Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeftonStalag)
    Just got a remark for an Edexcel GCE RS module from 53/100 (D) to 90/100 (A), and overall from a C to an A. So happy!! So I think a remark is worth it if you think they might've undermarked you.
    well done, your result gives me hope of mine also going up. how long did it take for you to get you results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arnoldk96)
    well done, your result gives me hope of mine also going up. how long did it take for you to get you results?
    Exactly one week. Good luck on your own remark mate!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeftonStalag)
    Exactly one week. Good luck on your own remark mate!!
    Thanks, was it priority? i sent mine on non priority, which might take longer.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously hate waiting for remark results, it's like results day all over again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well done to those who got back successful remarks!! Looks like Edexcel did screw up after all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keynes24)
    I assume all annotations are done online and the remarking has been done by a senior examiner or an experienced examiner. I don't see how you could appeal their decision unless you have strong evidence that they have made a mistake, from what you mention it sounds more like speculation. Your teachers would give you better advice regarding the next step.
    Thanks for replying!

I genuinely believe that it is impossible to thoroughly go through an exam which is almost entirely based on essays in less than 2 working days. Yes, it might be me speculating and I may have to just accept the fact that it wasn't as good as I thought, but when they're giving me 35/45 for an essay which has no grammatical errors, I begin to doubt their marking (I know it has no mistakes as my mother is a French teacher and she has checked my script in detail). In this essay they also gave me 11/15 for the 'Understanding of the question' part. The question was literally: 'Social networks - friends or foes?' I honestly cannot see how anyone could not understand this question. It's ridiculous. My teachers are still yet to reply.

Edit - this was not a priority re-mark.

ReputationRep:
    I got my marks back today, but my economics unit 1 exam mark didn't change at all. I'm tempted to get it remarked again (can you even do this?), but I'll have to accept the mark for now; I'm getting unit 2 remarked and I need it to increase by 5 ums (3 raw marks).
    My M1 score did go up from 83 to 92 though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloevictoria)
    Thanks for replying!

I genuinely believe that it is impossible to thoroughly go through an exam which is almost entirely based on essays in less than 2 working days. Yes, it might be me speculating and I may have to just accept the fact that it wasn't as good as I thought, but when they're giving me 35/45 for an essay which has no grammatical errors, I begin to doubt their marking (I know it has no mistakes as my mother is a French teacher and she has checked my script in detail). In this essay they also gave me 11/15 for the 'Understanding of the question' part. The question was literally: 'Social networks - friends or foes?' I honestly cannot see how anyone could not understand this question. It's ridiculous. My teachers are still yet to reply.

Edit - this was not a priority re-mark.
    I can't comment on grammar or what is required since I have no idea what the criteria is. You think it should take more than 1 working day to go over the paper? For economics we have to go over an standardisation process unless it is the chief examiner. The papers are sent online so as long as they have someone available to mark it might be possible.

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I priority remarked THREE Edexcel Maths Modules (C3 C4 S2) and not a single one of them changed! It may not be the same exam board however everyone I have contacted so far, all their remark updates have not changed at all. I currently have missed out on my firm offer at Durham because I am 2 ums off the A*, so I am rather upset that after £140 nothing has changed whatsoever, even going down means someone has checked it over!

They may be different exam boards, but everyone I have contacted at my school who had remarks as well have had no change to their remarks.

Do you think there is something wrong here locally with my school? What should my next course of action be? A script for C3 or C4 or both, or an appeal of some sort? 2 UMS is one mark, I've missed out on my university place because I'm short of one single mark!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pomtoon)
    Hello everyone, I priority remarked THREE Edexcel Maths Modules (C3 C4 S2) and not a single one of them changed! It may not be the same exam board however everyone I have contacted so far, all their remark updates have not changed at all. I currently have missed out on my firm offer at Durham because I am 2 ums off the A*, so I am rather upset that after £140 nothing has changed whatsoever, even going down means someone has checked it over!

They may be different exam boards, but everyone I have contacted at my school who had remarks as well have had no change to their remarks.

