Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Photographer406)
    Has anyone else applied/got an offer for Film and Television Production or any others in the TFTV dept?
    I sent off my application for FTP on Monday and I got an email saying I've got an interview on the 26th, What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alveoli)
    I sent off my application for FTP on Monday and I got an email saying I've got an interview on the 26th, What about you?
    My interview is then aswell!! Well done, maybe I'll see you there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovehistory)
    Congratulations on your offer from Manchester! My predicted grades are AAB (the B being in history) so I think I might have a problem there I'm also applying to Lancaster, UEA, Newcastle and Liverpool.
    Hey, I just had an offer from York today for history and politics! Wondered if you'd heard anything given that we've spoken before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alveoli)
    mines on that day too! Do they give out offers for film and tv production without an interview? I can't wait, but i'm pretty nervous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MPKent8934)
    Hey, I just had an offer from York today for history and politics! Wondered if you'd heard anything given that we've spoken before?
    Congratulations! That's great news!! No, I haven't heard anything! I feel like I am waiting for a rejection I have an offer of ABB from Liverpool and an unconditional from UEA so I'm very happy York is still my favourite!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovehistory)
    Congratulations! That's great news!! No, I haven't heard anything! I feel like I am waiting for a rejection I have an offer of ABB from Liverpool and an unconditional from UEA so I'm very happy York is still my favourite!
    Yeah I loved it on the open day so really glad I got an offer, it felt like it was taking forever Congrats on your offers too - getting an unconditional must feel great!

Good luck with York - no news is good news because you haven't had a rejection!

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know if York usually interview for English lit./Philosophy?

I live in Kent so it would be a long way to travel haha.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for physics who has an interview? Mine is on the 24th of november

ReputationRep:
    Applied to York for Physics with Astrophysics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N Kay)
    Thinking of applying to York, Surrey or Exeter for Criminology and Sociology. Can't decide which is best since I've never visited them
    Went on the Open Day, York seems to be an absolutely amazing place to study; but it also depends on whether you like their course content as well. Heard so much about Exeter as well, difficult choice I agree

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Biochemistry! Really want to go there; the Bio and Chem departments are equally amazing. Did my calculations and apparently more than 1000 people applied for the degree and 48 people went at the end?!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for history! Still haven't heard back but I no one else I know who has applied for history there has heard back so no worries. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Offer for French and Italian - AAB!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draculina)
    Offer for French and Italian - AAB!
    Congrats!

My interview for york is next week monday, so nervous haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity_4652)
    Congrats!

My interview for york is next week monday, so nervous haha
    Thanks! Good luck, I'm sure you'll ace it! What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draculina)
    Thanks! Good luck, I'm sure you'll ace it! What are you applying for?
    theoretical physics

ReputationRep:
    Sent off my application last Tuesday. So far all I've had is an email saying that they've received my application and are considering (this word is the bane of my life right now). I've been checking UCAS almost religiously and was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes for them to get back to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rando)
    Sent off my application last Tuesday. So far all I've had is an email saying that they've received my application and are considering (this word is the bane of my life right now). I've been checking UCAS almost religiously and was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes for them to get back to you?
    i got my interview invitation one day after the i received the 1st email from from them

so it depends on many things tbh

try not to feel so anxious though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity_4652)
    i got my interview invitation one day after the i received the 1st email from from them

so it depends on many things tbh

try not to feel so anxious though!
    Well it's early days yet, but I suppose it'll be easier the longer I have to wait. haha
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rando)
    Well it's early days yet, but I suppose it'll be easier the longer I have to wait. haha
    Thanks!
    no prob! good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.