St John's College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants Watch

bollo
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
good to kno. can everyone take a side on the somerset vs. dorset feud or is it exclusive?

...and are there any open days for people that have had offers?
KAISER_MOLE
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
You can take sides, but if you're not involved in the feud it'd be wise to keep it that way...there have been some bloody battles, many lives have been lost

Errrm, no open days for offer holders I don't think, didn't you have a look around at interview?
bollo
Report 11 years ago
im sorry, i hadn't realised the extent of the horror. Is it possible to start your own county feuds?

nah, wish i had, was too busy panicking about my interviews- saw the library quite a bit though...
KAISER_MOLE
Rep:
?
It is indeed possible...but it would just seem superificial to me, I mean, is there real anomosity?

What's your opinion of the library door? Quite something isn't it :p:
Aired
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The libary door is a pain in the arse; I got stuck in there twice last term.
bollo
Report 11 years ago
I resent the implication that i would stir up borough related trouble without real foundation (well i don't resent it that much).
I was v.impressed withthe library, did get stuck in the toilet for longer than is probably acceptable (for some reason i cudnt work out that the door was pull instead of push- can they revoke an offer on the basis of such stupidity?)
KAISER_MOLE
Rep:
?
I dunno, I'll ask Doerrzapf about it! (you had your general interview with the legend that is yeah?) It took me a while to figure out the lighting system in the library toilets, with those little metal switches.
bollo
Report 11 years ago
ahh no dont, he might take it away!yep i am familiar with him, that interview went quite well.
those toilets are an intellectual challenge!btw, i am sorry for sullying your thread with the mention of toilets.
ShaneP
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by KAISER_MOLE)
I dunno, I'll ask Doerrzapf about it! (you had your general interview with the legend that is yeah?) It took me a while to figure out the lighting system in the library toilets, with those little metal switches.
I really enjoyed my interview with him - one of the many motivations to meet my offer is the opportunity to work with him. He was very friendly and good-humoured, and he seemed to enjoy the maths jokes I shared with him at the end of my interview! :p:
Autocrat
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
DEVON RULES!!
blind_watchmaker
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey- been offered a place at St John's to read History next year, provided I get AAA. Paid off managing not to say **** for half an hour! I suppose. That and my seemingly endless struggle with library door which nearly made me significantly late for Dr Szreter.

Anyway, hurrah for us all. To be honest.

Faith.
bollo
Report 11 years ago
Hey, congrats on the offer! we could both b there next year...weird.i was worried id accidently swear in my interview, i probly wudnt hav realised.

p.s im glad other ppl had some door related trouble
blind_watchmaker
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Brap brap.
When was your interview?
Indeed, thankfully I refrained from using expletives, particularly in reference to some sort of Russian breeding spree.
ShaneP
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by blind_watchmaker)
Hey- been offered a place at St John's to read History next year, provided I get AAA. Paid off managing not to say **** for half an hour! I suppose. That and my seemingly endless struggle with library door which nearly made me significantly late for Dr Szreter.

Anyway, hurrah for us all. To be honest.

Faith.
I was too caught up with my interviews to think of checking out the library. What's it like, and is the door THAT bad? :p:
blind_watchmaker
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The library's pretty fit. I had to go there to write notes on the Adam Smith extract they gave me, so didn't get the chance for much of a browse- as it were- while trying to get my head around the text. Looks, erm, substantial though. And all that. Door was a bit of a bi tch- some sort rotating/swinging system going on there. Perplexing.
bollo
Report 11 years ago
russian breeding sprees do have that effect...so i hear. my interview was one the 8th of December urz? door is crazy, i waited until sum1 else went in, is that cheating?
blind_watchmaker
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes, it is.
I had mine on the 6th. Or the 5th. Can't really remember, was such a non-event. NOT.
dups45
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Noticed we were falling down a bit
dups45
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What kind of value is put on the bursaries for books etc, and what type of bursaries and grants are avaliable from the college. The website is a bit vauge about it
Enfalas
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
There's a booklet you can find "orange booklet something or other" that tells you about grants and just about everything. Although if you can't be bothered looking, it says they pay for half of all the books you buy in the academic year for one of your specific reading lists up to a maximum value of £150. I think that applies to all undergraduates.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (181)
27.47%
No (478)
72.53%

Watched Threads