Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

POLL: Do you get along with your own gender? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you get on with your own gender?
    I am a girl and yes I get on with girls
    26.42%
    I am a girl and no, I prefer boys or mixed groups
    22.26%
    I am a boy and yes I get on with boys
    35.47%
    I am a boy and no, I prefer girls or mixed groups
    15.85%

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't vote in your poll because the options aren't mutually exclusive. I do get along with girls and I do prefer mixed groups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomes89)
    From other posts though I've gathered you got a good education and you've ended up with a job related to your field, you have a boyfriend (?) and now some good female friends. Putting things into perspective you're doing well and there's no rational reason you should hate yourself or be anxious (although I know it's something you can't help). I see 'ruin' as permanent damage and although they did cause you a huge amount of grief, to put it lightly, you seem to have recovered your life for the most part.

And you if you have good female friends I imagine they weren't too different when they were girls growing up But fair enough if you prefer guy friends.
    Yeah it made me a lot more driven so that worked out well education wise, but I struggled to cope when a got a 2:1 at undergraduate, its things like that that set me off. My female friends all got on better with boys other than one, who was a target for bullies at uni due to her very extroverted nature! Were more the kind of people that got bullied rather than did the bullying

To be honest most of my closest friends come in couples now.

ReputationRep:
    I went to an all-girls school for the first half of my secondary school years, so I had girl friends. However, when I moved country and went to a mixed school, I had a hard time making friends with guys, so I only stuck with people of my gender.

Although I have more girl friends, I have a few guy friends, not a lot though. I like to get on with both genders and I make sure that I'm friends with the right person, e.g. I tend to stay away from those that like to ***** about other people. Sometimes I do wish I had more guy friends, just to keep the balance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    I don't prefer either gender for friends. But there are some subjects which I tend to talk about more with guys and vice versa. For example most girls I know are not interested that much in football so I wouldn't talk about that nearly as much as I would with male friends.

I feel as if some girls jump on the "girls are *****es so I prefer hanging out with guys" brigade because they think it makes them special or something.
    Spot on, precisely this. I'm exactly the same and think that some girls are hung up on the "girls are *****y" view. The girls who say this may need to broaden their horizons. My split is 50/50 and I have really good girl mates who get along really with each other and with me. There's little to no *****ing and though we sometimes argue, it never ends up in slating or mocking anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, all the girls I know are really nice. I get on better with them and I can connect with them. A lot of boys I know are very mean and disrespectful.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.