Durham offer holders 2015 thread Watch

monica555
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by apis42)
Just got an offer yesterday for Maths A*AA! Applied to Josephine Butler college.
Hi congrats! What were your GCSEs/AS maths UMS results if you don't mind me asking?
bethblur
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone heard from History or Ancient History/Classics yet?
apis42
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by monica555)
Hi congrats! What were your GCSEs/AS maths UMS results if you don't mind me asking?
Thank you! I only came to UK in the sixth form, so I didn't do GCSEs.
My maths (ocr mei) ums:
C1 96, C2 97, C3 91 (coursework brought down my ums ), C4 100, S1 85, M1 91, S2 88, M2 85.
So as you can see I have actually finished single maths and already got an A*! I am retaking M2 and S2 though.

Are you applying for maths too?
monica555
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by apis42)
Thank you! I only came to UK in the sixth form, so I didn't do GCSEs.
My maths (ocr mei) ums:
C1 96, C2 97, C3 91 (coursework brought down my ums ), C4 100, S1 85, M1 91, S2 88, M2 85.
So as you can see I have actually finished single maths and already got an A*! I am retaking M2 and S2 though.

Are you applying for maths too?
Yeah I am And wow you did great! So you did Maths A level for AS and probs doing Further maths this year?
gj12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bethblur)
Hey, I got an offer in early November for History... A*AA. Applied to St Chads but waiting to hear about which college I am at x
bethblur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gj12)
Hey, I got an offer in early November for History... A*AA. Applied to St Chads but waiting to hear about which college I am at x
Oh wow. Early November is exceptional. What were your GCSEs and AS'?
gj12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh wow. Early November is exceptional. What were your GCSEs and AS'?
10A*s IGCSE, 4As AS and A* in EPQ, predicted 3A*. I also did a Summer School at Harvard in 2014 and got 2As in the courses I did. So happy with my offer will be firming Durham for sure! xxx
bethblur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gj12)
10A*s IGCSE, 4As AS and A* in EPQ, predicted 3A*. I also did a Summer School at Harvard in 2014 and got 2As in the courses I did. So happy with my offer will be firming Durham for sure! xxx
WOW that's amazing!! They'll be lucky to have a student like you! You should have applied for Oxford or Cambridge to see if you would have got in!
elliejohns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone heard from Business and Management yet?
"Maturestudent"
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have an offer for History, but that is through the Foundation Centre.
gj12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
WOW that's amazing!! They'll be lucky to have a student like you! You should have applied for Oxford or Cambridge to see if you would have got in!
I did. Didn't get in to Oxford but I kinda always preferred Durham. I like the way it is Faculty taught but still collegiate. Durham was always my favourite so so happy to be going. How about you? What are you applying for/where? xx
bethblur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gj12)
I did. Didn't get in to Oxford but I kinda always preferred Durham. I like the way it is Faculty taught but still collegiate. Durham was always my favourite so so happy to be going. How about you? What are you applying for/where? xx
Aw, well if you prefer Durham then that's great! Arguably best in the UK for History anyway! Here's mine:

History - Kings College London (offer received - AAA)
History - University of Sussex (offer received - unconditional if firm, AAB if insurance)
History - Queens University Belfast (offer received - ABB)
Ancient, Medieval and Modern History - Durham (waiting to hear)
History with a Year Abroad - York (waiting to hear)

I sent mine away 8th December but am so impatient!

What about you? x
bethblur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by "Maturestudent")
I have an offer for History, but that is through the Foundation Centre.
Cool! Well done
gj12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aw, well if you prefer Durham then that's great! Arguably best in the UK for History anyway! Here's mine:

History - Kings College London (offer received - AAA)
History - University of Sussex (offer received - unconditional if firm, AAB if insurance)
History - Queens University Belfast (offer received - ABB)
Ancient, Medieval and Modern History - Durham (waiting to hear)
History with a Year Abroad - York (waiting to hear)

I sent mine away 8th December but am so impatient!

What about you? x
Wow loads of offers!! Well done!!!! Which are your favourites at the moment??
I applied..
History- Exeter (offer A*AA)
History- Bristol (offer A*AA)
History- Oxford (reject XD)
History- York (offer AAA)
History- Durham (A*AA)

I sent mine in late September (because of Oxford) and was soooo impatient.. dying to know my Durham college!!! York will be my back up.. their course sounds so good too! Waiting to know college before confirming it all and finally being done with applications
"Maturestudent"
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Cool! Well done
Throughout the correspondence I've had with Durham, they've always said around January time. So you shouldn't be waiting much longer, hopefully it's good news!
bethblur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gj12)
Wow loads of offers!! Well done!!!! Which are your favourites at the moment??
I applied..
History- Exeter (offer A*AA)
History- Bristol (offer A*AA)
History- Oxford (reject XD)
History- York (offer AAA)
History- Durham (A*AA)

I sent mine in late September (because of Oxford) and was soooo impatient.. dying to know my Durham college!!! York will be my back up.. their course sounds so good too! Waiting to know college before confirming it all and finally being done with applications
Thanks so much! I was always set on firming either Kings, York or Durham! Glad I have got one all 5 of yours are brilliant, you should be so proud! i applied for St Chads too but with competition like you i don't stand a chance haha you really do deserve it i wouldn't mind what college i got into tbh! Yes, I love the look of York's too! and a year abroad would be great. I suppose i'd prefer york or durham to kings because London would be really expensive, but the modules at Kings are so good! and i could do UCL modules since they're both under UOL. You should hear back start of February about your college
bethblur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Throughout the correspondence I've had with Durham, they've always said around January time. So you shouldn't be waiting much longer, hopefully it's good news!
Really?! What have they been saying? I read that someone sent their application away 4th December and didn't get an offer until end of March once! But i'd rather wait than get a rejection lol. I would be so so so shocked if Durham accepted me, it'd be my dream!! Not getting my hopes up, but thought I may as well give it a go!
"Maturestudent"
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Really?! What have they been saying? I read that someone sent their application away 4th December and didn't get an offer until end of March once! But i'd rather wait than get a rejection lol. I would be so so so shocked if Durham accepted me, it'd be my dream!! Not getting my hopes up, but thought I may as well give it a go!
When I had a telephone interview they told me that I wouldn't hear anything until late January, as they like to wait for all applications to be received, (I believe the cut off date was today?) so that they can compare them all individually. However, I received an unconditional in early December.
bethblur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When I had a telephone interview they told me that I wouldn't hear anything until late January, as they like to wait for all applications to be received, (I believe the cut off date was today?) so that they can compare them all individually. However, I received an unconditional in early December.
Oh wow. Congratulations! They must have been very sure about you. that is reassuring, hopefully I won't be waiting too long! I understand why they do wait, considering everyone is guaranteed a college etc, limited amount of places and they really have to be strict with intake. Yup, was 2 hours ago!
apis42
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by monica555)
Yeah I am And wow you did great! So you did Maths A level for AS and probs doing Further maths this year?
Thank you, I'm sure you did great too! And yeah I'm doing further maths this year. So which unis are you applying to? Is Durham your first choice?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Mon, 1 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads