HM treasury Policy Advisor Grad Scheme Watch

james987
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Constant2015)
I'm booked in for one - but the tube strikes have been called off. Have there been more strikes announced?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I got the e-mail a few weeks ago from HM but I didn't realise my AC matched with one of the strike days. I've only just realised, but you say they have been called of so that is good. Everything fine on 15/02 then?
threebackedbeast
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got an offer!
katiem88
Badges: 1
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by threebackedbeast)
I got an offer!
Congrats!! Which intake did you go for? Did they email or phone? My phone's rung twice today but it wasn't them...
Smuke
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got an offer!
Well done! Did they say if they were planning on taking 50 or 80 people this year?
threebackedbeast
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry, I didn't think to ask! They'll be emailing me later today with more details.

I'll be starting in April (hopefully).
katiem88
Report 3 years ago
Sorry, I didn't think to ask! They'll be emailing me later today with more details.

I'll be starting in April (hopefully).
Well done - you must be stoked. Good luck to everyone else (including those still waiting for AC) and I hope we hear soon!
threebackedbeast
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by katiem88)
Well done - you must be stoked. Good luck to everyone else (including those still waiting for AC) and I hope we hear soon!
Stoked doesn't even begin to cover it! I wasn't expecting to hear back until at least next week so it's been an amazing surprise. Now to wrangle out the details of how to move across from another Civil Service department!

Edit: on reflection, this might be why I got an earlier offer, so no-one fret if you haven't heard yet!

For those yet to sit the AC: it's really fun! It's efficiently run and over nice and quickly, and the interviewers are very obviously bright, friendly people. Good luck!
katiem88
Report 3 years ago
Stoked doesn't even begin to cover it! I wasn't expecting to hear back until at least next week so it's been an amazing surprise. Now to wrangle out the details of how to move across from another Civil Service department!

Edit: on reflection, this might be why I got an earlier offer, so no-one fret if you haven't heard yet!

For those yet to sit the AC: it's really fun! It's really efficiently run and over nice and quickly, and the interviewers are very obviously really bright, friendly people. Good luck!
Ah yeah, that sort of makes sense. They did say to my group that we'd hear something within two weeks of the AC (today being two weeks) though so I wish they'd get on with it!!
threebackedbeast
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8BoGgr-uCQ

Required viewing?!
katiem88
Report 3 years ago
Finally heard from them - I'm through
threebackedbeast
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Has no-one else heard yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Styxup
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Quickly made an account to mention I got an offer last week. Been haunting this thread but not contributing. Congratulations/good luck everybody.
andrea13z
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I had the AC last Monday and got an offer on Thursday. As I am waiting for the outcome of other applications I would like to wait before accepting it. They mentioned no deadline for accepting the offer. Anyone in the same situation?
katiem88
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by andrea13z)
I had the AC last Monday and got an offer on Thursday. As I am waiting for the outcome of other applications I would like to wait before accepting it. They mentioned no deadline for accepting the offer. Anyone in the same situation?
Actually yeah, I was! I didn't see a deadline either but if you are going for an April start and vetting takes c. 5 weeks then I'd work backwards from that. Or call them and be upfront and ask when you need to give them an answer by? In my case, I might not find out about the other job for a month (or longer), and I'd just had enough of the uncertainty - plus I think the Treasury scheme is boss. I waited a week before confirming my acceptance.

Sorry, that was probably really unhelpful!
LuciiAnna
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For those starting in April, have you found out the policy area in which you are going to be working? On the phone, they told me they would take my preferences into account, but I wasn't sure how exactly they did this (I was quite vague at interview when they asked what I was interested in). Also, are we definitely in London?

Any information would be greatly appreciated, please
Constant2015
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LuciiAnna)
For those starting in April, have you found out the policy area in which you are going to be working? On the phone, they told me they would take my preferences into account, but I wasn't sure how exactly they did this (I was quite vague at interview when they asked what I was interested in). Also, are we definitely in London?

Any information would be greatly appreciated, please
I was told at my assessment centre that you should follow up your preferences in writing via email post offer. They take into account your preference and your experience but have to do that for everyone, so there is no guarantee you will get your preference.

You are unlikely to know until a couple of weeks before joining where you have been allocated though.

The roles are only based in London (Westminster) - there are no other locations for the Policy Adviser positions.
Constant2015
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by andrea13z)
Guess it will depend which intake you have applied for. If it is April, I suspect they will need to know sooner rather than later, while with September its likely you have more time to think.
Constant2015
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have found out that I am on hold for the time being - for the September intake. It sounds like I might not hear back until May-June time while they are finalising intake numbers for September. Fingers crossed and kinda hoping I hear back before then and before exams kick in, so it is one less thing I have to worry about!
katiem88
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Constant2015)
I was told at my assessment centre that you should follow up your preferences in writing via email post offer. They take into account your preference and your experience but have to do that for everyone, so there is no guarantee you will get your preference.

You are unlikely to know until a couple of weeks before joining where you have been allocated though.

The roles are only based in London (Westminster) - there are no other locations for the Policy Adviser positions.
Ah they didn't tell me that you were supposed to email preferences?! Maybe they will ask at some point...

When I had the initial phone call, they said posts are allocated based on performance at AC and any relevant prior experience. Hmmm.....!
Constant2015
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by katiem88)
Ah they didn't tell me that you were supposed to email preferences?! Maybe they will ask at some point...

When I had the initial phone call, they said posts are allocated based on performance at AC and any relevant prior experience. Hmmm.....!
Email them with your preferences now - they are bound to be allocating soon, especially for April, and you wouldn't want to miss out.

The assessments are based on competencies rather than knowledge/experience, so I can't see how they can do it purely based on how you perform at the AC. They did say they take into account your previous experience and knowledge, such as what you have studied too, but people will have their own preferences as well and that you should state these after the offer is made, but in writing.

I met Linsey at the AC who explained the process of department allocations to me. I'd definitely try and contact HMT direct, rather than Penna, if you had any concerns.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (269)
38.37%
No - but I will (49)
6.99%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.28%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (332)
47.36%

Watched Threads