Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krazhy)
    Why has everyone decided to get the earliest interview possible!? loool

I've booked it for the 28th of January
    SNAP!! Can't do earlier because of school mock exams .... maybe see you there!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was just wondering how much weight is put on the BMAT? I got 4.9, 4.9 and 3A (was really disappointed in general) I got an invite, so was just looking at my chances. Also I'm applying from Ireland and in (our GCSE equivalent) the Junior Cert I got 10A1s
    Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, but email subject is Important information from Imperial College London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SherlockHolmes2)
    Hey, I was just wondering how much weight is put on the BMAT? I got 4.9, 4.9 and 3A (was really disappointed in general) I got an invite, so was just looking at my chances. Also I'm applying for Ireland and in (our GCSE equivalent) the Junior Cert I got 10A1s
    Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not sure. I guess we should ask Imperial how BMAT plays a role in who gets a place as they seem to be interviewing the top 750 to 800?

ReputationRep:
    How many people applied in total?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys just wondering when you do the survey and you choose a month do you get to choose a time specifically? Because I don't want to submit a date now but I wanna see what times/dates are available to me if possible?

I also had another theory: maybe after the 7 days they may change the date preferences by giving higher bands priority if their chosen date conflicts with another person. What do you guys think? Beacause I don't understand they system they are using this year - if they give you an interview on Dec 16th but you are in quite a low band and then you get your offer 2 weeks later, what if someone who has a much higher BMAT loses out because their interview is at a later date?

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you find out if you got an offer or not two weeks after the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by santabanta554)
    Hey guys just wondering when you do the survey and you choose a month do you get to choose a time specifically? Because I don't want to submit a date now but I wanna see what times/dates are available to me if possible?

I also had another theory: maybe after the 7 days they may change the date preferences by giving higher bands priority if their chosen date conflicts with another person. What do you guys think? Beacause I don't understand they system they are using this year - if they give you an interview on Dec 16th but you are in quite a low band and then you get your offer 2 weeks later, what if someone who has a much higher BMAT loses out because their interview is at a later date?
    Having a high BMAT doesn't guarantee you an offer over someone with a low BMAT but better grades or a better personal statement.

From what I heard, they give out interviews based on academics but then actual offers based on your interview. So it doesn't really matter what BMAT order is. Of course, your theory does sound plausible and I wouldn't be surprised if it was in fact real.

Ugh I don't know, Imperial are being all mysterious and strange this year

ReputationRep:
    How many people applied in total?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In a normal year 2000+ apply and they interview around 750 with 400 offers approx.

ReputationRep:

Probably best if you email Imperial to get the correct answers as you are coming from abroad the right date and time are important for you.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you find out if you got an offer or not two weeks after the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It said on the video thingy they sent us

ReputationRep:
    Ok another question guys: at this moment in time, does everyone have all Jan dates available to them? For me, in Jan, I have the options of 6,7,13,14,20,21,27,28. Does anyone not have these available to them?

ReputationRep:
    It said on the video thingy they sent us
    Every thing has changed this year for Imperial...I guess the video thingy is out of date now.

ReputationRep:
    Ok another question guys: at this moment in time, does everyone have all Jan dates available to them? For me, in Jan, I have the options of 6,7,13,14,20,21,27,28. Does anyone not have these available to them?
    I am sure someone said that only 1 day was now available in January and all others were booked....about 2 hours ago.

Are all Jan dates available to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninetyeightfour)
    I am sure someone said that only 1 day was now available in January and all others were booked....about 2 hours ago.

Are all Jan dates available to you?

Yea I read that as well so I was confused :/

Yea all Jan dates appear to be available to me... Maybe because I'm international they reserve Jan for internationals and grads?

ReputationRep:
    Yea I read that as well so I was confused :/

Yea all Jan dates appear to be available to me... Maybe because I'm international they reserve Jan for internationals and grads?
    May be. Or they invite the same band types on the same day...eg band 1 on one day band 2 on another etc......so the dates available to you are restricted?

Highly speculative I know...may be time for bed I think

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone going to prepare for the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    May be. Or they invite the same band types on the same day...eg band 1 on one day band 2 on another etc......so the dates available to you are restricted?

Highly speculative I know...may be time for bed I think

Joookes all the jan dates were booked when I clicked the times. I ended up doing 3rd of Feb.

Surely if you have a later date you aren't disadvantaged?...Right?

ReputationRep:
    Thx bro...best wishes for an interview for you!
    Thanks alott!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliceparkerx)
    Thank you!! I think it went okay, MMI was pretty stressful though... hopefully I'll have done enough :/
    No problem, GCSE 8A*s 3As 1B, AS AAAAB, predicted A*A*A*A*
    What about you?
    Ahhh oh my gosh that's awesome, well done! Good luck, you'll be fab
    Good luck with your remaining ones too!
    Np , yh i often hear ppl finding MMI quite stressful.
    wow, strong stats!!
    I got 7A* 3A, AAAA AS and A*A*A*A* predicted... not as gd as urs!
    thanks, i hope so!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.