I managed to finish the paper but didn't check
    26.83%
    I missed off a few of the questions
    37.80%
    I missed >half of the questions
    3.66%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nathan.moore500)
    I have tried to quote many of you but just wanted to say I agree with everything you guys have said. I have done many many past papers and getting good marks and grades but this paper was bullsh** and a massive step up from previous years, I just hope the pr*ck that wrote this paper has not written the unit 2 exam!
    They most likely have

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody give me an appropriate email for ocr?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clai)
    Same.
    +1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theultimateworri)
    It was a dreadful paper and dreading g492 also. Can we complain about those questions?
    Ha, if you can find a way please do. I doubt it though. They are supposed to make up for it by lowering grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    Did 26 unit past papers, frustrating that they then do this -.-

What was the answer to the ldr question??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clai)
    Ha, if you can find a way please do. I doubt it though. They are supposed to make up for it by lowering grade boundaries.
    However if everyone did drastically terrible car-crash like on the same question they remove that question, which will leave us with about 2 questions on the whole paper...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theultimateworri)
    Can somebody give me an appropriate email for ocr?
    [email protected]

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Their email will have more traffic than rush hour in india by the end of exam season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowing)
    Their email will have more traffic than rush hour in india by the end of exam season
    I have literally just sent the biggest rant they will ever have received.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhtiger)
    Copy and paste?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please post it up. It might make some of us feel a bit better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizi0808)
    Really? I heard it was 95 ums... I took that FP1... I also took the C1. Tbh the maths exams were lovely compared to what happened with physics...

Also some subjects matter less- i.e for chem engineering 95 ums average for chemistry and maths but physics matters less apparently?? That what my teachers have said but it could be a load of rubbish...??

(Original post by Rizi0808)
    Really? I heard it was 95 ums... I took that FP1... I also took the C1. Tbh the maths exams were lovely compared to what happened with physics...

Also some subjects matter less- i.e for chem engineering 95 ums average for chemistry and maths but physics matters less apparently?? That what my teachers have said but it could be a load of rubbish...??
    Well they recommend 90. I think the a average student there has approximately 93% across all maths modules?

Yeah the FP1 paper was easy wasn't it, different but easy, but I just panicked on question 8 when I could see what was going wrong haha! Hopefully I can still get an average of about 98% if all else goes will this year.

I wish the same for you.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, please share

ReputationRep:
    At least we all have the knowledge that nobody did well on this exam... even the people in my school who normally get 100%, and do loads of revision and spend time making notes during school every day hated it. There were loads of questions that simply weren't about physics, and others that were really just out of left field.

ReputationRep:
    I missed out on 24 marks purely by not knowing what to write so i just left them blank... Most ridiculous exam i have ever sat! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Hihi! Glad I'm not alone in thinking this exam was hard ;/ Basing my judgement on this thread hopefully we'll have low grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joemlewis)
    I missed out on 24 marks purely by not knowing what to write so i just left them blank... Most ridiculous exam i have ever sat! :mad:
    I agree!!!!! It was just totally stupid!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Just about to send this email to [email protected]
    How does this sound?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm sure that you have been inundated with emails from "hacked off" students after this morning's AS Physics G491 exam. Well here's another email to add to the pile.

What happened this morning was disgraceful. To give students questions that not only were not about physics in any sense of the word was outrageous. To then have the very few questions that did slightly hint at the specification be completely off topic, to me, was unacceptable. Not only were these questions stupidly impossible, but the time pressure was hardly helpful.

All in all, I think you've got some serious re-thinking to do and some grade boundaries to very seriously consider lowering drastically.

Yours,

A "slightly miffed", to say the least, AS Physics student

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    this exam was so hard we hadn't even been taught most of the stuff in it I swear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowing)
    Yes, please share
    Really glad someone sent it, would love to see it!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.