ReputationRep:
    5/10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kangie)
    5/10
    Your more of an 8/10 x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binarythoughts)
    I wonder what your 10 is for other people...
    My 10 for others is 10 for everyone else.

But other people's 10s I'm like hmm 8 maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astorath97)
    Your more of an 8/10 x
    You've got impressive game, teach me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallMeJay)
    You've got impressive game, teach me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha what do you mean mate ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)
    What do you mean by 'true potential'?
    Perhaps it would be more interesting/enlightening, to turn that question round and ask yourself.. :beard:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Clue: think anything and everything above and beyond aesthetics..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Perhaps it would be more interesting/enlightening, to turn that question round and ask yourself.. :beard:

Spoiler:
    Show
    We have a philosopher in the house methinks....:holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Wow youre so deep :beard:

I assumed you were talking about career choice and intelligence, but then I thought how would my appearance affect my intelligence, the career path I choose or how hard I work?
    If you mean how I treat others, again my appearance shouldn't affect it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elhm1800)
    We have a philosopher in the house methinks....:holmes:
    (Original post by liass)
    Wow youre so deep :beard:
    Haha, I just like to encourage people to establish their aspirations - as a life coach it is more potent if you get the client to do this for themselves, rather than merely modelling 'success' for them

I assumed you were talking about career choice and intelligence
    Among other things, yes

then I thought how would my appearance affect my intelligence, the career path I choose or how hard I work?
    You'd be surprised, hot girls tend to dumb down/get treated differently, albeit less so in single-sex educational environments

If you mean how I treat others, again my appearance shouldn't affect it
    That too, and you would think that but human behaviour is a fantastically nuanced/somewhat subconscious thing (now we are in danger of getting 'deep')!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by og.east)
    i feel like i'm bathing in cringe
    So much this.

ReputationRep:
    0.1/10.0

ReputationRep:
    Ide say 7, possibly more if I hit the gym

ReputationRep:
    I'd say I'm a 6.5, maybe a 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by og.east)
    i feel like i'm bathing in cringe
    This is my favourite post of the year so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)
    Im not trying to be arrogant- I dont go around telling people 'oh look at me look how amazing i am'. Im just confident with myself and how I look. It upsets me when people are scoffed at for liking the way they look (not saying youre doing that, just making a general statement). I find insecurity is romanticised too much nowadays.

Naturally, probably not. Lots of girls in my opinion are 10/10 when they do their hair, put on nice clothes and do their makeup really well. I think 10/10 is something you really have to work for, hence why I said I only go to 10/10 when I do my makeup really well- fairly rare as Im lazy.
    No, I didn't mean you specifically - you seem confident but it's not like you're posting selfies everywhere and getting hundreds of rep points.

I understand why some people may "scoff" at those who like the way they look, usually because they don't like their own appearance.
    The problem with aesthetics is that they're "on the whole" just luck of the draw.
    Obviously you can tailor yourself to an extent with exercise, hair-styling, clothing, etc - but the fact is that in terms of core attributes, some people just happen to be more physically appealing than others.

People should be proud of their appearance in the same way that I'm proud of my intelligence.
    I feel like intelligence and looks are similar in the sense that people don't like it if you flaunt them too much due to their own insecurities.

Perfection doesn't exist - it's merely a theoretical construct, an unattainable aspiration; the end of a limitless scale.
    Nothing can never truly be perfect because we don't know what perfect is.
    We've never even seen it before and we never will.

Don't get me wrong, perfection is important as a motivator; as a goal to strive towards, but it simply can't be reached.
    That's just my opinion though.

ReputationRep:
    7/10 non-nude, 9/10 nude, my hair+muscle combination... I want to eat my own legs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    This is my favourite post of the year so far.
    haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    No, I didn't mean you specifically - you seem confident but it's not like you're posting selfies everywhere and getting hundreds of rep points.

I understand why some people may "scoff" at those who like the way they look, usually because they don't like their own appearance.
    The problem with aesthetics is that they're "on the whole" just luck of the draw.
    Obviously you can tailor yourself to an extent with exercise, hair-styling, clothing, etc - but the fact is that in terms of core attributes, some people just happen to be more physically appealing than others.

People should be proud of their appearance in the same way that I'm proud of my intelligence.
    I feel like intelligence and looks are similar in the sense that people don't like it if you flaunt them too much due to their own insecurities.

Perfection doesn't exist - it's merely a theoretical construct, an unattainable aspiration; the end of a limitless scale.
    Nothing can never truly be perfect because we don't know what perfect is.
    We've never even seen it before and we never will.

Don't get me wrong, perfection is important as a motivator; as a goal to strive towards, but it simply can't be reached.
    That's just my opinion though.
    This is so poetic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I don't rate girls or anyone, There's only two girls in my whole life who I thought were beautiful(to me), All the rest just pass my eye as if no one was there. That's how it works with me, and I'm glad.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.