Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Need advice on this asap really.

Is it worth applying for Politics and International Relations at LSE (requires AAA), if I'm applying for ESPS/Politics and French style courses at other places? My personal statement focuses mainly on politics but there is a fair amount of French-related stuff in it as well.

I got AAAAB in AS levels (Politics, Economics, French, Critical Thinking, English Lit) and I'm predicted A*A*A (French, Economics, Politics in that order), with 5A*s, 4As and 1B at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GandalfWhite)
    You guys are so hopeful. But will soon find out it is a much longer process. There's like at least a thousand of 'equally qualified you' for 100 places. LSE does not make offers to the first 100 who qualifies, lol. The 1000 is whittled down to 500 strong candidates, say, then further down to 250, who then get offers. Don't get too excited. There are more emails to come.
    Yeah I've pushed LSE and Cambridge from my mind. Won't hear back from both of them until after Christmas. Just looking at Warwick and UCL for now tho. I just want A offer so I know I'm going somewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Lord)
    Need advice on this asap really.

Is it worth applying for Politics and International Relations at LSE (requires AAA), if I'm applying for ESPS/Politics and French style courses at other places? My personal statement focuses mainly on politics but there is a fair amount of French-related stuff in it as well.

I got AAAAB in AS levels (Politics, Economics, French, Critical Thinking, English Lit) and I'm predicted A*A*A (French, Economics, Politics in that order), with 5A*s, 4As and 1B at GCSE.
    I applied for Politics and Philosophy as well as ESPS/ similar courses at other universities. Linked it all in the PS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Yeah I've pushed LSE and Cambridge from my mind. Won't hear back from both of them until after Christmas. Just looking at Warwick and UCL for now tho. I just want A offer so I know I'm going somewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aaaaaaaah, I know you're absolutely right, but still, you sort of wonder, you know?
    Yeah, but I should be prepared for rejections and really, reaaally long waits!
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Econ at Warwick, UCL, LSE, E&M at Oxford, and also Econometrics and Mathematical Economics at LSE. How does LSE view applying to both those courses? I wouldn't mind doing either but Econometrics would probably be my first choice out of all of them.

ReputationRep:
    Applied to LSE for Economic History and Economics and Economic History anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just put in my app yesterday for Anthropology BSc, predicted A*AB, got an email about ten this morning to confirm they'll have got back to me within twelve weeks 😟. Anyone else applying for the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gcseboy1997)
    Applied to LSE for Economic History and Economics and Economic History anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Economics and Economic History too! i sent my app on oct 9th and received the 2 week email on the 14th! How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrypotterfan6)
    Economics and Economic History too! i sent my app on oct 9th and received the 2 week email on the 14th! How about you?
    I'm doing straight Econ :/ going to have to wait a long time to hear anything concrete

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone any idea why management is AAB??

ReputationRep:
    Is 1A* 8A 1B vastly off the mark in terms of LSE entry requirements ?
    AS
    History A
    English Literature A
    Chemistry A
    Mathematics A
    Or is an application worth a shot.

ReputationRep:
    Got my 2 week e-mail from them on Monday for Economics and Economic History, what other courses are people applying for Economics and Economic History applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm so confused.
    I'm applying for economics and they sent the 'two week email'.
    What is the whole process?
    What is this questionnaire, if its like the SAQ I will shoot myself.

ReputationRep:
    Sent it on the 13th and received it on the 14th too really want to get in to either course!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmelinelu)
    I'm so confused.
    I'm applying for economics and they sent the 'two week email'.
    What is the whole process?
    What is this questionnaire, if its like the SAQ I will shoot myself.
    I got an email saying 2 weeks but no questionnaire

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get a questionnaire

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am IFP student! I wish to apply for bsc in Economics in LSE for 2015. But I heard that most of the foundation programme students need to sit for the entrance exam and it's a hard paper ): is it true?

ReputationRep:
    Today is the last day of my second week. Has anyone received an update after the two week email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimmyElectron)
    Today is the last day of my second week. Has anyone received an update after the two week email?
    I received a request for my math grade, my teacher had to send it. That's the only thing.

ReputationRep:
    Just sent off my questionnaire.. 8 weeks is what the email said. received a 2 week email, another 2 week email and now an 8 week email! I think that's the last one before a decision as the first email stated max. 12 weeks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.