Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who are the top 8 squads in europe. List the order. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SwaggerDagger)
    A very ambiguous statement... Elaborate?
    manchesterunited15 was replying to someone who dismissed De Gea's quality based on one bad mistake he made. So he pointed out that that's terrible logic as Aguero, who's clearly a great striker, makes bad mistakes too. He wasn't actually calling Aguero a **** striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    manchesterunited15 was replying to someone who dismissed De Gea's quality based on one bad mistake he made. So he pointed out that that's terrible logic as Aguero, who's clearly a great striker, makes bad mistakes too. He wasn't actually calling Aguero a **** striker.
    How do you know what said poster was thinking in such great detail.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    How do you know what said poster was thinking in such great detail.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    critical thinking and common sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnneOldman)
    arsenal have better depth IMO
    Lol you don't watch Atlético Madrid their first 11 is just as good as Arsenals and they have more depth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Lol you don't watch Atlético Madrid their first 11 is just as good as Arsenals and they have more depth.
    First XI probably better tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    First XI probably better tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Better defence for Atlético. Midfield Arsenal probably have it when on form and Atlético have the better strike force in Mandzukic and Griezmann. Goalkeepers probably about the same level.

Says that with the right tactics and management a team like Arsenal can go all the way.

ReputationRep:
    Better defence for Atlético. Midfield Arsenal probably have it when on form and Atlético have the better strike force in Mandzukic and Griezmann. Goalkeepers probably about the same level.

Says that with the right tactics and management a team like Arsenal can go all the way.
    Personally would argue Atléti trump in midfield as well. They have hard working creative players in Koke and Turan, who transition attack and defence and Gabi/Thiago in centre of park.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Personally would argue Atléti trump in midfield as well. They have hard working creative players in Koke and Turan, who transition attack and defence and Gabi/Thiago in centre of park.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Gabi and Tiago in the centre is good but Ramsey/Wilshere/Arteta are probably just better. Ozil and Sanchez on form are equal to Koke and Turan.

Anyway they're a much better functional unit than Arsenal but if they had a manager capable of utilising the players more in a pragmatic system Arsenal could easily win the league and get to the higher stages of CL.

ReputationRep:
    Gabi and Tiago in the centre is good but Ramsey/Wilshere/Arteta are probably just better. Ozil and Sanchez on form are equal to Koke and Turan.

Anyway they're a much better functional unit than Arsenal but if they had a manager capable of utilising the players more in a pragmatic system Arsenal could easily win the league and get to the higher stages of CL.
    Arsenal could not 'easily' win the league. With a good manger and a few changes like a midfielder who can actually defend then arsenal could realistically challenge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    Arsenal could not 'easily' win the league. With a good manger and a few changes like a midfielder who can actually defend then arsenal could realistically challenge

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Semantics.

I mean with the right manager they can win the league with this squad but he prefers to play suicide football.

ReputationRep:
    Semantics.

I mean with the right manager they can win the league with this squad but he prefers to play suicide football.
    It's not semantics; you specified that they'd win it easily which is far from the truth, they'd contend but they need a different manager and to sure themselves up defensively

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    It's not semantics; you specified that they'd win it easily which is far from the truth, they'd contend but they need a different manager and to sure themselves up defensively

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I said they could easily win the league. Not that they would easily win the league. There is a difference between the terms and which is why I'm saying that this is semantics.

ReputationRep:
    I said they could easily win the league. Not that they would easily win the league. There is a difference between the terms and which is why I'm saying that this is semantics.
    Ok well I'm not going to deviate anymore but in my opinion the use of the word easily changes the meaning of the sentence

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1. Manchester United
    2. Real Madrid
    3. Barcelona
    4. Chelsea
    5. Manchester City
    6. Southampton
    7. Bayern
    8. West 'am
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    1. Manchester United
    2. Real Madrid
    3. Barcelona
    4. Chelsea
    5. Manchester City
    6. Southampton
    7. Bayern
    8. West 'am
    Too good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Too good.
    Ha, Cheers I can't take clubs like Bayern and PSG seriously. They are playing in Mickey Mouse leagues. To the guy that said the German league was as good as the PL - I'm lol'ing. My message to Bayern players and Zlatan. Come to the Premier League, preferably a club like Manchester United and prove yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Ha, Cheers I can't take clubs like Bayern and PSG seriously. They are playing in Mickey Mouse leagues. To the guy that said the German league was as good as the PL - I'm lol'ing. My message to Bayern players and Zlatan. Come to the Premier League, preferably a club like Manchester United and prove yourself.
    Is proving themselves in the champions league and internationally not enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    Is proving themselves in the champions league and internationally not enough?
    Bayern were milked by R Madrid last season. Let me know when PSG do anything in the Champions League.

ReputationRep:
    1. Manchester United
    I stopped reading

ReputationRep:
    1. Real Madrid
    2. Barcelona
    3. Bayern
    4. Atletico Madrid
    5. Chelsea
    6. Man City
    7. Juventus
    8. PSG

Pretty hard to differ on the top 6 unless you are trolling. Some other teams good be in the mix like Roma, Arsenal, Manchester United, Wolfsburg, but I think my top 8 is right in terms of the squads depth and starting 11 quality.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.