Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    Have you thought about having (a) favourite team(s)?
    Basketball is unique in a sense that it's a team sport, but a superstar can literally take over a game which is why there's more emphasis on favourite players.
    Well back in the day I used to use phoenix suns in NBA live. If anything I'd say they're my favourite team.

Do they show basketball on sky btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Well back in the day I used to use phoenix suns in NBA live. If anything I'd say they're my favourite team.

Ahhh with Charles Barkley in the 90s or Steve Nash in the late 00s?

I think they do occasionally, could be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    Ahhh with Charles Barkley in the 90s or Steve Nash in the late 00s?

I think they do occasionally, could be wrong.
    Yeah I liked both. Steve Nash especially. Shame that Phoenix have never won a championship despite getting to the finals twice.

They used to show playoffs round 2010 on channel 5. I think it was around the time Kobe and Lebron started going HAM. Also they showed the all star weekend and Nate Robinson jumped over Dwight Howard to dunk and Howard did a 10 ft dunk :moon:

ReputationRep:

Basketball is on BT Sport a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Or just get an account on bet fair if you haven't got BT. They show all the small markets team which is convenient given that all the small markets teams are the most exciting to watch right now.

Brb showing Raptors @ rip city but no showing lala @ nuggets :coma:

Lowry choke though :cry:

ReputationRep:

I think SVG should win Coach of the Year after this

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps Kobe should retire? Injury after injury now at his advanced age.

ReputationRep:
    Klay thompson was on NBA game sliders to the max mode yesterday...

ReputationRep:
    Who is watching the all star game?

Think Christina Aguilera would have done better on the star spangled banner. Needed more verve in it, was too soft from queen latifa tbh.

Can't wait for the game.

ReputationRep:
    Westbrook went HAM that half.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Westbrook went HAM that half.
    Yeah he did.

Looks like Lebron is gonna beat Kobe's record looking at it. This is the highest scoring all star game in history right?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he did.

Looks like Lebron is gonna beat Kobe's record looking at it. This is the highest scoring all star game in history right?
    Not yet, last years was in the 160's range if if remember correctly but I think itll probably fall today lol

ReputationRep:
    Totally blindsided by these trades!! KG back in Minnesota isn't too big a surprise but shocked that the Suns got rid of Thomas as well as Tragic, damn.....hope Bledsoe will be able to mesh well with his new teammates. I know a lot of people hate him but I hate that Perkins is now with the Jazz, maybe not the best player but I love him too much to see him on a nobody team like the Jazz

this season

ReputationRep:
      Derrick Rose meniscus tear again,

"The Rose that never bloomed"

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Malevolent)
      Derrick Rose meniscus tear again,

"The Rose that never bloomed"
      It was inevitable I guess. I never really got to see Rose at his best and it looks like I never will. At least I saw one of his few 30 point games against Lillard a few months back.

They said that they warned him that the miniscus has a strong likelihood to tear again after op and this tear isn't as bad as the last time, so there's a possibility we could see him return later on this season

lol the return to the hospital

ReputationRep:
        Hopefully he won't be out as long.

But Lebron james. Hot damn...

ReputationRep:
        Watching Chicago vs Grizzlies, looking good so far. Looks like Marc Gasol winning the battle of the brothers atm.

ReputationRep:
        Marc Gasol going HAM. 15 points in the 3rd quarter.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.