Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amparker4)
    Ah okay, that sounds alright then! i have applied for Birley because its all new so i thought that would be nice, and accommodation too. What accommodation are you looking at? I have chosen the global warming and sustainability question, did any others choose it?
    I thought about the birley fields one, but I live in manchester and I really want to move out, but if I went there it would be pointless moving out haha so I applied to Cheshire but I've declined my offer as I really want to go to sheffield hallam and York at John is my insurance where else have you applied? And no one in my group chose that one, a couple picked the same as me, some picked the one on sports and the arts in the curriculum and some picked the gender of teacher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katie_elizabeth)
    I thought about the birley fields one, but I live in manchester and I really want to move out, but if I went there it would be pointless moving out haha so I applied to Cheshire but I've declined my offer as I really want to go to sheffield hallam and York at John is my insurance where else have you applied? And no one in my group chose that one, a couple picked the same as me, some picked the one on sports and the arts in the curriculum and some picked the gender of teacher
    aw that sucks! i am from Norfolk so i would be staying there so i chose the nice apartments I also applied for S. Hallam but haven't heard back yet. Manchester is first, and Reading second hopefully.

Were there any boys because i know its highly popular for females isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amparker4)
    aw that sucks! i am from Norfolk so i would be staying there so i chose the nice apartments I also applied for S. Hallam but haven't heard back yet. Manchester is first, and Reading second hopefully.

Were there any boys because i know its highly popular for females isn't it?
    I applied to mmu, sheffield hallam and York at John, made sheffield my firm and York my insurance and yeah there were a few lads there but not many, one was in my group, i think they try to spread them out haha

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed mmu!

ReputationRep:
    So are you going there then? Have you had your interview ?

ReputationRep:
    BA in International Fashion Promotion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BekahLouiseL)
    I am.. Going to be studying International Fashion Promotion! I only live 25 mins from Manchester, so haven't decided if I'm going to live at home or rent somewhere in Manchester city yet.. What about you?
    I have also applied to study International fashion Promotion. I live about 4 hours awayso i am going to go into accomodation plus the nightlife is AMAZING!

ReputationRep:
    Thought about briarfields hall but I read on here somewhere that it's for people in health and social and doing them type of related course
    I would like to be with arty people since my course is art based, is Oxford court a good shout?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenatlantic)
    Thought about briarfields hall but I read on here somewhere that it's for people in health and social and doing them type of related course
    I would like to be with arty people since my course is art based, is Oxford court a good shout?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here and my course will be in the Manchester school of art! Don't know which accommodation to go in I looked at Oxford court at the open day and it was so small, I don't know whether they are all like that but I got way to claustrophobic in there!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else looking to do primary education at the birley fields campus, and the birley fields accomodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No matter what your course, you can choose any accommodation, with priority given to those that do not live within 25 miles of the university.

Luckily for me, I'm 25.826 miles away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_L_E)
    Same here and my course will be in the Manchester school of art! Don't know which accommodation to go in I looked at Oxford court at the open day and it was so small, I don't know whether they are all like that but I got way to claustrophobic in there!
    Well judging on that might have to go with briarfields then, I'm just worried about the flat size

(Original post by Raawwwwrrr!)
    No matter what your course, you can choose any accommodation, with priority given to those that do not live within 25 miles of the university.

Luckily for me, I'm 25.826 miles away
    Oh aye I know this I just wanted to choose the accommodation that art students might go for
    Hah get you!

ReputationRep:
    Well judging on that might have to go with briarfields then, I'm just worried about the flat size
    Me too! However I have my applicant day on Wednesday so will be looking at accommodation then so hopefully that will help

ReputationRep:
    im applying for year 2 filmmaking, anyone know if it is actually good for this? a friend told me it was and thats what i based my application on :L

ReputationRep:
    Most people I know that are going to do arty subjects are staying at home so I am beginning to wonder about the people I'll be living with, I hope at least one will be going to the school of art! Ive only looked at going to victoria halls (hopefully!) Or oxford court!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_L_E)
    Me too! However I have my applicant day on Wednesday so will be looking at accommodation then so hopefully that will help
    I can't make the applicant day unfortunately
    However I've already had a look round on open day, Cambridge halls isn't for me I'd like to have my own loo

ReputationRep:
    I can't make the applicant day unfortunately
    However I've already had a look round on open day, Cambridge halls isn't for me I'd like to have my own loo
    Same! I'm definitely having an en suite!!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=leanne1996;46481730]Anyone else looking to do primary education at the birley fields campus, and the birley fields accomodation?

i am! i had my interview on monday so just waiting to hear if i got a place

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=johnseager18;46533889]
    (Original post by leanne1996)
    Anyone else looking to do primary education at the birley fields campus, and the birley fields accomodation?

i am! i had my interview on monday so just waiting to hear if i got a place
    Hey! i have my interview today and am hoping to go to Birley fields accomd and campus!! how did you interviews go? what questions did you pick? is it your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Just accepted Education Studies as my firm choice!! Anyone else?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 16, 2014

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.