Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kokes)
    Wow, that's a tough decision to make! Good luck with the Graduate Institute in Geneva and let me know if you do decide to accept the LSE offer so I can look out for you later this year!
    Great I definitely will message you if I accept the offer it will great to know at least one person in the program already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alchyna)
    Finally I got the email! Unconditional offer in Development Management and they actually are giving me money! I'm so happy and relieved!
    Congratulations!

I am an applicant to the MSc Development Studies, and have selected MSc Humanitarian Emergencies and International Development as my backup. Right now my application status is "Under review by department" I am hoping to hear something by Mid March.

I am also filling out a financial aid application in order to hopefully get some help paying the overseas tuition ( if I am accepted of course). Did your letter of acceptance come with something stating they were giving you some money, or did that come later? I ask because I have been accepted to UCL, Kings, and hopefully LSE. Part of my determining where to firm will be the amount of aid given me.

Any advice you can provide would be appreciated. Congratulations again

ReputationRep:
    Finally I got the email! Unconditional offer in Development Management and they actually are giving me money! I'm so happy and relieved!

Congrats - I applied end of January - Do you know how long does the geography and environment takes on average?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrmajestyk)
    Congratulations!

I am an applicant to the MSc Development Studies, and have selected MSc Humanitarian Emergencies and International Development as my backup. Right now my application status is "Under review by department" I am hoping to hear something by Mid March.

I am also filling out a financial aid application in order to hopefully get some help paying the overseas tuition ( if I am accepted of course). Did your letter of acceptance come with something stating they were giving you some money, or did that come later? I ask because I have been accepted to UCL, Kings, and hopefully LSE. Part of my determining where to firm will be the amount of aid given me.

Any advice you can provide would be appreciated. Congratulations again
    Thank you!!

I am also an overseas student and did not expect to get anything for that reason, but I was quite happy to find out we are also considered for financial help. They gave me an offer and on it was how much they are granting me. If you submit the financial aid application before a decision comes back, then you will finid out both at once.

Like others have posted on this thread it is around 10 working days after my 2nd choice status changed from 'under consideration' that I could tell a decision was coming in any day now.

Good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anyesh)
    Congrats - I applied end of January - Do you know how long does the geography and environment takes on average?
    Anyesh, sorry I have no idea how long other departments might take to come back with a decision. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I got rejected for my first choice, Theory and History of IR at LSE. Waiting to see what's going to happen with second choice, History of IR. I really got no idea how admissions work for second choice; anyone knows more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coffeetime92)
    Hey guys, I got rejected for my first choice, Theory and History of IR at LSE. Waiting to see what's going to happen with second choice, History of IR. I really got no idea how admissions work for second choice; anyone knows more?
    Sorry to hear that If your second choice is in the same department you should hear from them soon, maybe with an offer I read on this thread that many that had both their choices in the same department got an offer for their 2nd choice soon after, if not both choices had been rejected at once. I think they probably give you an offer for your second choice

If your 2nd choice is in another department you may be in for another long wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casusa)
    Sorry to hear that If your second choice is in the same department you should hear from them soon, maybe with an offer I read on this thread that many that had both their choices in the same department got an offer for their 2nd choice soon after, if not both choices had been rejected at once. I think they probably give you an offer for your second choice

If your 2nd choice is in another department you may be in for another long wait
    It's the same department I think, since I've applied to Theory and History of IR and History of IR, so it's IR department
    Thanks for information and reassurance! Really feeling kind of down now and scared I might not get second choice :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coffeetime92)
    It's the same department I think, since I've applied to Theory and History of IR and History of IR, so it's IR department
    Thanks for information and reassurance! Really feeling kind of down now and scared I might not get second choice :/
    I think you may have a good chance to get accepted to your 2nd choice, from what I see there are 77 places compared to 23 for your first choice.

ReputationRep:
    My first choice was for development management and i received my 4th email on the 19th of november but still no news. I can see that quite a few people have already received offers so i'm a bit concerned now.. i don't know whether or not to get not o touch with the uni or just wait a bit longer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noorxox)
    My first choice was for development management and i received my 4th email on the 19th of november but still no news. I can see that quite a few people have already received offers so i'm a bit concerned now.. i don't know whether or not to get not o touch with the uni or just wait a bit longer?
    You received your 4th email earlier than me and I have heard back for the same program. I say maybe do try to get in touch with them at this point. Has the status of your second choice changed?

ReputationRep:
    Did you apply for financial aid as well? It seems that those responses may take a little longer to come out, maybe because they are also trying to work out how much money to give give you.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone apply for European studies? I read through the thread but I didn't seem to be able find anyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kokes)
    Did you apply for financial aid as well? It seems that those responses may take a little longer to come out, maybe because they are also trying to work out how much money to give give you.
    no i haven't applied for financial aid. i might give them a call if i haven't heard from them by the end of this week. thanks for your help though if i don't get in then i'll probably be going to kings for public policy.

ReputationRep:
    You received your 4th email earlier than me and I have heard back for the same program. I say maybe do try to get in touch with them at this point. Has the status of your second choice changed?
    Yes i think i will get in touch with them if they don't reply by the end of this week...because it's nearly been 3 months since the 4th email. oh and i didn't apply for a second choice. Now i'm thinking that was a bad decision since i should have had a back-up option lol!. btw did you say you also got an offer from kings btw? if i don't get into lse then ill be going to kings i think

ReputationRep:
    Yes i think i will get in touch with them if they don't reply by the end of this week...because it's nearly been 3 months since the 4th email. oh and i didn't apply for a second choice. Now i'm thinking that was a bad decision since i should have had a back-up option lol!. btw did you say you also got an offer from kings btw? if i don't get into lse then ill be going to kings i think
    I have offers from UCL and SOAS I did not apply to King's. 3 months seems like a really long time but try to stay positive, if they meant to reject you you would have heard back by now

ReputationRep:
    Hi all and congrats for the offers!
    I have applied for the MSc in International Health Policy(Heath Economics),7 week ago and the last 2 weeks my second choise is held pending ....
    The last two days when I try to access the tracker ,although I log in,itshows me an error message when i try to see my status.is anyone facing the same problem.thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimitris1)
    I have applied for the MSc in International Health Policy(Heath Economics),7 week ago and the last 2 weeks my second choise is held pending ....
    The last two days when I try to access the tracker ,although I log in,itshows me an error message when i try to see my status.is anyone facing the same problem.thanx
    I also get an error message and my 2nd choise also says held pending...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimitris1)

I'm also having the same problem. If it's not sorted out by Monday night, I think I'm going to give them a call.

ReputationRep:
    so it is probably a common technical problem.from monday,i think that they are going to fix it.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.