Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    I meant football economics - there's far more money in the premiership because of a greater global appeal. As for fan attitudes - it's not the class of the fans, the English fan is far more accepting of not being appreciated or respected by clubs - as an example: Leicester fans reacting to the idea of boycotting a £36 dead rubber match http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/to...tt-leeds-away/

Against German fans response to being charged €25 for a high level derby:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ticket.prices/

As for calling you a xenophobe - the original post seemed like you were saying forest are a disgrace to football because they have foreign owners.

Ashley seems a fair example - he's turned Newcastle into a laughing stock, but if you'd prefer replace him with Pete winkleman.

Yes, but the German model is hardly this investment free, good old days model people bill it as. Either way there's a lot of money going in - all the German model adds is a bit of fan power

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not for a moment have I said that money in football is a bad thing and investment should be discouraged. Not at all. My support for the German system is that fan enjoyment has not been lost from the focus of the authorities and simultaneously its clubs remain competitive at the highest level along with the national team.

There is more money in the Murdoch League which means there is even less excuse for fans being priced out of going. In Germany this just does not happen and the figures on attendance and profitability don't lie. Their approach works, and they don't gamble clubs' survival on it either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh? What happened to it being forest and derby, and us being all on our own, not cared about

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't actually agree with that view. Besides the geographical closeness, I don't like the club (or a lot of the fans) and I'd love to beat you, more so than most other teams in the league. It's just a shame that doesn't happen very often

That bravado of "oh, we don't care about you" annoys me as well. It's so hypocritical as most of those people don't go round saying the same thing about Charlton or Blackpool, etc. The fact that they feel the need to remonstrate so much tells an entirely different story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akash16)
    Awww ( Is it cause WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!????
    No, don't like the club in general, if I'm honest.

How come we've never seen you on here before you were "TOP OF THE LEAGUE"?

ReputationRep:
    Ffs, blown so many leads recently. Such negativity under Freeman. We're actually in trouble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    No, don't like the club in general, if I'm honest.

How come we've never seen you on here before you were "TOP OF THE LEAGUE"?
    They only tend to get involved when their team is doing well. I'm sure he didn't show this support when Leicester were in League 1. £20 says he's been to no more than 3 games before this season.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I don't actually agree with that view. Besides the geographical closeness, I don't like the club (or a lot of the fans) and I'd love to beat you, more so than most other teams in the league. It's just a shame that doesn't happen very often

That bravado of "oh, we don't care about you" annoys me as well. It's so hypocritical as most of those people don't go round saying the same thing about Charlton or Blackpool, etc. The fact that they feel the need to remonstrate so much tells an entirely different story.
    Oh aye - tbh it comes from the tree scum most of the time, it's sort of adorable. "We don't care about you, honest!". It's either arrogance or really childish psychological warfare - and being forest I'd bet on the first one.

Discussion I've seen city fans having of late - would we want forest and derby to come up - general consensus seems to be yes to derby so we essentially start the season on 6 points and np to forest si we cab be top-dogs in the east Midlands, although some want the east Midlands hat trick so we can have some proper prem rivalrys

What would you go for? Undisputable superiority over florist or a proper derby match in the top flight?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Ffs, blown so many leads recently. Such negativity under Freeman. We're actually in trouble.
    How has Dougie lasted this long? Been shocking all season - many managers have been booted for less.

Still, Yeovil are out of their depth, Barnsley too reliant on O'grady to survive and Charlton have a horrible run in (still to play 7 of the top 8 iirc)
    You should stay up still.

(Original post by Silver Arrows)
    They only tend to get involved when their team is doing well. I'm sure he didn't show this support when Leicester were in League 1. £20 says he's been to no more than 3 games before this season.
    In fairness going to games is not necessarily an accurate picture - I've not been to any this season because of the price - an 80 quid day for home games and aways all we've had on a day I could have done was Leeds, and I'm not paying the prices you lot charge. Wouldn't say I'm less of a supporter now than I was 3 years back when I went to every home and a fair few aways, because back then I was a lot closer and burned up less cash going to games.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Another tidy win extends the gap for us and Brentford, next week is huge - if there is a winner of that match they're going up!

ReputationRep:
    How has Dougie lasted this long? Been shocking all season - many managers have been booted for less.

