Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_Howell1)
    Hi, yeah the nightlife here is pretty lively, every club has it's main night. I wouldn't say there are specific nights that everyone's out on it depends on which clubs you prefer, but Tuesdays are probably the biggest (toast) everyone's always ruined from the £1 drinks. Then Monday's the next biggest you'll either go Halo (renovated church) or Lost Gardens, Cameo is always packed on Wednesdays, Bonsai on Thursdays and Lollipop Fridays are always big at The Old Firestation (student union). There are some other clubs like Lola Lo's (hawaiian), vodka revs and orange rooms and more clubs that are opening soon.

For Accommodation I'm in Dorchester which I personally thinks the best as you've got the double beds and it's quite lively, the staff here are all a good laugh and fully expect everyone to come back steaming, Lyme's probably has the best pre drinks and is known for being the party halls and they've literally last week done up the common room with iPads and a kitchen. Cranbourne's decent because it's just it been done up but it's quite crammed compared to the space you get at Dorchestor, erm I wouldn't go to Chesil as it's quite dull and corfes miles away but loads of people get stuck with it so when you apply don't click the box saying you'll consider corfe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What about Purbeck House? I've read very mixed reviews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bonfire_heart)
    What about Purbeck House? I've read very mixed reviews
    Purbeck's known as the drug halls, was walking past it yesterday and some police officers were walking in. The party atmospheres still good and it's better than Chesil, but Dorchester, Cranbourne and Lyme are much better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monster Mnch)
    I
    (Original post by FabianHull)
    I
    Hey
    `
    just created a group for sports students coming to BU in Sept, come and get to know other future students!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/528175390620267/

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone.
    Applied for and got accepted for MA in Post Production Editing and will be flying over all the way from Malaysia. Super stoked!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, everyone My name is Linh and I'm from Vietnam. I will attend Bournemouth Uni this September to study Int'l Economics and Finance (MSc). Anyone join this course too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toothless_champ)
    Hello, everyone My name is Linh and I'm from Vietnam. I will attend Bournemouth Uni this September to study Int'l Economics and Finance (MSc). Anyone join this course too?
    that's cool! what made you want to come to England?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCFCfan4eva)
    that's cool! what made you want to come to England?
    I just like the country (from what I know) and the quality of education is supposed to be great. Moreover, love to have a chance to study abroad so anywhere with financial support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toothless_champ)
    I just like the country (from what I know) and the quality of education is supposed to be great. Moreover, love to have a chance to study abroad so anywhere with financial support.
    That's really cool!

Vietname is a country I really want to visit! ha ha!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

My name is Roberta and I am from Italy. I'll attend the Msc in Tourism Marketing and Management at Bu, starting in september.

I want to take a studio room in Dorchester House, but I know that many people will apply for that all. As a second choice I don't know which choose among Cranborne, Purbeck, Lyme. Any suggestion? I will be a postgraduate student, but I am quite young (22) and want to meet people and go out

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    Just firmed my offer for Msc Events Management!! Haven't read through the thread, but anyone else doing this??

ReputationRep:
    I am doing msc tourism marketing and management. We will be both in school of tourism I think!!

ReputationRep:
    Awesome!! Have you looked at accommodation yet?? Not sure which would be best :s

ReputationRep:
    I would like a studio room, Dorchester seems the best one, but also Cranborne and Lyme seem good.
    what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've heard good things about Dorchester, but then Chesil House has a block dedicated to postgrad students which could be fun as well...dunno...

ReputationRep:
    How old are you? I am 22, will be 23 in October! Where are u from?

ReputationRep:
    22 as well, turn 23 in August! I'm from Denmark, but I did my undergrad in England what about you??

ReputationRep:
    I am from Italy and I did my undergrad in Italy as well. I have read that Chesil is not so sociable as the others halls...so I am trying to avoid it!

ReputationRep:
    Thats cool! What'd you study for your undergrad?? Oh really??! Well, then I suppose I'm back to Doncaster then!!

ReputationRep:
    I studied Spanish and English translation, and then decided to change completely to tourism, as it has always been my passion! When are you moving to bournemouth?

ReputationRep:
    That's cool. I did Spanish for about a year and a half :-p It sounds like a good mix! I'm not sure yet, probably early to mid September, depending on accommodation. What about you??

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 28 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.