Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who is going there (btw he got A* in GCSE maths in year 8) he said the questions didn't require too much knowledge just basic stuff like what is the difference between an electron and neutron etc.
    Hope it helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shoriffmiah)
    I have a friend who is going there (btw he got A* in GCSE maths in year 8) he said the questions didn't require too much knowledge just basic stuff like what is the difference between an electron and neutron etc.
    Hope it helps.
    Well, to what I understood in the entrance exam, its about the application of knowledge, than the knowledge itself in this school, that's how they judge one's capacity to learn. For example, there is a difference between "1 + 1 = 2" and "John has 1 banana in one hand and another in his other, how many does he have? 2", and so it tests the persons thinking skills, not his/her/it's knowledge like AQA test papers, Edexcel do both but at a lower scale than HWSF. You need to know the basics, but you must know how to apply it properly. Through this they can work out the persons capability, not their knowledge, therefore reducing the number of text book that enter the school as human beings.

ReputationRep:
    hiya my sister and i have both received emails mine is with the head for maths and hers is biology (tbc). any tips to prepare? i literally have done 0 reading outside of class and i don't think there's enough time.

also my interview is at the same time as a school trip i am unsure if i will be able to reschedule or if it will make be appear uncommitted if i try to reschedule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    hiya my sister and i have both received emails mine is with the head for maths and hers is biology (tbc). any tips to prepare? i literally have done 0 reading outside of class and i don't think there's enough time.

also my interview is at the same time as a school trip i am unsure if i will be able to reschedule or if it will make be appear uncommitted if i try to reschedule.
    Hey,

They can reschedule, just call them or email them, that's what they did for my Entrance exam, they changed it onto the 31st January for me due to a trip.

The Head of Maths, isn't that just the Principle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foodatastic)
    Hey,

They can reschedule, just call them or email them, that's what they did for my Entrance exam, they changed it onto the 31st January for me due to a trip.

The Head of Maths, isn't that just the Principle?
    thanks )) and i meant "head for maths" as in my interview is with the headteacher and will b in the subject of maths

ReputationRep:
    geography went well for me, as did english and politics. Economics had me a bit puzzled but I attempted. I picked geography as my preferred interview option, anyone else pick that and receive a reply? because I haven't yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aqsahawan)
    Okay im totally scared!!!! I still havent received an email! !!
    same here, mind if I ask what subject you chose to be interviewed in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samispector)
    same here, mind if I ask what subject you chose to be interviewed in?
    biology since its my favourite subject and i understand it in a heart beat☺ what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aqsahawan)
    biology since its my favourite subject and i understand it in a heart beat☺ what about you?
    I picked geography, knowing it in a heartbeat is key at this stage. Still waiting for an email though.

ReputationRep:
    I picked maths, I know it pretty well

ReputationRep:
    i done my exams literally yesterday, yet they said they'll try get back to us asap. not really expecting a reply till the end of the week at least.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe you guys will come for an interview on valentines day

ReputationRep:
    My interview's with the Prinicpal but I'm talkimg about History, so i'll see how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't received the email, anyone else who has not received the mail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rexonyia)
    Still haven't received the email, anyone else who has not received the mail
    Yeah same here, both of my friends got it except me so I am actually getting scared now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakshres)
    Yeah same here, both of my friends got it except me so I am actually getting scared now.

Don't worry they're contacting people at different times. My friend just got her infor today because her interview is on valentine's day. Whereas i got mine yesterday and my interview is for next week wednesday. Don't stress.

ReputationRep:
    My friend got an interview for the 14th of Feb, but his is approx. 1.5 hours long, mine is approx. 20 minutes; whats that all about?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the 20 min one are for people that are on the waiting list

ReputationRep:
    That is what happened last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thorthundergod)
    That is what happened last year
    oh, . thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.