Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Secret Life of Students on Channel 4 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnionRing)
    Lol....what's to like?
    I dunno, we have a lot in common lol. I know she didn't come off very well with the whole money thing but some people just find it harder to manage money than others. I've made mistakes like that in the past! x

Plus she was hilarious with the Josie/Chlamydia thing aha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2dw)
    I dunno, we have a lot in common lol. I know she didn't come off very well with the whole money thing but some people just find it harder to manage money than others. I've made mistakes like that in the past! x

Plus she was hilarious with the Josie/Chlamydia thing aha.
    She definitely didn't come of very well spending overdraft money on clothes but she'll learn the hard way when she has to pay it all back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iloveteddy14)
    What is that supposed to mean orange crush

Nightworld1066

There is NO WAY that you work 133 hours a week.

In fact anyone that works even half of that much is living an unhealthy lifestyle and should probably re-evaluate their priorities.

ReputationRep:
    She definitely didn't come of very well spending overdraft money on clothes but she'll learn the hard way when she has to pay it all back.
    Yeah I did something similar in the past, n watching her do the same thing made me realize how silly I was! Definitely gunna look after my money more in future.

I think lots of students blow their budget in the first term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sliceofcake)
    Most of the working class families I know raised their children to be more considerate of money and the cost/worth of things. Many of the middle class children, however, have struggled with it more because they're used to money just being handed to them more freely.
    I think what may have actually been meant by the quote you posted was that she wasn't wise with money, but you would expect someone raised in a working class home to be wise with money.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean 120 odd hours a day I mean that in terms of working when you need to for example when I am on high manic phase studying I do a couple of hours between half seven and nine whilst I am getting ready and on my to to college/work and then I work all day at college/work have fifteen minute lunch tea break and then come home about 5 or 6 by that time I have worked on the train/bus and then have a ten fifteen eat drink pee and then depending of I got a lot on my body is addicted to doing more work and that could a full 6-8hours once I am in I'm in and I don't stop. My health becomes less important, friends become worthless nothings. I lose interestbij everything else TV/media becomes nothing

Nightworld1066

ReputationRep:
    You wanna get yourself checked out

ReputationRep:
    Strange program. Dislike them all and after finishing Uni last year, they're just portraying everything I hated about Uni!

BUT

I keep downloading the episodes... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iloveteddy14)
    I don't mean 120 odd hours a day I mean that in terms of working when you need to for example when I am on high manic phase studying I do a couple of hours between half seven and nine whilst I am getting ready and on my to to college/work and then I work all day at college/work have fifteen minute lunch tea break and then come home about 5 or 6 by that time I have worked on the train/bus and then have a ten fifteen eat drink pee and then depending of I got a lot on my body is addicted to doing more work and that could a full 6-8hours once I am in I'm in and I don't stop. My health becomes less important, friends become worthless nothings. I lose interestbij everything else TV/media becomes nothing

Nightworld1066
    Why do you type like this?

ReputationRep:
    I'm always in a rush when I type and I left my charger round my friend's house last night and I only have 10% battery

Nightworld1066

ReputationRep:
    She evidently wont as she will always rely on / blame other people , borrowing £500 pounds of someone you don't even know how low can you get . She's scum sorry.

Then to top it off she acts all distant and entitled on the date .

ReputationRep:
    This show was so terrible, but I'm a student at UoL so felt compelled to watch it.

If anyone has any questions about UoL itself then let me know. For starters, I can promise you the students there are not all like Aiden. :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueskyblue)
    She evidently wont as she will always rely on / blame other people , borrowing £500 pounds of someone you don't even know how low can you get . She's scum sorry.

Then to top it off she acts all distant and entitled on the date .
    Agreed. I hopes she learns for her sake. And I definitely feel sorry for troy but giving £500 to a stranger was silly on his part.

ReputationRep:
    hey
    did you live in oadby? If so how was it? kind of nervous

ReputationRep:
    The thing about Aiden is that he's obviously smart enough to have gotten into uni and most of the guys of that type will eventually curtail their partying a little bit to get a 2:1 and failing that will get his own show and become the next Joey Essex or Frankie Cocozza.

When you only have 70 or 80 years on earth I feel like you might as well enjoy yourself, sure it might not get you that 9-5 office job but really, who cares? Aiden is a sound guy imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElChapo)
    I think what may have actually been meant by the quote you posted was that she wasn't wise with money, but you would expect someone raised in a working class home to be wise with money.
    My mistake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sliceofcake)
    Most of the working class families I know raised their children to be more considerate of money and the cost/worth of things. Many of the middle class children, however, have struggled with it more because they're used to money just being handed to them more freely.
    I'm not sure if you caught my tone... I'm saying I would expect a working class family to have good money consciousness, re-reading I see it comes off as I'm saying the opposite haha.

Basically, I totally agree with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marm-alade)
    I'm not sure if you caught my tone... I'm saying I would expect a working class family to have good money consciousness, re-reading I see it comes off as I'm saying the opposite haha.

Basically, I totally agree with you
    Yes, ElChapo corrected my understanding!
    She seemed like a nice girl but completely stupid regarding money. I imagine a lot of soon-to-be students were worried and put off slightly when she said that university was just too expensive. It is too expensive if you spend your remaining loan on frivolous things, but if you apply common sense then you shouldn't end up spending £300 in one afternoon. Some students seem to struggle with the idea that the money from the loan isn't 'free money', it's given to them for a specific purpose and they need to learn about how to deal with money.
    I don't know what she's like in real life but that episode painted her in an awful light. Bad with money, asking someone she hadn't met for money, and then she was an hour late to meet him. He didn't seem one bit pleased that entire day. I know they said they were both what they had expected, pretty much, but I felt he was put off by her crap attitude and her possibly by how he didn't want to pay the bill. I understand she was tired but at least try to be in a good mood when meeting someone you're in love with. From what we saw, the whole meeting was so awkward. I hope she's paid him back.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps she had a lot going on we didn't know about

Nightworld1066
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orange crush)
    There is NO WAY that you work 133 hours a week.

In fact anyone that works even half of that much is living an unhealthy lifestyle and should probably re-evaluate their priorities.
    Even lawyers and investment bankers?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.