Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's unfair we have to wait this long. My body feels some kind of butterfly feeling when thinking about results day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invest)
    It's unfair we have to wait this long. My body feels some kind of butterfly feeling when thinking about results day
    I must say, I think it's pretty unfair we have to wait this long and A-Level students as well as IB students get theres a lot earlier... I mean I understand why because of University and stuff but still. It just makes you think that there's no reason for it being so long if the other two qualifications can be done like 10 days and more, earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idomaths)
    GCSEs don't matter!
    They do. Simple explanation in an easy to understand example:

If you didn't have GCSE Mathematics, you would surely not be able to do A-Level Mathematics and then, depending on your other options, Engineering will not be open to you, nor will many Science degrees and in some cases, Medicine.

If no one cared about their GCSEs and failed them all, we would soon be running out of doctors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toxic_Legends)
    Talking about results.. am I the only one here that has nightmares about opening GCSE results?
    Absolutely not. And that was June. Now i am plagued in the daytime too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie-3)
    Absolutely not. And that was June. Now i am plagued in the daytime too
    I guess, I'm not so weird after all! :s

how bad have your nightmares been? ;ooo

ReputationRep:

Well, one was relatively okay in that i got a T for troll (potterhead much?) in all except one which was an O (outstanding). The second was considerable worse in that on BBC news David Cameron comes on to congratulate all students, with all these happy, cheerful, high school musical-esque teens celebrating around him. Until of course, he looks deadpan into the eye and says, "But of course, every year there is that one loser who's results are so atrocious they are not even worth paper and ink to be printed out. every generation has someone to let down the kingdom like you [my full name] daughter of [parents' name]. And i could feel the eyes of the country, baring into my soul, alerting me to their disappointment.

Summer's been tough...

ReputationRep:

I have had a couple too! And daydreams...

ReputationRep:
    Well, one was relatively okay in that i got a T for troll (potterhead much?) in all except one which was an O (outstanding). The second was considerable worse in that on BBC news David Cameron comes on to congratulate all students, with all these happy, cheerful, high school musical-esque teens celebrating around him. Until of course, he looks deadpan into the eye and says, "But of course, every year there is that one loser who's results are so atrocious they are not even worth paper and ink to be printed out. every generation has someone to let down the kingdom like you [my full name] daughter of [parents' name]. And i could feel the eyes of the country, baring into my soul, alerting me to their disappointment.

Summer's been tough...

Aawwh this comment made my day (or night even) bless youu Im relieved im not the only one having crazy dreams about results day... I'm even having dreams about going to sixth form :eek:

And I LOVE the fact that you are a Potterhead :hugs:
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Run to the end of the campsite that has Wi-Fi with my iPad, refresh my emails repeatedly, aggressively click on the PDF and collapse on the floor in relief.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer Rose;49547827

And I LOVE the fact that you are a Potterhead [s
    )

hugs[/s]
    You mean there are others like me? :ahhhhh::bban:

ReputationRep:
    You mean there are others like me? :ahhhhh::bban:
    I am also a Potterhead!

ReputationRep:
    GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for? 3a*s, 5as, 3bs, 1c

What are you expecting? 1a*, 2as, 5bs, 4cs

Will you be satisfied with your expectation? nope

How will you open them? as quickly as i can

How will you celebrate / react? react badly

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer? hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by day_z)
    GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for? 3a*s, 5as, 3bs, 1c

What are you expecting? 1a*, 2as, 5bs, 4cs

Will you be satisfied with your expectation? nope

How will you open them? as quickly as i can

How will you celebrate / react? react badly

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer? hopefully
    Good luck pal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayJay-C19)
    Good luck pal!
    thank you! you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayJay-C19)
    I am also a Potterhead!
    We need to start a HP thread ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    We need to start a HP thread ASAP.

YES! Lead the way young muggle.

ReputationRep:
    Are the people saying they're expecting 7+ A*s trolls? There's no way this many people can be that smart. I mean I always thought I was kind of bright too (compared to the rest of my school at least. )I'm realistically expecting 4 A*s. 5 at a push but seeing all of you guys commenting claiming to be expecting straight A* grades makes me feel dumb and feel like I didn't try hard enough. Although if there's any of you really that clever and aren't just trolling, how on earth are you able to retain all that information??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    Are the people saying they're expecting 7+ A*s trolls? There's no way this many people can be that smart. I mean I always thought I was kind of bright too (compared to the rest of my school at least. )I'm realistically expecting 4 A*s. 5 at a push but seeing all of you guys commenting claiming to be expecting straight A* grades makes me feel dumb and feel like I didn't try hard enough. Although if there's any of you really that clever and aren't just trolling, how on earth are you able to retain all that information??
    Not trolling. It isn't about retaining information. Once you understand it to a comfortable level of knowledge, it isn't merely memorisation anymore. You just know it.
    Edit: also, remember that people on tsr are more likely to talk about their grades if they're really good. It isn't a fair sample to just look at these grades
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superdarklord)
    Not trolling. It isn't about retaining information. Once you understand it to a comfortable level of knowledge, it isn't merely memorisation anymore. You just know it.
    Edit: also, remember that people on tsr are more likely to talk about their grades if they're really good. It isn't a fair sample to just look at these grades
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good point... although usually there's only a handful of people who get straight A*s in an entire community let alone school. Here it feels like every other person is doing it. Surely alot of people on here must be lying then. My A*s will probably be maths (already got) physics chemistry biology and hopefully computer science. As you can see I'm pretty limited. I can't imagine finding time to revise all of those to A* standard in addition to geography history french ect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    Good point... although usually there's only a handful of people who get straight A*s in an entire community let alone school. Here it feels like every other person is doing it. Surely alot of people on here must be lying then. My A*s will probably be maths (already got) physics chemistry biology and hopefully computer science. As you can see I'm pretty limited. I can't imagine finding time to revise all of those to A* standard in addition to geography history french ect.
    In my school maybe 1/2 will achieve like 7+ A*s, that's what I'm personally hoping for too if I'm honest.
    Perhaps people are lying, it is the internet after all though and you must be pretty sad to lie to strangers about grades
    I don't know about others, but when I revise I just revise to be fully prepared, I would see no point revising if I didn't revise to a potentially A* standard. There's no difference between A* standard and being prepared I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.