Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask a Muslim who is questioning his faith anything Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Seems awfully convenient.

So when things go bad, it's unlucky but I'm guessing when things go well it's due to him. Such a convenient God.
    Your issue appears to be believing you are special enough to God that he should improve your life...

You need to stop seeing the religious perspective and leave it in the past. You can't be angry at God, it's completely absurd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Your issue appears to be believing you are special enough to God that he should improve your life...

You need to stop seeing the religious perspective and leave it in the past. You can't be angry at God, it's completely absurd.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why not? I've done everything he asked to a tee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Why not? I've done everything he asked to a tee.
    'He' being somebody who came up with enough dross to keep his army raiding the desert.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by TSA)
      Seems awfully convenient.

So when things go bad, it's unlucky but I'm guessing when things go well it's due to him. Such a convenient God.
      You seem to think that being a good muslim is memorising the full quran and praying 5 times a day..My definition of a muslim is a good human being, someone that has hope and believes even when things aren't right and is still able to accept defeat and carry on..I say this to make a point that when I really want something truly from the bottom of my heart I get it, now I havent memorised the quran or prayed five times a day, but I'm a muslim since I believe there's no god but Allah and my prophet is Muhammad SWT..thing is I dont except a great deal back even when I want something, I know that I cant always get it because Allah makes things happen for a reason and I've accepted that because I'm no angel.. and dont say I'm just lucky, if anything I'm unlucky

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by arfah)
      You seem to think that being a good muslim is memorising the full quran and praying 5 times a day..My definition of a muslim is a good human being, someone that has hope and believes even when things aren't right and is still able to accept defeat and carry on..I say this to make a point that when I really want something truly from the bottom of my heart I get it, now I havent memorised the quran or prayed five times a day, but I'm a muslim since I believe there's no god but Allah and my prophet is Muhammad SWT..thing is I dont except a great deal back even when I want something, I know that I cant always get it because Allah makes things happen for a reason and I've accepted that because I'm no angel.. and dont say I'm just lucky, if anything I'm unlucky

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Sharp, aren't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by jilal)
        Sharp, aren't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
        Not at all :flutter:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by arfah)

Posted from TSR Mobile
        No I don't. For the past few years I've carried out countless amount of voluntary work given God knows how much in charity and not just financially. I've made a conscious effort to be a good person, not swearing, avoiding situations which would result in me saying or doing things that are not of a very nice nature. I use to fast randomly throughout the year, in order to please Allah. I would walk down the street with my eyes glued to the floor in order to maintain any womans modesty. I'm not saying I'm a faultless or a shining example of a good person or the best muslim, I'm saying I've genuinely tried very very hard to be the best person and Muslim I can be, yet **** still seems to go the other way, not just once either, repeatedly again and again and again. I started off not expecting anything but you don't constantly expect **** things to happen to you, year after year. It's ****ing tiring being a good person.
        I cannot express in words how frustrated I feel.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by anonymous288)
        Allah always makes everything better
        Nah, he just lets a combination of Thor and Mars do the work and takes credit later

(Original post by TSA)
          No I don't. For the past few years I've carried out countless amount of voluntary work given God knows how much in charity and not just financially. I've made a conscious effort to be a good person, not swearing, avoiding situations which would result in me saying or doing things that are not of a very nice nature. I use to fast randomly throughout the year, in order to please Allah. I would walk down the street with my eyes glued to the floor in order to maintain any womans modesty. I'm not saying I'm a faultless or a shining example of a good person or the best muslim, I'm saying I've genuinely tried very very hard to be the best person and Muslim I can be, yet **** still seems to go the other way, not just once either, repeatedly again and again and again. I started off not expecting anything but you don't constantly expect **** things to happen to you, year after year. It's ****ing tiring being a good person.
          I cannot express in words how frustrated I feel.
          :rofl: I'm sorry but whatever you have done seems over the top to me, they're things i would usually not do, it seems like you're a muslim on the outside but you dont know how to be one on the inside I've always felt muslim at heart, maybe you haven't felt like that yet..it's a brilliant feeling!! once you have it, you realise why Allah is doing what he is :adore:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by arfah)
          :rofl: I'm sorry but whatever you have done seems over the top to me, they're things i would usually not do, it seems like you're a muslim on the outside but you dont know how to be one on the inside I've always felt muslim at heart, maybe you haven't felt like that yet..it's a brilliant feeling!! once you have it, you realise why Allah is doing what he is :adore:

Posted from TSR Mobile
          So I shouldn't be living like the Quran and sunnah dictates? I wouldn't say I was being a Muslim on the outside and not the inside, I wasn't doing it so I would look good in front of fellow Muslims, friend and family.
          How would I be a Muslim on the inside.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by arfah)
          Not at all :flutter:

Posted from TSR Mobile
          You're cunning and mischevious, you always seem to know what's going on..how do you do it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by TSA)
            So I shouldn't be living like the Quran and sunnah dictates? I wouldn't say I was being a Muslim on the outside and not the inside, I wasn't doing it so I would look good in front of fellow Muslims, friend and family.
            How would I be a Muslim on the inside.
            No you should be living as a muslim in the 21st century :lol: The quran was written so far back, customs were very different, we can't possible adapt to every single thing in the Quran, You are so confused I'm not saying you were disguising as a muslim, just trying to say you're not truly 'believing' in Allah... I think you need lessons on how to be a muslim on the inside, since you are so lost brother

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by jilal)
              You're cunning and mischevious, you always seem to know what's going on..how do you do it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
              I'm not, stop accusing me:huff:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
              (Original post by arfah)
              No you should be living as a muslim in the 21st century :lol: The quran was written so far back, customs were very different, we can't possible adapt to every single thing in the Quran, You are so confused I'm not saying you were disguising as a muslim, just trying to say you're not truly 'believing' in Allah... I think you need lessons on how to be a muslim on the inside, since you are so lost brother

Posted from TSR Mobile
              Wait so I shouldn't be living like the Quran and sunnah dictates? So why was I told constantly whilst being bought up that, that is what I should do (Live like the prophet and sahabas) and any deviation from that is wrong.
              I still have no idea what you mean when you say believe on the inside.

ReputationRep:
              (Original post by arfah)

Posted from TSR Mobile
              You are!! Also a very beautiful woman :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
              (Original post by jilal)

Posted from TSR Mobile
              (Original post by arfah)

Posted from TSR Mobile
              Could we keep the flirting off the topic please.

(Original post by TSA)
                Wait so I shouldn't be living like the Quran and sunnah dictates? So why was I told constantly whilst being bought up that, that is what I should do (Live like the prophet and sahabas) and any deviation from that is wrong.
                I still have no idea what you mean when you say believe on the inside.
                You haven't been brought up properly, asian parents are*** No offence..most of them dont know what the heck they're on about with religion I think! :no: hmmm childhood experiences affect your adult personality, no wonder you're like this, poor kid.. Well I tried to explain to you but it's kind of hard, since something like that isn't logical and happens gradually

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by jilal)

Posted from TSR Mobile
                  You're fasting, have some shame Jilal

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by jilal)

Posted from TSR Mobile
                    You're fasting, have some shame

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
                    (Original post by arfah)
                    You're fasting, have some shame

Posted from TSR Mobile
                    I got the first time and I dont have any

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
                  What newspaper do you read/prefer?
                  Useful resources
                  AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
                • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
                  Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.