Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a teacher ask me anything Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deborarosa)
    Do you think it's weird or good to date a fellow teacher at your school. In my school, a lot of the teachers that are now married or dating met working at my school. aaw cute
    I think it would be really cute if I fell in love with another teacher. Hasn't happened yet and most are off limits anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Are you autistic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    You avoided my question on how to be the super awesome teacher everyone likes. :sad:
    I guess it's not one I can answer.

(Original post by ChildInDisguise)
    Well that's a bit stupid. What if they're properly at each other? Surely they shouldn't have a problem with it as your actually protecting them from themselves.
    Best to not get involved still, for your own good.

(Original post by Ecro)
    Have you ever told a sex joke in class? What was it? (If yes)
    Of course not.

(Original post by rbnphlp)
    One more q : what was harder for you in terms of workload , pgce or a day to day life as a teacher
    Teacher is 10 times heavier workload than the PGCE.

(Original post by Frodokins)
    What do you teach?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Secondary maths

ReputationRep:
    What do you make of Mr Gove as an education secretary ?

ReputationRep:
    What's the best school trip you've ever been on and how long have you been teaching?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattMc)
    Are you autistic?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As my username suggests, I am indeed autistic (Asperger's). Not hugely severe though but I do have social difficulties (very rigid thought) and difficulty with seeing things from another perspective, if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luketreherne)
    What do you make of Mr Gove as an education secretary ?

What's the best school trip you've ever been on and how long have you been teaching?
    An aquarium. 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    How do you feel with students being forced to take maths until they're 18 now?

ReputationRep:
    Are the maths and science departments at each other's throats in your school like they were in my old one before I went to uni?

ReputationRep:
    Is it still de rigueur to belittle and browbeat gifted left handers like myself to switch to their right hand for hand writing or are teachers now largely just glad if their young charges manage to write anything at all even if it is by clutching a fat crayon between their toes?

ReputationRep:
    How do you feel about teachers that tell students that they're failures?

Any confidence tips for prospective teachers?

ReputationRep:
    Why did you choose to go into teaching , more so why did you choose to teach maths ?

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever received Christmas cards/presents from your students before?

ReputationRep:
    How do you feel with students being forced to take maths until they're 18 now?
    Since when?? Not that I care as I don't mind it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Autistic Merit)
    Yeah I've been there... Kinda awkward...

I'm a teacher.
    So why did you decide to make a TSR account then? Or did you make it when you were a student but you still use it now?

ReputationRep:
    How much work are you doing currently, now it's the summer holidays? Do you have much preparation to do for September?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Autistic Merit)
    About half of the extremely badly behaved students are black though. :eek:
    what a surprise, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Worst type of student?
    Do you care if students like you or not or do you just get on with your job?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it's okay that a student does all the written work but doesn't participate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadine_08)
    Worst type of student?
    Do you care if students like you or not or do you just get on with your job?
    Year 9 girls are, on the whole awful; rude, defiant and foul-mouthed. They also have a pack mentality and stick up for each other when one gets told off.

I like to have a positive relationship with my students but I accept that there will always be some students who bear grudges and don't like me. I'm not too bothered about them.

(Original post by Nadine_08)
    Do you think it's okay that a student does all the written work but doesn't participate?
    All students should at least try their best to participate. I do incorporate really easy questions into my lessons which are intended to be ones that even the shy students wouldn't mind having a go at.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.