Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oreoenthusiast)
    My average is 94, which seems to pale in comparison to all the 95+ floating out there. I seem to be quite an average candidate for Econ at Cambridge. I think I read earlier on in this thread that you want to apply to Cambridge as well? What's your UMS average?

I'd like my fifth university to be an AAA offer university, that's the only thing I can think of.
    94 is good enough, trust me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    94 is good enough, trust me
    I sure hope so! Thank you though

ReputationRep:
    What are people's thoughts about lancaster uni for economics? I went to look the other day and I really liked it and they do a really good study abroad programme which entry requirements are A*AA. I know it's not the same as bath or nottingham etc and it's not Russell Group group however if I chose to go to Lancaster over Bath for instance would that really affect my future career and opportunities that much? (Don't want to go in to IB so don't think the "target" and "semi target" criteria would apply to me)
    Thanks😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My average is 94, which seems to pale in comparison to all the 95+ floating out there. I seem to be quite an average candidate for Econ at Cambridge. I think I read earlier on in this thread that you want to apply to Cambridge as well? What's your UMS average?

I'd like my fifth university to be an AAA offer university, that's the only thing I can think of.
    Ah I'm only a 93.2 average (still enough for autopool) eng lit pulled mine down a bit, which college are you thinking?

That's the same as what I'm doing, I'm going for leeds as my fifth

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Ah I'm only a 93.2 average (still enough for autopool) eng lit pulled mine down a bit, which college are you thinking?

That's the same as what I'm doing, I'm going for leeds as my fifth

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, congrats on getting into autopool Mechanics pulled my down :mad:

Not sure about what college. Maybe Selwyn? What about you? Leeds is a good choice I think

ReputationRep:
    Ah, congrats on getting into autopool Mechanics pulled my down :mad:

Not sure about what college. Maybe Selwyn? What about you? Leeds is a good choice I think
    Omg same actually m1 pulled my maths down I got 100 100 97 94 93 and then 80 in m1, it was my last exam though and I'm hoping it looks like an anomoly aha

Ooh I was torn between selwyn and queens, but I think I'm going to go for queens. Yeah I like leeds and plus there are so many places in the degree I'd hope I'd get an offer

ReputationRep:
    Omg same actually m1 pulled my maths down I got 100 100 97 94 93 and then 80 in m1, it was my last exam though and I'm hoping it looks like an anomoly aha

Ooh I was torn between selwyn and queens, but I think I'm going to go for queens. Yeah I like leeds and plus there are so many places in the degree I'd hope I'd get an offer
    Oh, it was my last exam too. But it wasn't an anomaly - I'm just awful at Mechanics

Queens is really nice as well. Yeah, you're certain to get an offer with your AS grades, I think!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, it was my last exam too. But it wasn't an anomaly - I'm just awful at Mechanics

Queens is really nice as well. Yeah, you're certain to get an offer with your AS grades, I think!!
    I'm pretty bad at it too, but I'll try and play it off as an anomaly :cool:

Ah I'm quite doubtful if I'm honest because I don't think I'll interview well plus with my B in Chinese but meh, I got 4 As in the rest so hopefully that wont be dwelled on too much. I'd love to get into Warwick though, so I'm really hoping I get in there, Cambridge is more of an aspirational what if, if that makes any sense

Your ASs are great too and Selwyn seems like a cool college

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty bad at it too, but I'll try and play it off as an anomaly :cool:

Ah I'm quite doubtful if I'm honest because I don't think I'll interview well plus with my B in Chinese but meh, I got 4 As in the rest so hopefully that wont be dwelled on too much. I'd love to get into Warwick though, so I'm really hoping I get in there, Cambridge is more of an aspirational what if, if that makes any sense

Your ASs are great too and Selwyn seems like a cool college
    I don't think I interview well at all :/ I think you'll probably get into Warwick though, but I don't really know about Warwick admissions. Your application looks good on paper though

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I interview well at all :/ I think you'll probably get into Warwick though, but I don't really know about Warwick admissions. Your application looks good on paper though
    Your application sounds fab too, it'll be weird if we end up with interviews on the same day :eek:

Yeah I hope so, warwick's probably my favourite (excluding Cambridge)

ReputationRep:
    Opinions on Birmingham or Queen Mary's for employment prospects doing an economics degree??

