The join has been made

Team name: Hayat Heroes
    Saf 2: return of the bottler

ReputationRep:
    Who won last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Saf 2: return of the bottler
    It's cool all I need is more than a hundred point lead and that should be enough to keep me from losing this time. I'm aiming for a 200 point gap by Feb.

(Original post by Qari)
    Who won last year
    Does it really matter who won? These are minor details, what's important is that Colbert didn't win and I beat him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  47.3 KB

I'm confident already!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Made some appropriate changes ,
    Pelle instead of Lambert
    Shelvey instead of Barry
    Collocini instead of Dawson
    De Gea instead of Howard ( a painful decision as an Everton fan)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mccrae01)
    Made some appropriate changes ,
    Pelle instead of Lambert
    Shelvey instead of Barry
    Collocini instead of Dawson
    De Gea instead of Howard ( a painful decision as an Everton fan)
    What's your view on your starting centre backs? I've been told that Stones is likely to be first choice. Is there any truth in this? I quite like the kid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBallWinner)
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  47.3 KB

I'm confident already!
    Class team. Did you see my post regarding the money league then?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know whether Odemwingie will be a regular starter? He's a striker but classed as a midfielder on FF which makes him very tempting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf94)
    It's cool all I need is more than a hundred point lead and that should be enough to keep me from losing this time. I'm aiming for a 200 point gap by Feb.

Does it really matter who won? These are minor details, what's important is that Colbert didn't win and I beat him

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I take it you lost.
    I'm sure you were first won't you

ReputationRep:
    500 post count you say? Hmm. I'm more of a lurker but would like to get in on this!

ReputationRep:
    What are people's thoughts on Arsenal attackers? Everyone seems to have one of Sanchez, Ramsey or Ozil and I personally don't. I would love Sanchez but he is too expensive as I like 3 good strikers (Rooney, Costa, Adebayor) and I could put in Ramsey for Mata (or maybe Eriksen) but both have great fixtures and I don't really want to. I would only be doing it to cover Arsenal players getting loads of points.
    Do you think an Arsenal attacker is a must have, or should I stick to who I think will do well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Doran)
    What are people's thoughts on Arsenal attackers? Everyone seems to have one of Sanchez, Ramsey or Ozil and I personally don't. I would love Sanchez but he is too expensive as I like 3 good strikers (Rooney, Costa, Adebayor) and I could put in Ramsey for Mata (or maybe Eriksen) but both have great fixtures and I don't really want to. I would only be doing it to cover Arsenal players getting loads of points.
    Do you think an Arsenal attacker is a must have, or should I stick to who I think will do well?
    Personally I think Giroud is a good buy if you're looking for a cheaper Arsenal option.

I'm going with Sanchez though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    Class team. Did you see my post regarding the money league then?
    Yeah mate, sorry.

I'll set up a PayPal tommorrow or add my new bank card or whatever I have to do. No major rush is there? Been a bit busy starting a new job that's all.

How many teams are in so far and how many last season?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBallWinner)
    Yeah mate, sorry.

I'll set up a PayPal tommorrow or add my new bank card or whatever I have to do. No major rush is there? Been a bit busy starting a new job that's all.

How many teams are in so far and how many last season?

Thanks.
    Nah, no rush really. That's fine, there's just two of us right now. Last season was about 10 but £5 entry. This year it's £10 but hoping to get around the same no. of players.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Doran)
    My worry about not owning Sanchez is that everyone has him, so if he gets off to a good start you'll be behind and it'll be harder to bring him in. Whereas if he does badly, it'll be far easier to take him out and upgrade somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    Walcott and Ozil are better value than Ramsey, but Ramsey will start better. Currently have Sanchez. He'll clearly do well but part of it is also covering other people owning him.

ReputationRep:
    I'm skeptical about Sanchez for his first few games at least. I don't beleive in "struggling to adapt to the English game" rubbish, specially as most arent even English! I just have a funny feeling about him at Arsenal, it seems too perfect in a way. Arsenal play sort of similar to Barca in terms of the posession game and Sanchez did well at Barca, did well at the world cup in the Chile team which is more about physicality than posession so he seems flexible but I juuuuuuusssssstttttt have a funny feeling he may try to over compensate to click with the rest of the squad and may end up guilty of trying to walk it into the net tactics instead of his natural game.

I've got Hazard and Sterling on my wings.

ReputationRep:
    What are your opinions on my team (so far.) subject to change everyday until the season begins:

Mingolet/Krul

Danny Simpson, Jagielka, John Terry, Zabaleta, Evans.

Ince, Henderson, Yaya, Siem De Jong. Nolan.

Sturridge Giroud Agbonlahor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    My worry about not owning Sanchez is that everyone has him, so if he gets off to a good start you'll be behind and it'll be harder to bring him in. Whereas if he does badly, it'll be far easier to take him out and upgrade somewhere else.
    I'm not really considering Sanchez because there are so many good midfield options for 9m it seems like a waste getting him. I never like having more than 1 player who is just there to sit on the bench because I think long term, rotation works best so I will not have 2 crap players just to get Sanchez when I could have 1 decent(ish) player and get Ramsey, Fabregas or Mata instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amphiprion)
    I'm skeptical about Sanchez for his first few games at least. I don't beleive in "struggling to adapt to the English game" rubbish, specially as most arent even English! I just have a funny feeling about him at Arsenal, it seems too perfect in a way. Arsenal play sort of similar to Barca in terms of the posession game and Sanchez did well at Barca, did well at the world cup in the Chile team which is more about physicality than posession so he seems flexible but I juuuuuuusssssstttttt have a funny feeling he may try to over compensate to click with the rest of the squad and may end up guilty of trying to walk it into the net tactics instead of his natural game.

I've got Hazard and Sterling on my wings.
    I thought about Sterling but he just seemed like too much at 8.5. Might suffer rotation with the influx of mids and europe nights? And he probably won't be on any set pieces either.

(Original post by Vintage)
    What are your opinions on my team (so far.) subject to change everyday until the season begins:

Mingolet/Krul

Danny Simpson, Jagielka, John Terry, Zabaleta, Evans.

Ince, Henderson, Yaya, Siem De Jong. Nolan.

Sturridge Giroud Agbonlahor.
    Begovic/DDG/Lloris for Mingolet and Arnautovic/Sigurdsson for Nolan would be my choices.
    And maybe there's a query over Zabaleta being eased back in due to how deep he went into the WC? I guess preseason will tell more.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.