Eurovision Song Contest Society 2015 Watch

username1528889
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
United Kingdom's entry is atrocious...as expected!
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AMT6)
United Kingdom's entry is atrocious...as expected!
I like them...
username1528889
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I like them...
- It's American-style, Gatsby-esque music (not exactly British)
- It's repetitive with no chorus (Drags on)
- Unnecessary and ill-fitting 'modernisation' with the change of music style half way through.

Just a bit daft really!
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AMT6)
- It's American-style, Gatsby-esque music (not exactly British)
- It's repetitive with no chorus (Drags on)
- Unnecessary and ill-fitting 'modernisation' with the change of music style half way through.

Just a bit daft really!
That's the point... It's fun!!!
username1528889
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
That's the point... It's fun!!!
It's that bit where he does the 'boppody boopy' stuff. It doesn't even sound good!

I loved Aram MP3 (Armania) last year with the combination of genres, but i just think this works!
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AMT6)
It's that bit where he does the 'boppody boopy' stuff. It doesn't even sound good!

I loved Aram MP3 (Armania) last year with the combination of genres, but i just think this works!
We will have to disagree here...

I didn't like that much.
username1528889
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
We will have to disagree here...

I didn't like that much.
Gotta love a bit of controversy! I'm obsessed with Gatsby/Jazz/Swing by the way, just not with the song itself!
hpiercey3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AMT6)

I agree that bit is awful, especially from the rehearsals, they dont exactly have 'strong' voices...

But, no I didn't like Armenia last year either. It didnt float my boat haha Sweden was amazing as always, but this year the song really annoys me, I hope it doesnt win... I would love Edurne to do well for Spain

Norway last year, Oh my AMAZING! So much emotion, Silent Storm one of the best
26december
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hpiercey3)
I agree that bit is awful, especially from the rehearsals, they dont exactly have 'strong' voices...

But, no I didn't like Armenia last year either. It didnt float my boat haha Sweden was amazing as always, but this year the song really annoys me, I hope it doesnt win... I would love Edurne to do well for Spain

Norway last year, Oh my AMAZING! So much emotion, Silent Storm one of the best
I'm with you on Spain this year.
My 2 favourites are definitely Spain and Russia and I think Spain deserves to win it more.
I'd be happy with Spain getting 240 points and Russia, 239.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hpiercey3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 26december)
I'm with you on Spain this year.
My 2 favourites are definitely Spain and Russia and I think Spain deserves to win it more.
I'd be happy with Spain getting 240 points and Russia, 239.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely, we are completely in agreement! Edurne is under-rated but in the final she will be great, nice powerful voice in spanish is brilliant, we need more own language songs to make it unique

Indeed, Polina is a worthy winner but Spain is usually cast aside - but hopefully they have their time to shine ! What do you make of the Swedish entry? Im not sure, but if they do win we will see Petra again which is always fun fun fun
26december
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Definitely, we are completely in agreement! Edurne is under-rated but in the final she will be great, nice powerful voice in spanish is brilliant, we need more own language songs to make it unique

Indeed, Polina is a worthy winner but Spain is usually cast aside - but hopefully they have their time to shine ! What do you make of the Swedish entry? Im not sure, but if they do win we will see Petra again which is always fun fun fun
Yeah I feel Spain are constantly underrated so definitely deserves it - Spain also performing in second half which is also a positive.
I really like MΓ₯ns and Heroes and the performance; definitely one of my favourite songs but I feel there are more worthy winners than him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hpiercey3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I feel Spain are constantly underrated so definitely deserves it - Spain also performing in second half which is also a positive.
I really like MΓ₯ns and Heroes and the performance; definitely one of my favourite songs but I feel there are more worthy winners than him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah exactly the last few years they have really improved, i loved Ruth but this year is even better - indeed they have a good shot for top 10 at least.
The performance for sure very original which I like, I cant make up my mind about the actual song?

Spain all the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hussnainz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I currently want Serbia to win. I'm going to wait and see if any of the songs from the 2nd semi final are any good. Australia's entry is not bad either. It would be nice if they win and then hopefully we'll get to host it again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
26december
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah exactly the last few years they have really improved, i loved Ruth but this year is even better - indeed they have a good shot for top 10 at least.
The performance for sure very original which I like, I cant make up my mind about the actual song?

Spain all the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah. Absolutely. I gave in and watched the 2nd rehearsal and omg is all I have to say. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone but it's INCREDIBLE. My only wish is that the background was a bit better because I don't feel it really fits and yeah. Nonetheless go Spain and Edurne !!! πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Έ πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Έ

Posted from TSR Mobile
ManicPumpkin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by hussnainz)
I currently want Serbia to win. I'm going to wait and see if any of the songs from the 2nd semi final are any good. Australia's entry is not bad either. It would be nice if they win and then hopefully we'll get to host it again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I never really rated Serbia until last night. What a cracker of a song! Usually I'm not a fan of songs which switch from a ballad to an uptempo dance number (see San Marino 2013) but this is fabulous
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm loving the support for Spain here! Hope the rest of Europe likes some non-english music. I do want another Non-english winner soon, last one was 2007 after all but I doubt this is the year.

Out of the current favourites to win it has to be Russia > Sweden > Estonia > Italy > Australia for me but the lives could mess it up a bit.

(Original post by hussnainz)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't say I'm loving the "we'll get to host it attitude". Personally I'd hate the UK to host it for any other reason other than a UK victory. It might seem unrealistic currently but we'll have to win eventually, hosting it next year if Australia win will just give us more motivation to be lazy with our entries.

Also if Australia win, it seems obvious to me Germany will get the first request to host the contest because they have far better relations to the EBU and have way more money. The nasty rumour that we'd somehow host the contest if Australia won isn't true, and I'd hate for people to vote based off something that isn't even true.

Don't get me started on Serbia
hpiercey3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah. Absolutely. I gave in and watched the 2nd rehearsal and omg is all I have to say. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone but it's INCREDIBLE. My only wish is that the background was a bit better because I don't feel it really fits and yeah. Nonetheless go Spain and Edurne !!! πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Έ πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Έ

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know! Have to admit, she really has something - one if the brst rehearsals I saw. Oh i cant wait for saturday now, her greece and russia!
Hm agreed the background does have an effect on the song, like The Netherlands may have got through if it wasnt for all the 'detailing' as she can sing very well. Shame.

YES EDURNE fan club haha πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Έ πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Έ
dreadpiraterach
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not gonna lie, I was a bit disappointed with the first semi final. Ballad after ballad after ballad, and where were all the wacky costumes??

Disappointed that Finland didn't get through. Serbia and Russia are my favourites so far (and I really like the UK's entry this year- it's nice to have something upbeat for a change!) but I haven't heard everyone yet.

Also Conchita was so amazing last night!
hussnainz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't get why everyone liked Russia's song if I'm honest. It's very similar to Hungary and I preferred that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Genesis2703)
Can't say I'm loving the "we'll get to host it attitude". Personally I'd hate the UK to host it for any other reason other than a UK victory. It might seem unrealistic currently but we'll have to win eventually, hosting it next year if Australia win will just give us more motivation to be lazy with our entries.
This. I only want the UK to host if we win. Which we will... at some point
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (44)
37.61%
No - but I will (4)
3.42%
No - I don't want to (5)
4.27%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (64)
54.7%

Watched Threads