Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview for biochemistry with a year in industry at Manchester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crlynswkylyn)
    Helloooo
    I've received an offer from Manchester for Chemical Engineering
    Congratulations!

I've applied to Manchester for ChemEng Did you not have an interview? What was your offer?
    Sorry for all the questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Sophie-x)
    Congratulations!

I've applied to Manchester for ChemEng Did you not have an interview? What was your offer?
    Sorry for all the questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello!

We actually chatted with each other briefly in the Chemical Engineering Applicants forum hehe. I posted about my offer there earlier. I'm not sure if you remembered!

I'm an international applicant, so I had no interview. My offer's AAA and don't worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I see many people have received emails and were invited for interviews.. first of all, congrats! And then, should I be worried?

Also, I got an email in which they asked me to send them proof of my qualifications. Do they usually do this or... ?

ReputationRep:
    I've just been given an offer for mechanical engineering 4 years, without an interview is this normal ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pearsandbananas)
    Hello

I see many people have received emails and were invited for interviews.. first of all, congrats! And then, should I be worried?

Also, I got an email in which they asked me to send them proof of my qualifications. Do they usually do this or... ?
    Don't be worried. Some departments have done nothing yet (e.g. law and medicine), others have kept relatively quiet (e.g. nursing), and others are in full swing (e.g. politics). Even so, some people will have applied before you, and so will have been looked at first. If you've been waiting a while, worst case scenario is that you've been put onto the maybe pile, and so they'll decide later on when they've got a better idea of the number and calibre of candidates.

With regards to asking for proof of qualifications, if you're applying on a gap year, or with qualifications that aren't A Levels, this is pretty normal.

What subject are you applying for, and when did you send off your UCAS?

(Original post by amyymmmm)
    I've just been given an offer for mechanical engineering 4 years, without an interview is this normal ?
    Congratulations! The only other person on here that I know of to have a MechEng offer is ShayanM and they didn't mention having an interview, so it might just be normal.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! The only other person on here that I know of to have a MechEng offer is ShayanM and they didn't mention having an interview, so it might just be normal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks that's good to know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Don't be worried. Some departments have done nothing yet (e.g. law and medicine), others have kept relatively quiet (e.g. nursing), and others are in full swing (e.g. politics). Even so, some people will have applied before you, and so will have been looked at first. If you've been waiting a while, worst case scenario is that you've been put onto the maybe pile, and so they'll decide later on when they've got a better idea of the number and calibre of candidates.

With regards to asking for proof of qualifications, if you're applying on a gap year, or with qualifications that aren't A Levels, this is pretty normal.

What subject are you applying for, and when did you send off your UCAS?
    Okay, thank you so much!

I applied for Medicine and sent in on the 15th. I know it was stupid of me to wait until the last day, but I had some financial problems and..

Oh well.. Thank you again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pearsandbananas)
    Okay, thank you so much!

I applied for Medicine and sent in on the 15th. I know it was stupid of me to wait until the last day, but I had some financial problems and..

Oh well.. Thank you again
    I very much doubt that you're the only one who sent their application in on the 15th! If you head over to the medicine forum, you'll be able to find lots of other medicine applicants (Manchester and elsewhere) who are equally stressed about their UCAS!
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I got an invitation today to the pre-offer open day for Geology!! I sent my application last Wednesday, the main admissions tutor emailed me the next day, then this morning the admission tutor at SEAES emails to say they're considering my application and sent me an email this evening so happy

ReputationRep:
    conditional offer for PPE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlyHigh_er)
    I got an invitation today to the pre-offer open day for Geology!! I sent my application last Wednesday, the main admissions tutor emailed me the next day, then this morning the admission tutor at SEAES emails to say they're considering my application and sent me an email this evening so happy
    Congratulations!

(Original post by KANTtouchthis123)
    conditional offer for PPE
    Well done on your offer. I love your username!

ReputationRep:
    GUYS!!!!!

I got an offer for Law with Criminology today!!!!

Btw- this is my first offer from my 5 unis
    My conditional offer is ABB - Law with Criminology!!! UoM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliakhan)
    GUYS!!!!!

I got an offer for Law with Criminology today!!!!

Btw- this is my first offer from my 5 unis
    My conditional offer is ABB - Law with Criminology!!! UoM
    :woo: Many congratulations - I know that you were really worried about your Manchester offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    :woo: Many congratulations - I know that you were really worried about your Manchester offer!
    ikr?? !!! im just sooo happy right now, i dont think im gonna get any sleep! :mmm:

I guess my mum is right- All good things come to those who wait?? :-P :-$
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview for Zoology on the 20th !! Just one thing I can't confirm my interview, because the website says there is no record of it. Does anyone know what the problem is?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've got an interview for Chemical engineering in December. Does anyone know how the interview works? And do you guys have any tips? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    YES offer for social anthropology ABB yeeeeeeah buddy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueboa)
    I got an interview for Zoology on the 20th !! Just one thing I can't confirm my interview, because the website says there is no record of it. Does anyone know what the problem is?
    Not a clue what the problem might be, but I would suggest emailing the department.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turnedbrain)
    I don't think you need that much preparation! Any Nerdfighter is naturally awesome! Yet, for some reason, I still wake up every morning two hours earlier than necessary to revise chemistry and biology.

How did you get into Nerdfighteria?
    Wow, that's commitment! I tried to do that once, but getting up is too damn hard.

Watched YouTube, found John and Hank, loved them - pretty standard.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.