Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don'tMessThisUp)
    I had three of those last year. Three medical school panels looked me in the eye and said - 'you're ****e, get out'.

This year I have one offer so far, so that's nice.
    Can I just check with you guys, I know you can only get to 2 SGUL interviews, is it the same for Swansea or can you continue to apply to Swansea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosser1994)
    Can I just check with you guys, I know you can only get to 2 SGUL interviews, is it the same for Swansea or can you continue to apply to Swansea?
    I didn't do Swansea, I'm afraid, but I haven't heard of that.

ReputationRep:
    Wait listing is hard - don't you have to accept that you will 100% take the place, even if they don't offer it to you up until late summer?

I think if (IF) i was ever in that situation, I'd defer my Exeter place, and accept the waiting list. I want SGUL the most, so I'd be willing to wait.

GAH
    no i think for sgul they tell you by may if you have an offer or not, so you just wait to hear by then and your track is left waiting - are you thinking about swansea? theirs is a bit more complicated i think! Annoying as I have no idea about statistics and likelihood of getting an offer from the waiting list - but people are ranked on GAMSAT scores and i imagine mine was one of the lower ones for SGUL

ReputationRep:
    congrats! are you holding out for swansea?

ReputationRep:
    Rejected. Yet to hear from Exeter and two more interviews to come though so not all bad. Well done everyone who got an offer!

ReputationRep:
    Mother ****ER

Waiting list! Now what?!

ReputationRep:
    Rejection :emo:
    Ahh well, still another 2 chances yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PharmaGiles)
    Rejected. Yet to hear from Exeter and two more interviews to come though so not all bad. Well done everyone who got an offer!
    Well, hold out for Exeter, if other offers from other unis are coming through now, people are starting to pick their places.

If people could just decline their SGUL places right now, that would be *great*.

ReputationRep:
    Mother ****ER

Waiting list! Now what?!
    Come and join me, lets make t-shirts. It was an unexpected surprise for me but now I'm feeling a little lost! Do you think its possible to submit an FOI request relating to stats?

Edit: Just re-read the email and they cant give us any info. DAMN. Guess I'll just trawl through last years thread to see if anyone got in from the wait list..

ReputationRep:
    Wait listed thought it'd be an out right rejection so not too bad in fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceciafb)
    no i think for sgul they tell you by may if you have an offer or not, so you just wait to hear by then and your track is left waiting - are you thinking about swansea? theirs is a bit more complicated i think! Annoying as I have no idea about statistics and likelihood of getting an offer from the waiting list - but people are ranked on GAMSAT scores and i imagine mine was one of the lower ones for SGUL
    Urgh, I'm on the SGUL waiting list. But it's ranked by GAMSAT so with 68/69 I'm (fingers crossed) going to be nearer the top? But then what if it's full of 70s and 71s?

Can you find out where you are on the waiting list? Oh wait, no re-reading the email, you can't.

Buggery.

ReputationRep:
    Come and join me, lets make t-shirts. It was an unexpected surprise for me but now I'm feeling a little lost! Do you think its possible to submit an FOI request relating to stats?

Edit: Just re-read the email and they cant give us any info. DAMN. Guess I'll just trawl through last years thread to see if anyone got in from the wait list..
    Hahahahah, I just commented *exactly* the same thing.

Yeah, I can't imagine that many people turn down St G's. I think it's a bit iffy as well; you can't accept anywhere else, so what am I supposed to do, wait in limbo?

Also the standard for interviews must be so, so high.

Let me know if you find anything in the thread...

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, I'm on the SGUL waiting list. But it's ranked by GAMSAT so with 68/69 I'm (fingers crossed) going to be nearer the top? But then what if it's full of 70s and 71s?

Can you find out where you are on the waiting list? Oh wait, no re-reading the email, you can't.

Buggery.
    Well you're definitely way, waaaay above me! Sounds like you have a good shot! and I think most people have a favourite - some people favour swansea over st georges, on my interview day the current student I spoke to was waitlisted for swansea and got an SGUL offer but rejected it in favour of swansea - so it does happen

and yep, limbo it is!

I have two interviews left though and its at least given me a little bit of a boost! Now to stay conscious throughout these ones..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Wait listed thought it'd be an out right rejection so not too bad in fact.
    We have the same GAMSAT score so we'll be in exactly the same position ahhh!

ReputationRep:
    Well you're definitely way, waaaay above me! Sounds like you have a good shot!

and yep, limbo it is!

I have two interviews left though and its at least given me a little bit of a boost! Now to stay conscious throughout these ones..
    I have one interview left at Notts, but I've not accepted it yet. I think I'm going to now; because I thought a 4 year course would be better than a 5.

Damnit.

ReputationRep:
    We have the same GAMSAT score so we'll be in exactly the same position ahhh!
    What do they do in that situation, I wonder? Maybe rank it by sub-score?

What scores do you guys have, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Offer

ReputationRep:
    What do they do in that situation, I wonder? Maybe rank it by sub-score?

What scores do you guys have, if you don't mind me asking?
    63, and no idea - back to interview score maybe?

ReputationRep:
    63, and no idea - back to interview score maybe?
    Oh, maybe.

Way to make things complicated; SGUL.

63's a good score though.

There's got to be some kind of statistical analysis....

ReputationRep:
    Aahhhhhhh offerrrr!!!!!!!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.