Do you think there is something wrong here locally with my school? What should my next course of action be? A script for C3 or C4 or both, or an appeal of some sort? 2 UMS is one mark, I've missed out on my university place because I'm short of one single mark!
    While I'm very sorry you didn't get the grade you wanted, why were you expecting a maths result to change in the first place? The only time I ever hear of maths results changing is when the examiner accidentally missed out entire questions/sections from people's scripts. The mark scheme for maths is not subjective, so your result suggests that your examiners marked it accurately first time round.

In other subjects subjectivity often causes marks to go up or down (even sciences) but maths has clear guidelines that lead to accurate marking (for the most part) first time round.

ReputationRep:

Have you contacted your first choice to make them aware of how close you were? I hope you met the requirements for your other options

ReputationRep:
    Apparently because I deferred my entry as I am taking a gap year, the admission tutor told me that unfortunately there is no leeway with near misses, and I would have to achieve the offer grades. That means I will pretty much have to reapply next year to achieve the same thing, and retake C3 when this was already the second time round. I achieved 84 in C3 in 2013, so I retook it and got 83 this year round. I achieved 94 in C4 which I amvery happy with, but I knew I performed well in both exams this year (as in both 90+), whereas I found the June 2013 C3 horrible, so getting a lower mark doesn't seem right. Shall I request a script?

ReputationRep:
    And Comeback, yes I do understand your point to an extent, however the past years almost all the maths remarks have changed, up or down, my C2 changed, it went down admittedly, but at least it changed! I just feel something is definitely not right, one friend remarked 2 History modules and another friend remarked a French essay module, those should definitely fluctuate since the marking would be more ambiguous, however their's didn't changed at all either, which leads me to suspect something is not right at all with my school this year, forgive me if I'm sceptical

Edit: Wrong 'there', my due apologies

ReputationRep:
    And Comeback, yes I do understand your point to an extent, however the past years almost all the maths remarks have changed, up or down, my C2 changed, it went down admittedly, but at least it changed! I just feel something is definitely not right, one friend remarked 2 History modules and another friend remarked a French essay module, those should definitely fluctuate since the marking would be more ambiguous, however there's didn't changed at all either, which leads me to suspect something is not right at all with my school this year, forgive me if I'm sceptical
    Ah, I suppose your decision did make sense. Good luck with your resits, I might have to do an A2 resit for my Geography if the remark doesn't work out

ReputationRep:
    hello, abit off topic.. but ive called a university, and they wanted my ucas id. so i assume they already know my result?

thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renascence)
    I got my marks back today, but my economics unit 1 exam mark didn't change at all. I'm tempted to get it remarked again (can you even do this?).
    No. The centre can appeal a re-mark result but not on the grounds that they don't agree with the marking (!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comeback)
    Ah, I suppose your decision did make sense. Good luck with your resits, I might have to do an A2 resit for my Geography if the remark doesn't work out
    Is it edexcel geog? And which unit?

Keep me posted on outcome please!

ReputationRep:
    I ordered a photocopy of my C4 exam. Two questions were marked incorrectly (also seen by a maths teacher). For one of the questions, I was given 2/5 but should get 5/5 and for another I was given 7/7 but my answer was wrong :s. I've pretty much lost most of my trust in examiners :/

Also, my exams officer told me that quite a few maths remarks have gone up. I saw them myself (S1, S2, C3)

ReputationRep:
    edexcel igcse how long would it take them for remarking?when will i get my results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzaacc)
    I ordered a photocopy of my C4 exam. Two questions were marked incorrectly (also seen by a maths teacher). For one of the questions, I was given 2/5 but should get 5/5 and for another I was given 7/7 but my answer was wrong :s. I've pretty much lost most of my trust in examiners :/

Also, my exams officer told me that quite a few maths remarks have gone up. I saw them myself (S1, S2, C3)
    Likewise. My M2 marking was very special as I got 2 marks knocked off in a centres of mass question when I was pretty sure I got the right answer. But then I was given 7/8 in a projectiles question I didn't even come up with an answer with (I don't think I was even halfway there). Oh well, fair enough i guess.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.