Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TC2016)
    I've just done the verbal one, pretty standard 30 questions, 19 minutes nothing too hard.
    It's not a numerical it's a logical reasoning test which I find harder much harder! Wishing I'd have done some kind of maths/business degree now with all these tests!!!
    (Original post by tasmith247)
    I know what you mean. having to brush up on Maths etc is so time-consuming! is it 20 questions in 19 minutes for the logical too? Also, do you have to do both together, or can you take like a day's break in between them?
    Logical test is 24 questions in 25 minutes. You can take a break between the Logical and Verbal, as long as they're both completed by the deadline. I found the Verbal to be fine and the Logical to be tougher. It's definitely worth practicing as many examples as possible for the Logical, as the same types of questions tend to come up.

Received an invite to telephone interview around two hours after completing the Logical, which means that Capgemini are pretty much the most efficient recruiters ever...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    Logical test is 24 questions in 25 minutes. You can take a break between the Logical and Verbal, as long as they're both completed by the deadline. I found the Verbal to be fine and the Logical to be tougher. It's definitely worth practicing as many examples as possible for the Logical, as the same types of questions tend to come up.

Received an invite to telephone interview around two hours after completing the Logical, which means that Capgemini are pretty much the most efficient recruiters ever...
    thanks for the info! Wow that is pretty fast. How much time do you have to prepare for the telephone interview?

ReputationRep:
    Also, can you move back and forth when doing the capgemini tests?

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the info! Wow that is pretty fast. How much time do you have to prepare for the telephone interview?
    They said that the interview will hopefully be within the next two weeks and that they'd be in touch to arrange a mutually convenient time.

Also, can you move back and forth when doing the capgemini tests?
    No back and forth - you cannot move between questions and once you've answered a question, you cannot go back to it. I had enough time for the Verbal, but found the time for the Logical quite tight. Logical is basically a minute per mark, so keep an eye on the clock! If you're stuck on a question, then I'd recommend not wasting too long on it - just guess an answer and move on.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone had done the Grant Thornton video interview or the Capgemini telephone interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    Just received this from Deloitte:

Dear --------,

Hope you are well.

I am just writing with an update on your application and apologise for any delays you have experienced so far.

We are currently in the process of obtaining interview availability and we will be booking in 1st round interviews throughout the remainder of October, November and December so we will be in touch over the coming weeks with confirmed availability to get you booked in. Please note that no interviews have yet taken place.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Throwaway2521)
    Just received this from Deloitte:
    Identical email here. Good to know that everybody's in the same boat - I was starting to get worried.

Incidentally, my online status has changed from 'You have been invited to a Fast Track Day - Consulting' to 'You have been invited to an interview and group exercise'. So looks like they may have dropped the "get it all done in one day" idea.

ReputationRep:
    Me too! Just need EY to hurry up now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone having issues with KPMG? Not able to register/log on.

Also has EY closed applications?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    Anyone having issues with KPMG? Not able to register/log on.

Also has EY closed applications?
    For the Performance Improvement - Advisory role in London, yeah. I spent a while on my application only to be told it had closed when I went to submit it

(Original post by Sync)
    Identical email here. Good to know that everybody's in the same boat - I was starting to get worried.

Incidentally, my online status has changed from 'You have been invited to a Fast Track Day - Consulting' to 'You have been invited to an interview and group exercise'. So looks like they may have dropped the "get it all done in one day" idea.
    Yup haha which is odd considering how late they are with all of this.

ReputationRep:
    What did you apply for at Deloitte? I applied for Strategy at Monitor Deloitte and haven't received an email.

(Original post by Sync)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tangente)
    What did you apply for at Deloitte? I applied for Strategy at Monitor Deloitte and haven't received an email.
    I applied for Programme Leadership (under the 'Consulting - People and Programmes' umbrella).

I seem to remember that Monitor has a slightly different recruitment process/timetable, so I wouldn't get too worried about the lack of communication.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    I applied for Programme Leadership (under the 'Consulting - People and Programmes' umbrella).

I seem to remember that Monitor has a slightly different recruitment process/timetable, so I wouldn't get too worried about the lack of communication.
    Thanks for the information, yeah I was told that first rounds would be in December.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied to the BDO Management Consulting scheme? Been waiting for ages after sending off the initial app.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Sync;51020817]They said that the interview will hopefully be within the next two weeks and that they'd be in touch to arrange a mutually convenient time.

Hi, have you heard back about an interview date? I found out I passed the online tests today and have been invited for interview! Just wondering how long Capgemini take to get back to you. thanks

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=tasmith247;51077151]
    (Original post by Sync)
    They said that the interview will hopefully be within the next two weeks and that they'd be in touch to arrange a mutually convenient time.

Hi, have you heard back about an interview date? I found out I passed the online tests today and have been invited for interview! Just wondering how long Capgemini take to get back to you. thanks
    Are you referring to a telephone interview or an interview at their offices? I've got a telephone interview with them on thursday morning.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=TC2016;51077267]

Are you referring to a telephone interview or an interview at their offices? I've got a telephone interview with them on thursday morning.
    I meant telephone interview. So yeah, did it take them long to contact you after the email? Good luck for the interview! Also, I thought they had changed their process and video interviews were the next step for consulting, not telephone interviews.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! It's a telephone interview for Capgemini, they said they were getting them all completed by 23th October for AC's next week
    It's a video interview for Grant Thornton which I think I'm going to do tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TC2016)
    Thank you! It's a telephone interview for Capgemini, they said they were getting them all completed by 23th October for AC's next week
    It's a video interview for Grant Thornton which I think I'm going to do tonight
    Wow you must be busy then! Good luck for both I'm actually in the middle of writing my Grant thornton application- any tips? Also, just wondering if you get invited to Grant thornton online tests straight after submission of online application, or do they take a few days to review it first before deciding to invite you to take them? I have an AC and interview this week so I need to manage my time!

Also, after receiving an invite for the online tests, how long is the deadline to complete them?

ReputationRep:
    So Capgemini has closed apps too?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.