Still, Yeovil are out of their depth, Barnsley too reliant on O'grady to survive and Charlton have a horrible run in (still to play 7 of the top 8 iirc)
    You should stay up still.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We can't afford to sack him unfortunately.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)
    I wouldn't say Leeds had as big an influence back then than what Manchester United, Liverpool & Arsenal do now. They just make way too much money to have financial difficulties.
    Those 3 clubs are in a league of their own and probably always will be, no matter how much Woy Hodgson, David Moyes or Hicks & Gillett try to destroy the clubs. I don't think Arsenal have ever been relegated in their history.

I'd say the closest team nowadays to what Leeds were in the early 2000's is probably Spurs.

ReputationRep:
    Oh aye - tbh it comes from the tree scum most of the time, it's sort of adorable. "We don't care about you, honest!". It's either arrogance or really childish psychological warfare - and being forest I'd bet on the first one.

Discussion I've seen city fans having of late - would we want forest and derby to come up - general consensus seems to be yes to derby so we essentially start the season on 6 points and np to forest si we cab be top-dogs in the east Midlands, although some want the east Midlands hat trick so we can have some proper prem rivalrys

What would you go for? Undisputable superiority over florist or a proper derby match in the top flight?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're not smart enough for psychological warfare

Ideally, I'd like all three of us to go up. That would be something special and we're all much more deserving than your Fulhams and West Broms. So I'd go for the proper derby matches.

If I were to choose superiority over Forest, it would have to be extreme. Not just them missing out on promotion but a spectacular collapse and, preferably, relegation. That's not going to happen this season though so I'll go for all of the East Mid teams in the Prem haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Another tidy win extends the gap for us and Brentford, next week is huge - if there is a winner of that match they're going up!
    I see Jacobs scored twice for you. What do you make of him?

ReputationRep:
    Cause I never used to use student room....But who cares CAUSE WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE BY 7 POINTS AND WE'RE LEICESTER CITY LA LA LA!

LA LA LA...LA LA LA...LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA...LA LA LAAAA...LA LA LA LA..LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LEICESTER!!!!!!!!!!!1
    nah m8 ur akash16, not leicester city. sort it out m8

ReputationRep:
    Yoo bruv youre tryna act funny, and youre coming out with these dead jokes man go put em back in the coffin. "Lesta" is Leicester. Physics you say?? May I ask how many GCSEs you have my friend? The same number as where Watford are ehh? PLAY OFF BOTTLERS.
    m8 you can't bottle the the playoffs. like i said alredi bruv general physics suggests the playoffs, worth £120m, won't fit into your average bottle. u'd need 1 big bottle to fit it in. srsly. sort it out or ill set my m8 deeney on u to sort u out.

Just absolutely jizzed myself watching the football league show. Three wondergoals for us and we're still top!

Beating Wolves next week would be a huge step.

ReputationRep:
    I see Jacobs scored twice for you. What do you make of him?
    He's been bright, and more importantly him and Henry have brought Sako back to life. Hoping he can keep it up though.

(Original post by Jangrafess)
    Just absolutely jizzed myself watching the football league show. Three wondergoals for us and we're still top!

Beating Wolves next week would be a huge step.
    Will you just stop winning please haha, if you do beat us next week then I doubt you'll be worrying about 90th minute penalties on the final day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    He's been bright, and more importantly him and Henry have brought Sako back to life. Hoping he can keep it up though.

Will you just stop winning please haha, if you do beat us next week then I doubt you'll be worrying about 90th minute penalties on the final day!
    Wolves should be top by a mile anyway.

Also, could we please play a game? Not keen on all these bloody postponements.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So the Blades have become the lowest ranked side to make it to the QFs since 1990 and the draw now means there will definitely be a team from outside the Premier League in the Semis with the Blades playing either Wednesday or Charlton...

Whilst I'm ecstatic that we've made the quarters, I'm about worried about what this might do to our fixture list as the season wraps up. Could be worse though, could be Crawley with their 7 games in hand over Bristol and Notts County

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kado)
    So the Blades have become the lowest ranked side to make it to the QFs since 1990 and the draw now means there will definitely be a team from outside the Premier League in the Semis with the Blades playing either Wednesday or Charlton...

Whilst I'm ecstatic that we've made the quarters, I'm about worried about what this might do to our fixture list as the season wraps up. Could be worse though, could be Crawley with their 7 games in hand over Bristol and Notts County
    A League 1 team managed by Cloughie put Forest out of the cup, thanks to a brace from a former Ram. You just couldn't write it and I VERY much enjoyed it
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Sheffield Derby in quarters please.

Oh, and this weekend couldn't have been better - Forest lose, QPR lose, Burnley drop points - 11 points clear of 3rd with 16 games left now.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.