Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you had to choose a TSR user as Prime Minister of the UK, who would you vote for? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Abdul-Karim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MostUncivilised)
    Why would I want to request one on you?

Leaving aside that the accusation was factually untrue, the motivation for raising it was not some sense of being a good TSR citizen, it was the hope that it would result in some kind of negative consequences, either for me or the person you believed to be me.

I'm sorry, that doesn't even make sense.

What I'm saying is that your response was deeply obnoxious; that because a few of you were offended by another user putting forward his views, you felt you could get him or me banned on the erroneous belief it might be me. And furthermore, because I disagree with you on that issue, you call into question the substantial work I do for the trade union movement.

If you take even two seconds to think about the motivation behind why you made those comments, then you'll realise how poorly it reflects on you and that it indicates that you and your fellow travellers are not interested in a free exchange of ideas. That thread demonstrated that the TSR government is cliquey, insecure, snide and mean-spirited.

And that is perhaps one reason so many TSRians are turned off the MHoC.

I joined the TSR Labour Party on the assumption that it was, on the whole, consistent with Labour policy. I was mistaken. Once I had been disabused of my misapprehension, I made the decision to leave. I didn't realise that I was still registered as a member of the Labour Party when I returned to TSR yesterday, and was searching posts mentioning me to see what I had missed. The Secret Communist government thread came up.

What do you mean I got "outvoted"? I didn't even make a proposal for you to change your policy. I found out what the policy was, and decided to leave the TSR Labour Party as a matter of principle. And then someone else raised that same issue. Your response ("Let's see if we can get him banned. Oh and he's not a real trade unionist because I disagree with him on this matter") was childish, completely lacking in collegiality and good faith, and it tells me everything I need to know about the TSR so-called Labour Party.

You can't really mean that, given what I'm seeking to do is cause the fall of the current TSR government. And disingenuousness doesn't suit you.
    Okay, I'm going to stop this because we've been going round in circles.

I am disappointed you feel so strongly about us, but I'm not going to be bitter. Good day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blues Clues)
    Abdul-Karim
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    QFA
    Dude, if you were reported to the Mods on suspicion of having created a dupe you wouldn't get automatically banned. They would check wether it was true and put in place appropriate sanctions if you were guilty. There's nothing wrong with making sure especially after we had a dupe-fiasco at the MHoC recently.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I partially agree with you, the calibre of users on the MHoC is poor, at best, in many cases. But the TSR Labour Party has been taken over by commie *******s who don't resemble the Labour Party in real life at all. They are basically communists who use the Labour brand to attract votes from TSRians who support Labour in real life, not knowing that they are Trotskyite fellow travellers.
    You know what a coalition is right?

I also came across a "Secret Communist government thread" in the restricted government area (pic attached for evidence)
    Obvious (private) joke is obvious (and private).

and they were talking about how to get me banned! Because they disagree with my views!
    ???

It's as much out of spite, but I want to make their lives hell, and I want to see the TSR Labour Party lose the next election to the Conservatives
    Treachery! :O
    lol

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Dude, if you were reported to the Mods on suspicion of having created a dupe you wouldn't get automatically banned. They would check wether it was true and put in place appropriate sanctions if you were guilty. There's nothing wrong with making sure especially after we had a dupe-fiasco at the MHoC recently.
    ohhh is that why mostuncivillsied got banned

tut tut

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.