The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I have a score of 41/52 should i consider applying here or is it to risky? Currently my choices are plymouth, HYMS, UEA and bristol? should I swap any of my choices for here or not?
Original post by CocoBandicoot
I have a score of 41/52 should i consider applying here or is it to risky? Currently my choices are plymouth, HYMS, UEA and bristol? should I swap any of my choices for here or not?

dont unless you really want to study here.
Original post by beansontoast92
What are your scores of u don't mind me asking?

I know it is risky:/, it's either Nottingham or liverpool. Lots of extremely low UKCAT ppl will apply to liverpool to competition there will increase, and I'm not sure where else I can apply, any suggestions?

Ohh no I have resat 2 modules in biology and 3 modules in maths (both within 2 years though), will this mean I'll be rejected then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no idea abt the resits man :/. And I am a 1st year
Original post by boods8897
I have. My first choice uni! Hopefully there will be less applicants then :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha I doubt that. I was at the admission office today and there are soo many people calling its insane :O
EDIT: okay, not insane but they are people calling
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Nottie

haha I doubt that. I was at the admission office today and there are soo many people calling its insane :O
EDIT: okay, not insane but they are people calling

Urgh it was just my wishful thinking! Feeling like there are so many better people applying to all my choices from what I've seen on here that there won't be much chance for me :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Urgh it was just my wishful thinking! Feeling like there are so many better people applying to all my choices from what I've seen on here that there won't be much chance for me :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Felt the same way last year abt Nottingham
Hello fellow applicants! Just wondering, if anyone knows whether there is still going to be a questionnaire this year as it hasn't been mentioned on the acknowledgement emails I got today :/
Reply 265
Original post by jonesofmirkwood
Hello fellow applicants! Just wondering, if anyone knows whether there is still going to be a questionnaire this year as it hasn't been mentioned on the acknowledgement emails I got today :/

They said in the Open Day that there wouldn't be a questionnaire this year.
Original post by beansontoast92
What are your scores of u don't mind me asking?

I know it is risky:/, it's either Nottingham or liverpool. Lots of extremely low UKCAT ppl will apply to liverpool to competition there will increase, and I'm not sure where else I can apply, any suggestions?

Ohh no I have resat 2 modules in biology and 3 modules in maths (both within 2 years though), will this mean I'll be rejected then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sadly, Yes they only consider applicants for medicine who have a maximum of one module resit per subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know when Nottingham start sending out interviews?
Original post by MrStealYourGirl
Sadly, Yes they only consider applicants for medicine who have a maximum of one module resit per subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

okk thanks, good job i didnt apply here in the end :wink:
Original post by sanjana96
Does anyone know when Nottingham start sending out interviews?

first batch is around December and the rest around end of January onwards till mid February I guess.
Original post by Nottie
first batch is around December and the rest around end of January onwards till mid February I guess.

is that when they send emails inviting you to interview or when the interviews actually take place? thanks!
Original post by sanjana96
is that when they send emails inviting you to interview or when the interviews actually take place? thanks!

when your track tells you you have an interview invitation. Interview starts in early January I guess (?). Mine was at the end of February
Original post by Nottie

would be useful if people like you would stop providing incorrect information on here.

first interviews are w/c 5th Jan (TBC)
Original post by hukdealz
would be useful if people like you would stop providing incorrect information on here.

first interviews are w/c 5th Jan (TBC)

yeah, last year they said there are no early offer too :wink:
I had a dream last night that I got accepted to interview and then got offered a place... So disappointed when I woke up and realised it didn't really happen! :bawling:
I had a dream last night that I got accepted to interview and then got offered a place... So disappointed when I woke up and realised it didn't really happen! :bawling:

Had a dream like that too last year! About Brighton though
Reply 276
Has anyone rung/emailed to ask how many applications Nottingham received this year?
did anyone get the confirmation email today (actually, I got 4 of the same email for some reason) which began:

'Dear Applicant,

We are delighted to inform you...'

my heart was racing when I read that in my email previews
Original post by hukdealz
did anyone get the confirmation email today (actually, I got 4 of the same email for some reason) which began:

'Dear Applicant,

We are delighted to inform you...'

my heart was racing when I read that in my email previews

Yeah I was sat in a lesson, after the initial confirmation email from Nottingham, got an email from a real person, an admissions tutor! I almost fell out of my chair... Started reading it, exactly like the one you got, then cursed at my phone 'why are you delighted there's almost 3000 of us applying how does mine make you happy?'
:angry:
When does an interview/rejection usually come?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending