Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How can they offer an interview without BMAT results, what if someone gets an interview and happens to have really low BMAT score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumbledore)
    Yup just got an interview. And yourself?
    Same, it came when I finally stopped watching my emails!

ReputationRep:
    So nervous to hear from St John's, but so glad that the number of applicants has gone down from 117 last year to 72 this year! anyone else waiting to hear from John's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elishaclark2)
    So nervous to hear from St John's, but so glad that the number of applicants has gone down from 117 last year to 72 this year! anyone else waiting to hear from John's?
    Yes!! It's so terrifying... I think I remember reading somewhere that they plan on interviewing something like 62 people (which would be lovely).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clever1diot)
    Yes!! It's so terrifying... I think I remember reading somewhere that they plan on interviewing something like 62 people (which would be lovely).
    Hey wow, 62 people would be amazing! When do you think we'll hear back? The anticipation is killing me!

ReputationRep:
    Hey wow, 62 people would be amazing! When do you think we'll hear back? The anticipation is killing me!
    After BMAT results is when they send out invites to interview. I'm happy too that it has reduced!

ReputationRep:
    hi how can yyou find out how many other colleges got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theboom)
    hi how can yyou find out how many other colleges got?
    http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergrad...ly/statistics/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piofernix)
    How can they offer an interview without BMAT results, what if someone gets an interview and happens to have really low BMAT score?
    I hav an interview already as well... they wont just deny u ur interview if u do rlly badly, but ull just have a lower chance of getting in after ur interview. I guess they weigh up all ur academics etc after the interview and thrn giv offers according to ur interview, bmat, ums etc. So itll just impact their decision on whether to giv u an offer or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    After BMAT results is when they send out invites to interview. I'm happy too that it has reduced!
    Well then I'd assume that they get the Bmat results when we get them. Great... Another week to wait!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview invitation for Churchill woo!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Will there be any science questions at the interview? And is it just to A level point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ama2007)
    Will there be any science questions at the interview? And is it just to A level point?
    Lol, of course there will be science questions at the interview. :p:

Revising what you've done in your science subjects would be useful preparation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammann123)
    Just got an interview invitation for Churchill woo!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too! Now that there are only 39 medics applying to churchill this year, i think i might have a chance! When is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ucasunderdog)
    Me too! Now that there are only 39 medics applying to churchill this year, i think i might have a chance! When is your interview?
    I saw that too haha, my heart leapt! 11th of December at 16:30. You? Is it weird that they're giving them out before BMAT results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammann123)
    I saw that too haha, my heart leapt! 11th of December at 16:30. You? Is it weird that they're giving them out before BMAT results?
    Mines the exact same time haha, I might see you there. And yeah it is kinda weird that the bmat results haven't been released yet? Maybe we're the extra special candidates

ReputationRep:
    Well then I'd assume that they get the Bmat results when we get them. Great... Another week to wait!
    I think Cambridge get our BMAT scores at the same time we get them. Yeah it's another week to wait...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ucasunderdog)
    Mines the exact same time haha, I might see you there. And yeah it is kinda weird that the bmat results haven't been released yet? Maybe we're the extra special candidates
    Haha thats really weird, maybe they're interviewing people in pairs now! That would be nice, slightly worried they'll be disappointed when they find out what I actually got.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ncoming-570646

This may be interesting for St John's medicine applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KEG1)
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ncoming-570646

This may be interesting for St John's medicine applicants.
    Wow! I was expecting a lot more 6/7s for people who got offers in their BMAT scores.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.