ReputationRep:
    I am looking to study Economics at university. I have achieved 5A* 4A at GCSE, and i reckon that i will be predicted A* A A , at A level. A's being in further maths and physics, and A* being in economics. iI completed A-Level maths in 1 year and achieved an A.

A level maths -82 ums ), will be predicted an A in further maths for next year as i achieved an A in maths in this year
    as level economics- 90ums
    as physics - 87ums

I will be retaking C3 & C4 to achieve my A* in maths.

I have gained loads of work experience in investment management firms and HSBC, have gone to loads of lectures and read about 8 books on economics

What are the best universities that i can hope for, that will accept me with these grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhytan)
    I am looking to study Economics at university. I have achieved 5A* 4A at GCSE, and i reckon that i will be predicted A* A A , at A level. A's being in further maths and physics, and A* being in economics. iI completed A-Level maths in 1 year and achieved an A.

A level maths -82 ums ), will be predicted an A in further maths for next year as i achieved an A in maths in this year
    as level economics- 90ums
    as physics - 87ums

I will be retaking C3 & C4 to achieve my A* in maths.

I have gained loads of work experience in investment management firms and HSBC, have gone to loads of lectures and read about 8 books on economics

What are the best universities that i can hope for, that will accept me with these grades?
    With those predictions and results you can pretty much apply anywhere

Although you should probably be aware cambridge and lse may be a bit risky as they want ums marks and I think you'd be a bit below the average applicant for cambridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    With those predictions and results you can pretty much apply anywhere

Although you should probably be aware cambridge and lse may be a bit risky as they want ums marks and I think you'd be a bit below the average applicant for cambridge

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't know LSE wanted to know your UMS as well? Is this true? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm pretty sure, although mike123 is probably the person to check that with

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys , i have a question, do you think it is possible to apply for PPE at oxford and then apply for economics at 4 other unis ? Will i be able to tailor the personal statement for this or will i end up without any offers at all? I want to do ppe but if i dont get in to oxford i would want to study economics instead. I got full marks in my economics AS and predicted 3 A* in maths econ and biology A2.
    Any replys are appreciated !

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm pretty sure, although mike123 is probably the person to check that with

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes it's true, although only for the Economics course from what I've seen this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey guys,
      I am hoping to apply to Edinburgh (AAA-BBB), Queen Mary (AAA), Southampton (AAB), Sheffield (AAB) and City (ABBe). Do you think that I am aiming too high or too low with the grades that I have achieved?

A2 Predictions
      AAA

AS Level
      CCEA French A (160/200) dropped
      CCEA History A (170/200)
      CCEA Maths B (238/300) repeating Module C1
      AQA Physics B (235/300) repeating Module 1

Economics & Further Maths not offered at A Level

GCSE's
      4A* (Double Awards Science, French, ICT, RE), 5A (Double Award Science, English, Geography, History, Maths) 1B (Further Maths) All CCEA

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by patrickcromb96)
      Hi guys , i have a question, do you think it is possible to apply for PPE at oxford and then apply for economics at 4 other unis ? Will i be able to tailor the personal statement for this or will i end up without any offers at all? I want to do ppe but if i dont get in to oxford i would want to study economics instead. I got full marks in my economics AS and predicted 3 A* in maths econ and biology A2.
      Any replys are appreciated !

It will be hard but is possible! The issue is that you have to tailor your personal statement to your first choice uni so if oxford PPE is your first choice then you need to include the relevant phil and politics but it depends where else your applying for? Have you considered E&M at oxford instead? Would be much easier to tailor it. Where else you thinking of applying? We do the same subjects!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by a320airbus97)
      Hey guys,
      I am hoping to apply to Edinburgh (AAA-BBB), Queen Mary (AAA), Southampton (AAB), Sheffield (AAB) and City (ABBe). Do you think that I am aiming too high or too low with the grades that I have achieved?

A2 Predictions
      AAA

AS Level
      CCEA French B (159/200) dropped
      CCEA History A (170/200)
      CCEA Maths B (238/300) repeating Module C1
      AQA Physics B (235/300) repeating Module 1

Economics & Further Maths not offered at A Level

GCSE's
      4A* (Double Awards Science, French, ICT, RE), 5A (Double Award Science, English, Geography, History, Maths) 1B (Further Maths) All CCEA

no this should be fine as your predictions are higher than all the offers

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.