Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got an email from UCAS dead excited and was a rejection from Manchester.

Close shave. So desperate to go to Liverpool it's unreal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnPaul_)
    Got an email from UCAS dead excited and was a rejection from Manchester.

Close shave. So desperate to go to Liverpool it's unreal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry to hear that. Good luck, they got back to me a month after I sent off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanys9)
    Hey guys, I applied for an Accounting and Finance (AAB). I hope I will get an offer cause Liverpool looks so cool! Anyone applied for this course?
    I want to aplly for Accounting and Finance, but I'm not from UK and I still wait for my IELTS exam. I will have it at February, maybe you know what I should do in UCAS then? Wait till results and send my apllication or write something and send it now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asik4)
    I want to aplly for Accounting and Finance, but I'm not from UK and I still wait for my IELTS exam. I will have it at February, maybe you know what I should do in UCAS then? Wait till results and send my apllication or write something and send it now?
    Hi there, well im not from the uk as well Dont wait, just leave it empty and send your application asap, you can even send your ielts results in august

ReputationRep:
    So this might sound like a silly thing to be worried about but does anyone know about the general reception to different races in Liverpool? I come from London and I've experienced a bit of racism and stupid remarks but never anything that worried me too much, however I went to Bristol on a trip with friends and I almost got beaten up by someone for being 'a f*cking p*ki'. (I'm a mix of German, English, Turkish and Indian by the way, however I am slightly tanner than an olive complexion). Needless to say I'd rather pass on four years of racial abuse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnPaul_)
    Which department was yours for?

Mine is for philosophy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    German and Business. Best of luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marie_King)
    Got a conditional offer of ABB for International Business.
    Who else is applying for International Business?
    Congratulations I got an offer too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How quickly are people getting replies from the business courses?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for law with criminology on Thursday, just waiting for a reply, really hope I get an offer ☺️☺️ X

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for medicine at Liverpool; if anyone else is also applying for medicine let me know! Really hope I get an interview, I loved Liverpool so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KBenn)
    I've applied for medicine at Liverpool; if anyone else is also applying for medicine let me know! Really hope I get an interview, I loved Liverpool so much
    I've applied! No interview yet though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi15)
    I got an offer for Law with criminology two weeks after I sent my application
    Hey I'm applying for that too! Sent mine off on Thursday, where else are you applying? I've applied to sheffield, manchester, keele and sheffield Hallam as well as liverpool :P xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boods8897)
    I've applied! No interview yet though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Neither! Although I've heard that they're giving interviews out atm. What other unis have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    International business and thank you
    (Original post by Lilyghz)
    Congrats! What course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was 2 weeks for me
    (Original post by mattjc)
    How quickly are people getting replies from the business courses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KBenn)
    Neither! Although I've heard that they're giving interviews out atm. What other unis have you applied to?
    Nottingham, Liverpool, Newcastle and Southampton. Liverpool have definitely started giving them out and apparently Nottingham only start nearer January. Not heard from any yet!! Where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am applying for international business as well but with a year in industry and congratz
    (Original post by Marie_King)
    Got a conditional offer of ABB for International Business.
    Who else is applying for International Business?

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please help me? I'm a EU student and i'm a little bit confused about the UCAS application. Is it only after i upload my details and personal statement that my referee will be able to submit the academic reference? And how is that happening? After i give their details, do they get an e-mail from UCAS with login details and so can upload the reference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anastas)
    Could someone please help me? I'm a EU student and i'm a little bit confused about the UCAS application. Is it only after i upload my details and personal statement that my referee will be able to submit the academic reference? And how is that happening? After i give their details, do they get an e-mail from UCAS with login details and so can upload the reference?
    Hi! How it was done in my college (I'm sure this applies to most applicants) is that we had to upload our PS and complete our form before our referee uploaded the reference. The person uploading your reference should already have login details to be able to do so without you having to give their details to UCAS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilyghz)
    Hi! How it was done in my college (I'm sure this applies to most applicants) is that we had to upload our PS and complete our form before our referee uploaded the reference. The person uploading your reference should already have login details to be able to do so without you having to give their details to UCAS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you very much for your reply. I'm applying independently, could you please let me know how the referee should have the details for logging into UCAS too?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.