The "I Still haven't got any offers yet" Thread. Watch

triton_sur_jade
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mattlloydd)
My application was submitted to uni's a week and two days ago!

I know it's not very long, but this is a testing time for impatient people

haha, I submitted my application mid October because otherwise I stress about deadlines (even when they're 3 months away..?!) and I've only got three of my offers back! I think it a) depends on the uni b) when you applied
liserichardson
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been waiting for five months now, with no offers or calls for interviews yet, so I too agree that a week is nothing.
Bluebells60
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have u emailed admissions at the uni to see what stage your application is at...u are allowed to ask I did,..

Posted from TSR Mobile
liserichardson
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bluebells60, do you mean me? I've emailed them all twice over the months and have had some very kind replies from the places I'd want to go the most, so I do hold out hope for an offer or two.
Bluebells60
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes that's good...just keep in touch with them...

Posted from TSR Mobile
lizzyc501
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rikke1996)
This :sadnod: 3 months so far and no answers at all for me.
Depends on which unis and course you're applying to I guess. People around me haven't heard back from Edinburgh and I'm still waiting for York. London unis took a while to reply back too. I guess we should probably start panicking only if we haven't heard anything by the end of February. Good luck!
Newcastle University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by grx_)
I have 3 offers from Sheffield, Leicester and Liverpool to do Politics. Still waiting for Leeds and Newcastle, it's getting me impatient cause they're the unis I want to firm and insure
Hi, sorry to hear about the wait! (But good to hear we're in your top 2). Could you PM us your full name and UCAS ID, plus the course(s) you applied for, and I'll ask the admissions team to check up on your application

All the best,
Persephone
Rikke1996
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lizzyc501)
Depends on which unis and course you're applying to I guess. People around me haven't heard back from Edinburgh and I'm still waiting for York. London unis took a while to reply back too. I guess we should probably start panicking only if we haven't heard anything by the end of February. Good luck!
Thank you I applied to only Scottish unis (St Andrews, Edinburgh and Aberdeen) for Anthropology, and I know that at least the two first ones are very slow. What offers are you waiting for?
Prince of heart
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wish you all the best
lizzyc501
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you I applied to only Scottish unis (St Andrews, Edinburgh and Aberdeen) for Anthropology, and I know that at least the two first ones are very slow. What offers are you waiting for?
I shouldn't really complain to be honest because I have heard back from all my unis apart from York. I applied for Biochemistry.
Leanne31
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Still waiting here... One rejection and waiting on the other 4 applied 30th Dec. I am still waiting for Surrey, Herts, Kingston and St Georges.
thepredestrian
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got majorly trolled....

2 weeks ago, King's offered me a place to study CompSci on the condition I show them proof of an English language requirement in an IELTS score (Im an international student)

I even received their offer hardcopy via mail.

Just today, they changed their condition to me scoring an A in Economics.. when I have already taken my A levels.

What do I do?
Rikke1996
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lizzyc501)
I shouldn't really complain to be honest because I have heard back from all my unis apart from York. I applied for Biochemistry.
Lucky you Congratulations on your offers (I assumes you´ve gotten some, as you say you have no reason to complain). Hopefully you´ll also get an offer from York soon!

(Original post by Prince of heart)
I wish you all the best
Not really you sure if you´re talking to me, but if you are, then thank you! Either way, good luck to you also
Falconer9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Finally got my first offer today.
sydneybridge
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thepredestrian)
Got majorly trolled....

2 weeks ago, King's offered me a place to study CompSci on the condition I show them proof of an English language requirement in an IELTS score (Im an international student)

I even received their offer hardcopy via mail.

Just today, they changed their condition to me scoring an A in Economics.. when I have already taken my A levels.

What do I do?
Phone the Admissions Office and ask for an explanation.

Its very unusual for a Uni to change the terms of an offer once made.
This sounds like a mistake to me, given that you already have your grades, and no Uni will make an offer conditional on a grade/exam that you arent actually taking.
sydneybridge
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Falconer9)
WELL DONE!

What for? Where?
Falconer9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sydneybridge)
WELL DONE!

What for? Where?
Thanks. It's for Chemical Engineering at Aberdeen.
Samwin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Falconer9)
congratulations
lizzyc501
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lucky you Congratulations on your offers (I assumes you´ve gotten some, as you say you have no reason to complain). Hopefully you´ll also get an offer from York soon!

Not really you sure if you´re talking to me, but if you are, then thank you! Either way, good luck to you also
Aw thank you so much Best of luck in everything again!
sarcastic-sal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Applied on 6th October and not even got an acknowledgement email from Imperial, my last choice to make a decision. I'm deferred entry for Chem Eng.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.29%
No - but I will (77)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.07%

Watched Threads