Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Two dads meet their newborn son Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilsz)
    Welllllllll yeah but I'm sure other would agree

And yes some are
    I don't agree that mothers are more important than fathers.
    They're equally important, so having two of one or the other isn't any different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    I don't agree that mothers are more important than fathers.
    They're equally important, so having two of one or the other isn't any different.
    I disagree but respect your opinion (Y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Because you've made a comparison without even proving a valuable link between the two. The two are not comparable, unless you're desperate. Which you clearly are.
    Hahaha, that's funny. There's definitely a link but you're just too stupid to understand it. If you look at what others are comparing to homosexuality in this thread(Laptops.Lol.) then you might understand the comparison I've made(hopefully just a little bit).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilsz)
    I disagree but respect your opinion (Y)
    Great, but this is a debate. No chance you want to engage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadine_08)
    Hahaha, that's funny. There's definitely a link but you're just too stupid to understand it. If you look at what others are comparing to homosexuality in this thread(Laptops.Lol.) then you might understand the comparison I've made(hopefully just a little bit).
    How are they linked? Or are you too stupid to explain it?

ReputationRep:
    There are several links, but you haven't stated any of them so it's difficult to debate with you.
    People have linked to laptops with the argument being made when people say that homosexuality is unnatural and therefore it's bad, but laptops are unnatural and they're good, so what's unnatural can't be what's bad.

ReputationRep:
    Great, but this is a debate. No chance you want to engage?
    I would but I know I wouldn't win

ReputationRep:
    I have no problem with gay couples raising kids whatsoever, but why are they both topless? :lolwut::lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neckbeard Fedora)
    I have no problem with gay couples raising kids whatsoever, but why are they both topless? :lolwut::lolwut:
    As mentioned several times already, skin to skin contact is important for bonding with a newborn.

ReputationRep:
    As mentioned several times already, skin to skin contact is important for bonding with a newborn.
    I'm afraid I didn't have time to read through the whole thread.

I hadn't heard of the skin to skin contact thing, but surely they could just do it by wearing short-sleeved T-shirts or something? Or is it more important because they aren't the child's actual mother? I've never heard of mothers doing the skin to skin contact thing before, though I don't know much about this sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neckbeard Fedora)
    I'm afraid I didn't have time to read through the whole thread.

I hadn't heard of the skin to skin contact thing, but surely they could just do it by wearing short-sleeved T-shirts or something? Or is it more important because they aren't the child's actual mother? I've never heard of mothers doing the skin to skin contact thing before, though I don't know much about this sort of thing.
    It's actually very common. Most women discuss it with the midwives prior to their giving birth - my mum neglected to do it, but my sister did with her son. And they tend to be wearing gowns so it's easy to pull them out of the way to place the child on the mother's chest.

ReputationRep:
    It's actually very common. Most women discuss it with the midwives prior to their giving birth - my mum neglected to do it, but my sister did with her son. And they tend to be wearing gowns so it's easy to pull them out of the way to place the child on the mother's chest.
    Oh, I had no idea. Thanks for the info

ReputationRep:
    The way they just cropped the surrogate mother out of the 2nd picture..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    The way they just cropped the surrogate mother out of the 2nd picture..
    I realise you're being facetious but usually it's the photographer that does the editing when you pay them to take photos. Not to mention that the composition would have been **** in that photo were there anything to the left of the guys.

ReputationRep:
    Cool story ho, but you have yet to provide any sort of link or even any sort of valid argument whatsoever. Keep on truckin' princess.

ReputationRep:
    There are several links, but you haven't stated any of them so it's difficult to debate with you.
    People have linked to laptops with the argument being made when people say that homosexuality is unnatural and therefore it's bad, but laptops are unnatural and they're good, so what's unnatural can't be what's bad.
    But technology can't be compared to the topic we're discussing. What we're discussing is on a completely different level.
    The link between incestuous relationships and two dads having a son is that if it is now accepted in society for there to be things like 'two dads meeting their new-born son' then in the future, incestuous relationships may be accepted/legalised too as there have already been cases on the news regarding incest like the example I gave of the mother and son. To me, incestuous relationships are just about on the same level as two dads having a son. Both these things are completely abnormal.

ReputationRep:
    But technology can't be compared to the topic we're discussing. What we're discussing is on a completely different level.
    The link between incestuous relationships and two dads having a son is that if it is now accepted in society for there to be things like 'two dads meeting their new-born son' then in the future, incestuous relationships may be accepted/legalised too as there have already been cases on the news regarding incest like the example I gave of the mother and son. To me, incestuous relationships are just about on the same level as two dads having a son. Both these things are completely abnormal.
    Technology can be compared to the topic we're currently discussing, because that part of the debate said that gay parenting was wrong because it was unnatural, and that was an example of something else that is unnatural, but it's not wrong.

The fact that something happened while considered abnormal doesn't mean that one day it may become normal, there has to be another reason.
    How is it on the same level?
    Define abnormal? Why is abnormal bad? If abnormal is not bad, what exactly is your argument?

ReputationRep:
    What link? You haven't shown any link between incest and homosexuality at all.
    All you have done is say there is a link.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xcalibur)
    God designed it so that only a woman can give birth with a man. So why should homosexuals be able to have children?
    I know you've already received responses but also, do you wear clothes? Because God didn't design you with any.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, incest and homosexuality are not on the same level. One is a sexuality and one is an act. Sexuality exists regardless of whether or not it is acted upon whereas incest doesn't exist until an act is committed. So arguably they cannot be compared on the same level either.

Secondly, incest is not new to society. As I stated in an earlier post which you ignored incest and inappropriate attraction to family members has existed since time immemorial, it hasn't just popped up because society has become more accepting of other peoples sexuality. Incestuous acts where frowned upon then and still are today. Show me evidence where it's accepted as a societal norm.

Thirdly, homosexuality existed long before Abrahamic religion. Same sex unions were recognised and respected in some of the most powerful and advanced civilisations in history. All society is doing is reversing a wrong and a change that religion imposed upon civilisation.
    Religion swept across civilisations and took away the rights of a group of people (homosexuals). This is no different than a civilisation sweeping across another and taking slaves ( a group who also lost their rights ).

Even when the slave trade was abolished if you weren't white you where second class. Eventually through campaigning and people becoming less ignorant equality was achieved.

Similarly with homosexuals, even though they were no longer imprisoned (in Britain ) were still second class. They to are now having the rights that religion removed returned to them.

It is perfectly acceptable for someone to use an analogy regarding laptops in this argument. You cannot condemn something as "unnatural" but advocate the use of entirely unnatural technologies, medical advancements etc. the moment you do that you lose all credibility. If you are against the "unnatural" then I suggest you forgo vaccinations, anaesthetics and go and live in a tech free community like the Amish. That way, although they may not agree with it, people could actually respect your argument regarding "unnatural".

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.