Leeds or Manchester, they seem nearest for me, don't fancy living away from my wife and kids.

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest Leeds, but if Manchester is closer to you then that is understandable.. With Leeds you can sort of choose where you want to be for placement which would be better for you as a farther as you can choose somewhere closer to home so you can spend more time with the children and the wife. Leeds takes lots of things into account and doesn't just fling you where they please.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I have got unconditional offer for BSc Healthcare Science (Audiology) at Leeds and an offer for MSc Audiology at Manchester (as I have already done a science degree). Now I am quite confused. MSc audiology does not guarantee any clinical placement after completion, which is necessary to register as an audiologist.

Can Audio 123 or anybody else guide me, which way should I go?

I am not clear about career path after MSc audiology, as well.

Any proper guidance would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest Leeds, but if Manchester is closer to you then that is understandable.. With Leeds you can sort of choose where you want to be for placement which would be better for you as a farther as you can choose somewhere closer to home so you can spend more time with the children and the wife. Leeds takes lots of things into account and doesn't just fling you where they please.

Hey guys,

I have got unconditional offer for BSc Healthcare Science (Audiology) at Leeds and an offer for MSc Audiology at Manchester (as I have already done a science degree). Now I am quite confused. MSc audiology does not guarantee any clinical placement after completion, which is necessary to register as an audiologist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afrasco)
    Hey guys,

My confusion is that since you already did a science degree why not apply for stp in audiology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alumna)
    My confusion is that since you already did a science degree why not apply for stp in audiology?
    To be honest, never knew or thought about that.

I have checked it now and am not clear whether they would consider my degree as a relevant for STP in audiology.

ReputationRep:
    Hello I want to know if there is reading list

??
    (Original post by mammacita)
    If all else fails i would take the risk of like rejecting everyfn u have offers for and den see if there is space thru clearing to gain entry

I do know at speaksavers its a fixed salary of 21000 (the same as nhs) plus the bonus depending on how much you sell... at Amplifon its also fixed around 20000 plus the bonus.. at boots I believe it's about 18000 plus quite a big bonus per hearing aid you sell... you've got to also consider that all the companies take their cut too and give you may be around 15-20% of the sale. .. I hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afrasco)
    To be honest, never knew or thought about that.

I have checked it now and am not clear whether they would consider my degree as a relevant for STP in audiology.
    Hi Alumna,

I read your previous post which is not on this page now.

Thanks for your guidance. I would definitely contact them about STP (may be in neuroscience)

I am making up my mind to leave MSc and pursue BSc Honours now

ReputationRep:
    Hi Afrasco,

The stp programme is incredibly competitive to get onto and is short for scientist training programme although it is a paid masters I would recommend the bsc if you would like a guaranted placement and a job at the end of the 3 years its a great training degree and sure does provide you with all the experience you will require to finally register as a qualified audiologist.

I hope this helps and I'm so sorry for the late reply I've been incredibly busy on placement

ReputationRep:
    Hi Audio 123

Thanks for your neutral and comprehensive advice. To be honest, I was waiting to hear from you, but never mind.

In the meantime, I have also got confirm offer for BSc from Univ of Manchester, so now probably would finalize it as I live in Manchester.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.