Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lxh524)
    is there anywhere this information is available or was that on an open day?
    They gave it out post interview, in a letter. Interesting process they use.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many applicants were interviewed this year? I know it's all done now as far as I'm concerned but I can't resist trying to calculate what my chances of an offer are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jane1296)
    Does anyone know how many applicants were interviewed this year? I know it's all done now as far as I'm concerned but I can't resist trying to calculate what my chances of an offer are!
    I think the chances are 1 in 3 but don't know the actual numbers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gigabyte)
    I think the chances are 1 in 3 but don't know the actual numbers
    Thanks. I've heard 1 in 2 from some sources as well!

ReputationRep:
    250 interviews but I expect closer to 200 were interviewed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    250 interviews but I expect closer to 200 were interviewed.
    Thanks. I have realised that Nottingham have an offer/rejection/waiting list system so I may end up on TWO universities' waiting lists until September. I am already on one list. The torture!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when we're expecting replies, I saw in the A100 thread there seemed to be a correlation between interview date and reply? I keep checking my emails every 30secs for a UCAS reply, the wait is tortuous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Letter in the post, should have it by April 17th. I wouldn't expect anything until Fri earliest, but more likely mid-week next week before we receive anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat1217)
    Does anyone know when we're expecting replies, I saw in the A100 thread there seemed to be a correlation between interview date and reply? I keep checking my emails every 30secs for a UCAS reply, the wait is tortuous!

(Original post by Zorg)
    Letter in the post, should have it by April 17th. I wouldn't expect anything until Fri earliest, but more likely mid-week next week before we receive anything.
    Yeah, they said we'd receive a letter with feedback etc. before track was updated so i'd be more nervous about your letterbox than your inbox haha (I know I am).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    i thought they finished interviewing on 17th April and we would hear within 2 weeks after that? But nervous now I know it might be sooner!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmalou87)
    i thought they finished interviewing on 17th April and we would hear within 2 weeks after that? But nervous now I know it might be sooner!
    I think you're right, according to the letter anyway

ReputationRep:
    I think the letter could have been interpreted both ways, I thought they were saying they'd let us know by the 17th, my mum read it and thought it meant the last interview was the 17th and then two weeks after.

Is there anyone who hasn't been interviewed yet?

ReputationRep:
    Nope I asked them and they finished interviewing on Weds. Plan was for Thurs 2nd to be the last day of interviews but people had declined.

ReputationRep:
    I was there on the 31st and the guy told me that the day after would be the last day. I also interpreted the letter as that we would hear BY April 17th.

I'm going back to uni so my parents will have to give me the good or bad news! At least I won't have to break it to them if it's a no.... agh. It's so hard to revise for finals when I can't stop thinking about the interview!

Edit: ...yep the day after the 31st is the Wednesday the 1st. There were actually 3 people who didn't come to my interview slot. I guess many have offers by now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kateamelia)
    I was there on the 31st and the guy told me that the day after would be the last day. I also interpreted the letter as that we would hear BY April 17th.

I'm going back to uni so my parents will have to give me the good or bad news! At least I won't have to break it to them if it's a no.... agh. It's so hard to revise for finals when I can't stop thinking about the interview!

Edit: ...yep the day after the 31st is the Wednesday the 1st. There were actually 3 people who didn't come to my interview slot. I guess many have offers by now.
    I was on the first cohort on the first day and two didn't show - they hadn't called either. Pretty poor really as we waited for them for while, they must have recieved offers elsewhere?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    First day, second lot I think. 1 called to say he wasn't attending, a further three simply did not turn up. Rather rude. Needless to say, our interview was a bit sparse.

ReputationRep:
    My group of 7 is starting to look really big.

ReputationRep:
    Hey-ho! Less people showing up increases the odds of an offer I guess!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on the 27th, and I called ahead to say that I couldn't make the early interview (coming from London), there was a free slot in both the afternoon sessions and neither of them turned up.

I think it's rude to not at least call...

Edit - I had a check of last year's results, we knew by the 10th I think it was. - *and* my interview was in April, so it wasn't two weeks before I got my answer.

If they're in the post, we could know by Friday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jane1296)
    Thanks. I have realised that Nottingham have an offer/rejection/waiting list system so I may end up on TWO universities' waiting lists until September. I am already on one list. The torture!!
    I'm curious as to how this works. If you're on SGUL waiting list, they don't give you deferred entry any more - so if you're on, you've either got to turn down everything you have, or wait. That means they're going to end up with a waiting list of people who don't have places at other unis (or *reeeeaaaallly value SGUL and are willing to take a chance*)

Do Notts give waiting list deferred entry?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.