Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    USA played better football than the English team will for the next 300 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottie)
    if Argentina doesnt change thier game style Belgium are very capable of defeating them
    We have yet to see Argentina play a game against a team that isn't parking the bus. Belgium will do the same and Argentina will try to score. Expect argentina's players to play close to their true level at some point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Lol why hate though, as a fan of football, I'm very happy and hopeful after what we've seen today. I dont care who, even if it was Pakistan I love seeing the rise of a competitive football nation handing it to established nations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm just messing , they did play well give it another 2 World Cups, USA will have caught up to Europe/South America IMO. If you keep working on that infrastructure & take advantage of football's increasing popularity, you have a great chance. I know for sure they've made more improvements than African teams have done.

ReputationRep:
    Some of his tweets during the match are classic

https://twitter.com/usasoccerguy

ReputationRep:
    http://coub.com/view/2bkhy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LightBlueSoldier)
    We have yet to see Argentina play a game against a team that isn't parking the bus. Belgium will do the same and Argentina will try to score. Expect argentina's players to play close to their true level at some point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I dont think Belgium will park the bus. Belgians were soo confident about beating US and they are pretty sure Argentina will be a hard opponent but they will win that

ReputationRep:
    if Argentina doesnt change thier game style Belgium are very capable of defeating them
    Belgium are more than capable of turning the game into a midfield dog fight and I think they'll try given how easily Argentina themselves seem to get drawn into that kind of game.

If Argentina score early then it'll be very different though, one of those games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I'm just messing , they did play well give it another 2 World Cups, USA will have caught up to Europe/South America IMO. If you keep working on that infrastructure & take advantage of football's increasing popularity, you have a great chance. I know for sure they've made more improvements than African teams have done.
    Lol I thought surely you can't actually mean that.

Yeah Americans don't do anything half heartedly and I think an element of national pride will come into international football for them.

They're slowly realising football is the truly global sport they can make a name for themselves in.

Asia still ridiculously far behind, especially the two with those massive populations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I dont think Belgium will park the bus. Belgians were soo confident about beating US and they are pretty sure Argentina will be a hard opponent but they will win that
    If Belgium don't park the bus they will get trashed. Against messi you are obliged to park the bus. Especially if he's playing with di Maria and aguero.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Lol I thought surely you can't actually mean that.

Yeah Americans don't do anything half heartedly and I think an element of national pride will come into international football for them.

They're slowly realising football is the truly global sport they can make a name for themselves in.

Asia still ridiculously far behind, especially the two with those massive populations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But but most importantly they need to keep Jurgen I cannot stress how important he is. He's needs to stay.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Some of his tweets during the match are classic

https://twitter.com/usasoccerguy
    Lol hilarious

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where there Batmans and Spider-Man's in the crowds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    But but most importantly they need to keep Jurgen I cannot stress how important he is. He's needs to stay.
    Yep no doubt, they all appear to buy into Jurgen who also happens to be a really good coach, especially for a team like the USA who still look malleable.

It will be an issue if Klinsmann leaves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LightBlueSoldier)
    If Belgium don't park the bus they will get trashed. Against messi you are obliged to park the bus. Especially if he's playing with di Maria and aguero.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    isnt Aguero injured? I remember he got off earlier in the match against Nigeria and didnt play today.

Belgians are young, fresh and determine to achieve sth after 12yrs of playing **** (seriously, Poland defeated them :O). But I wish they would let me sleep actually instead of making a vuvuzela fights -.-'

ReputationRep:
    wow what a game this was....

Unlucky USA, nearly stood up and ran round the house when they nearly scored at the end such a special game.

ReputationRep:
    2 days off now

ffs

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna miss the World Cup

It really is a magical time when it comes round.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    I'm gonna miss the World Cup

It really is a magical time when it comes round.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup is it too early to say This is the best World Cup? Even my father who's been alive for longer and has seen more world cups even he claims that this is the best World Cup.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would love to see Yedlin in the PL, he ran the show tonight. America have 2-3 very good young talented players

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 2, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.