Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    If the opposite sex says salaam to you on the streets, should you reply? Even if you can tell their intentions aren't right?
    Random question I know.
    I do say W'salaam back as a form of respect and most people approach me if they need help or are asking to make a phone call etc

Brings a question to mind for all as well - What should your reaction be if any guy (old/young) was to say MashaAllah to you while you're walking/in public?

(Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    loool - What is up with these quotes and Bham lol I'm from there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary562)
    I do say W'salaam back as a form of respect and most people approach me if they need help or are asking to make a phone call etc

Brings a question to mind for all as well - What should your reaction be if any guy (old/young) was to say MashaAllah to you while you're walking/in public?

MashaAllah :sexface:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Audubillahi Min Ash-Shaytaan Ar-Rajim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amenahussein)
    Salaams guys!

I have a question, what's the ruling on naming your child a Hebrew name, because after posting on a thread I love the names Benyamin and Isaac (Ishaaq) for future sons, I got a personal message from someone saying that's Haraam?

Opinions?

JazakaAllah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wa alaykum as salaam

Benyameen and ishaaq are permissible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Audubillahi Min Ash-Shaytaan Ar-Rajim
    loool Seriously Zam

:hand:

ReputationRep:
    loool Seriously Zam

:hand:
    You used the :hand: emote - are you a Quant/Jameel dupe, 'Maryam' (if that's even your real name :eyeball:) :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    You used the :hand: emote - are you a Quant/Jameel dupe, 'Maryam' (if that's even your real name :eyeball:) :ninja:
    Hahaha Yes I'm Quantum :hide:

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha Yes I'm Quantum :hide:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :rolleyes:
    I'm kidding

---------------------

This is funny but shouldn't be at the same time lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm kidding

---------------------

This is funny but shouldn't be at the same time lol

Lol, class :lol:

ReputationRep:

Armed Muslim women seize control of Birmingham streets... #foxnewsfacts

ReputationRep:

Birmingham City Mosque is among the tallest and most sacred in all Islam. #FoxNewsFacts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Adam Deen being on their said it all, as did a few others being their.........MAB dude stayed strong, very clear the host was getting annoyed loool

The basic summary of the show: conservatives = ISIS, throwing out chunks of Islam is the way to go, thats real Islam and also try to scare your audience (like when jihadijohn showed up at the end).

(Original post by Tom_Ford)
    x
    I can be ok with people not practicing. But when people start start rejecting parts of Islam and attacking those who do not, then I cba with these types of so called Muslims.

Surprised a non-Muslim agrees to some extent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Wa alaikum al salaam akhi.
    haven't seen you around here for a while.
    Alhamdulilah everything is going well so far. Making dua this year is a year of success for me and all the ummah of Moahmed pbuh.
    How are you doing.

Alhamdullilah, all is well =) =)

Ameen insha'Allah they are accepted, difficult times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    I was thinking exactly this. Heck, I am not even Muslim (another mixed minority) and I am more Muslim in beliefs than they are.

Have a 'Muslim' friend like this who is basically like a white liberal man who is Muslim in name only. Does not pray, does not have any religious conviction whatsoever yet claims to be 'Muslim' when his reputation is at stake. Everything he supports is for the western establishment.

I absolutely detest these people. They are the Muslim equivalent to the sellouts we have in the Chinese race. People who go out and drink and try to fit in to their culture whilst being humiliatingly rejected time and time again because they do not really belong. Round hole, square peg.
    The Chinese were a great civilisation until they all started turning to atheism, are you an atheist or a Confucianist? What do you think of Liu Zhi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by interact)
    The Chinese were a great civilisation until they all started turning to atheism, are you an atheist or a Confucianist? What do you think of Liu Zhi?
    I believe he understood the essence of Islam more than a typical western liberally educated individual ever would. I.e. An attempt to actually understand the culture and the history. And if he were alive today, he would try to understand the grievances.

I am a Christian, brought up going to a Methodist church. I have my own beliefs. I don't drink, I don't go out and do drugs like a lot of people my age. I work hard and I am devoted to my sport. In fact, I have made my parents proud but I suffer from prejudice like you guys. I think there is something in this society that is very paranoid about minorities (I am mixed but we're all the same in their eyes, at least in many parts of the north east), like we're a threat or we're different. I have always found it easier to make genuine friends with other minorities. No black, no brown has ever called me a "chinky". No black or brown has told me to "Go back to China".

My only real vice in life is that I like many women, perhaps the most difficult 'ill' to cure.

ReputationRep:

Lol you could tell he is a perv or something.

(Original post by amenahussein)
    Salaams guys!

I have a question, what's the ruling on naming your child a Hebrew name, because after posting on a thread I love the names Benyamin and Isaac (Ishaaq) for future sons, I got a personal message from someone saying that's Haraam?

Opinions?

JazakaAllah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Any name is permissible as long as it has a good meaning. Some people argue that this is 'imitating the kuffar' but if that was the case, then all of the sahabah would have changed their names once becoming Muslim as they also shared the names of the kuffar.

ReputationRep:
    If the opposite sex says salaam to you on the streets, should you reply? Even if you can tell their intentions aren't right?
    Random question I know.
    I would return salaam. Not sure if what i am about to say is out of context but here it is anyway

[4:86]

وَإِذَا حُيِّيتُمْ بِتَحِيَّةٍ فَحَيُّوا بِأَحْسَنَ مِنْهَا أَوْ رُدُّوهَا ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ حَسِيبًا

And when you are greeted with a greeting, greet [in return] with one better than it or [at least] return it [in a like manner]. Indeed, Allah is ever, over all things, an Accountant.

The rights of a Muslim upon another are five: returning greetings, visiting the sick, following the funeral procession, responding to invitations and offering 'Tashmeet' for one who sneezes." (Bukhari and Muslim)

In one Hadith a man asked the Prophet about which aspect of Islam was best. The Prophet replied:

"Feeding the hungry, and saying salaam to those you know and those you don't know." (Bukhari and Muslim)

The Prophet also said:

"You will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another: 'spread salaam' (the greeting of peace) among you." (Muslim)

ReputationRep:
    Random question I know.

http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/19693
    http://islamqa.info/en/39258
    http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/29200
    http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2014/...r-interaction/

Seekershub mentions in the latter part of the article.

ReputationRep:
    Just return salaam and if they want to chat about unnecessary stuff, then duck out. Thats what i would do akh

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.